Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SQUAD GOALS: DETAIL REQUESTS

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #196
    Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    Hi Cmdr Vanguard.

Thanks for the info! It's good to know there will be a name policy

As for the log - apologies, I meant Squadron Feed. Will this be permanent or session based?
    Ah, my apologies! The Squadron Feed/Log would be persistent as we'd like you to see what happened while you weren't online. We'd like it to act as a recent activity log so it probably won't persist forever (along the lines of last X days/last X entries).

Originally Posted by Olivia Vespera View Post (Source)
    What happens when a member is kicked out of the Squadron when docked at the Fleet Carrier?
    This is a good query for a Focused Feedback thread about Carriers. That's not something we can discuss yet though.

Originally Posted by Zurdin View Post (Source)
    How will the rank structure work in Squadrons. Are ranks issued by the Suadron Leader or is there some other criteria where a players squadron rank would increase or decrease as a result of certain game activities.
    Squadron ranks would be issued by the Leader as there is only one level of promotion below them (Pilot -> Officer) so it wouldn't really make sense for Officers to be able to promote people to Officers. However, as with all things in the Focused Feedback threads, the rank system is not yet set in stone.

What is the number of player required to get a fleet carrier ?

Hi Developers,

The Squadron Rank structure, and player cap of 250 seems really limited to me, I am on the Council for Dark Echo and there are 7 of us that run it not just one, additionally we have nearly 400 members granted not all active in elite but the time will come when that causes issues if not straight away.

Would it be possible to increase the wing cap and offer something other than a single wing leader Rank for wings such as ours that have a council not a single person in charge?

o7

Will the previous Squadron affiliation of an ex-member of a Squadron be shown for a length of time after they leave the Squadron?

Hi, is there going to be any work done on the net code that will enable this to work ?

We have seen and experienced major issues with multi crew with only 3 players trying to share instances ?

It’s not that I don’t have faith , it’s my opinion based on previous experiences

Without the ability for more than just 4 users to wing up I think the whole system will be missing a major part of what it is to be in a squadron. Otherwise its just wings with a factor affiliation bolted on with some as yet unknown chat facilities, and possible sharing of resources. If instancing is as potentially awful as it is at times for multicrew I cant see this feature will get much mileage, from the users in the long run.

Is there any way to check if a CMDR in question who is applying to my squadron is the same player as one that was banned previously?

Is there anything you can say about what you can't do with the Squadron website? (such as Discord Oauth2 or setting up your own OAuth2 API for community devs?)

Originally Posted by Adam Waite View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

Please Remember: This thread is for feedback directed at developers, not other posters. Please post requests for additional details here if you think we have missed pertinent information that could help you give better feedback.

Try to be as specific as you can with detail requests. If possible, try to explain what particular thing the details would help with.

We can’t promise to have the time to respond. Sometimes we may not have even nailed down the details. Importantly for us though, such requests can be useful in forcing us to consider all the angles!

Where we can, we will answer in this first post, and update the main post where possible.
    Hello Adam,
    I'd like to request, to not lock content for squadrons behind a minimum number of members.
    Our old playergroup got spread around the whole galaxy since we weren't able to compete against one other, much larger group than ours. Some even have completely stopped playing the game for this reason. A few of us have re-arranged somewhere else now and we have reached great goals with those few people.

If the content of squadrons would be locked behind "xxx" amount of members, we wouldn't be able to benefit from it at all, like maybe many other players too.
    Also we would not like to be forced to join a large group or make active recruits for cmdrs who barely have intrest in our goals just to unlock content.

So please make it possible, that even a group of 2-4 players can benefit from the whole Sqadron system and content (also carriers), even if it takes a little bit more time or efforts for us than for large groups.

It seems to me that Frontier is desperately trying to make Elite Dangerous a multiplayer game and they are failing. CQC is a failure. Multicrew is a failure. Wings is a failure. Why does anyone think squadrons is going to be any better? Why does anyone care about how many players can be in a squadron? How many do you think will be able to be online together at once? You will never have all 250 members online playing together at once, let alone 500 or 1000. As good as the instancing is, you would be lucky to have 10 members from a squadron online together at once.

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #205
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Will the previous Squadron affiliation of an ex-member of a Squadron be shown for a length of time after they leave the Squadron?
    Repeatedly joining the same Squadron under a different alias is definitely a concern and something we're hoping to handle elegantly. We'll keep this option open but there may be better ways of handling that.

Is there any way to check if a CMDR in question who is applying to my squadron is the same player as one that was banned previously?
    This is a concern. As mentioned above, we'd like to handle this as elegantly as possible and we have a few options available. Is there a particular way you'd like to see this handled?

Is there anything you can say about what you can't do with the Squadron website? (such as Discord Oauth2 or setting up your own OAuth2 API for community devs?)
    I don't have any details to share on the Squadron website just yet. I'll pass on the feedback that we'd like more clarification on the website though. Perhaps another of these threads on the website specifically would be suitable.

Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post (Source)
    This is a concern. We'd like to handle this as elegantly as possible and we have a few possibilities available. Is there a particular way you'd like to see this handled?
    Hello Cmdr Vanguard

As mentioned, I've had this problem previously in my community, where a peron kept changing Cmdr names via Support until they were no longer allowed to do it after my intervention, providing all the proof from my forums etc. So from experience - it was a lengthy and stressful process.

When it comes to Squadrons, I think the easiest and most efficient solution would be for the game to assign a unique hidden ID for each Commander (game account) so even if they change their name via Support Ticket or via Clear Save function, the game knows it's the same account and will keep it banned from applying to join a Squadron they are banned from.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be simultaneously a Fuel Rat, a member of the Anti-Xeno Initiative, a member of some powerplay faction, and a member of DWE2.

So two questions:
    1. Which of the above are envisioned as eligible for squadrons?
    2. Will we be able to belong to all of them at the same time?

Inara and Discord have greater functionality than squadrons. I think everyone would be better off getting independent commanders for hire to temporarily fill out rosters, then buy fleet carriers for everyone.

A communications tab for text comms. A Menu panel for appointing officers. A 250 commander cap. MAYBE in game tags (can't you friend them and get tags?). MAYBE way points (How about a Discord MOTD - please book mark the following systems for the 6/12/18 event).

It's like no one at FDEV played an MMO before...

As another feature request please show the CMDRs Squadron here:

AND allow the commander to switch it on or off, or select which squadron to show as their pledged squadron.

I think it will be really important to stay focused on squadrons working properly on launch as opposed to focusing ďnaming policiesĒ and enforcing them.

Itís really not going to matter if someone has a squadron named FUEL RATZ is the boards donít work, chats donít work, and the Fleet Carrier doesnít jump, canít dock.

If someone is immmature enough to name their squadron FUEL RATZ then let them. Itís not worth your time. Itís def not worth the nerd rage if they donít work right for two weeks.