• 03 - TheOriginalB - The Obvious Punchline

1 11.11%
  • 04 - Frank - If At First You Don't Succeed

2 22.22%
  • 05 - RoyalHankey - Sports Day at Dongkum

0 0%

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #249: Bucky's Ball

Drabble Short Story Contest #249: Bucky's Ball

01 - cleonymus - IFSGC delayed due to artefact shortage.

Teams across the bubble were depending on her completing this mission. Retrieve the right artefact so the competition could resume.

The SRV danced across the planets surface, it's driver splitting her attention between peering at the scanner and avoiding the larger boulders.

As it approached the crest of the latest rise, the Guardian site hove into view. A brief look of relief passed across Commander Buckie's face as she realised that her objective could not be far.

Some called them an ancient "Orb" but in the world of the inter faction soccer galactic cup, they were just a useful ball.

02 - Galactic Midden - I came in like a wrecking ball

Bucky was unlucky; he came from Kentucky, with menfolk both clueless but keen.

"Truckie!" said Bucky, joining wings with friend Ducky... before both turned purple from green.

"Bucky..." said Ducky, "you've shot another truckie. Worse! He's not wanted he's clean!"

"Turkey!" cursed Bucky "my aim's gotten mucky... let's cover it up with my beams".

"Study more Bucky, you can't kill a truckie, you'll be dog food for Alvin and more".

"Puppy!" spat Bucky, "and awfully yucky. He's harmless, just a pet to chew toys and ignore".

Bucky thought Ducky... you're now former truckie, and about to be Alvin's new ball.

03 - TheOriginalB - The Obvious Punchline (aka "The First Draft Was 136 Words")

There once was an incautious pilot
    Any ship, he said he could fly it
    But I'll sadly report
    Upon leaving port
    He quickly had to rebuy it

Our pilot tried again
    Worked hard, saved credits, and then
    Boarded his new ship
    Placed hands on the grip
    And boosted into a Type-10

The pilot was twice disgraced
    Tough decisions he now faced
    With grim determination
    Ignoring obvious causation
    Once more he entered the race

The story of our pilot's fall
    Is quite painful to recall
    He made one last bet
    And how saddled with debt
    He's stuck gagging on Bucky's ball

04 - Frank - If At First You Don't Succeed, Cheat

Everyone was outside and revved up for the competition. The doors opened and they entered a lavish dancehall where an orchestra played the Blue Danube. The dance contest had begun.

Dick Basterdley eyed his main competition, Peter Perfect and his partner Penelope Pitstop, before nodding to his faithful snickering servant, Buckley.

Peter whirled Penelope and the pair pirouetted perfectly until Peter slipped, scurried for purchase on the floor, before ending upside-down. In a demonstration of centripetal force, Penelope was flung into the judges' seats yelling "heyulp!"

Buckley snickered as he threw the empty tube of buckminsterfullerene lubricant in a bin.

05 - RoyalHankey - Sports Day at Dongkum

Starbuck entered the hanger with Buck.
    "Landing pad 23 please" said controller
    "We just passed that" Said Buck
    "We going to have to get it back now"
    "Ok all reverse"
    "There's a lot of action here" said Starbuck
    "Well there supposed to be isn't there"
    "Never seen this much though."
    "Well it's the final isn't it"
    "Yep most patterns tend to start off slow and finish fast"
    Buck said "Pad 1 is the fastest pad".
    "That's true but this is the 100th year and should be fast all the time".
    "Just be glad Buckeys Ball Final isn't on Pad 99".

Now that there is no Psykokow Drabble Show to denigrate Galactic Midden, he is finally getting the votes he deserves.

I knew there must've been a good reason for the Psykokow Drabble Show. I hope it comes back soon

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Now that there is no Psykokow Drabble Show to denigrate Galactic Midden, he is finally getting the votes he deserves.

I knew there must've been a good reason for the Psykokow Drabble Show. I hope it comes back soon
    Frank! How could you????

I should make this week's topic something nasty about Frankenfurters or unwashed drunken miners or something, but you'd probably think that a compliment. So instead, in light of Kow's hiatus I shall be choosing the topic...

Gone AWOL

p.s. thank you to all those wonderful people who voted for me

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Frank! How could you????

I should make this week's topic something nasty about Frankenfurters or unwashed drunken miners or something, but you'd probably think that a compliment. So instead, in light of Kow's hiatus I shall be choosing the topic...

Gone AWOL

p.s. thank you to all those wonderful people who voted for me
    Of course it'd be a compliment, but the topic's already been done.

You say the topic is about psykokow "Gone AWOL"? Are you sure you typed "AWOL" correctly?