Results 1 to 10 of 10

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: viaiting settlements and get attacked.

  1. #1

    viaiting settlements and get attacked.

    i use ED Pathfinder. setting to no fight.
    got to 1st settlement fine. was a +++. started scanning a dataport not knowing there was any difference. it was a defense data port. it tried to kill me after that. who know how many skimmers and guns i shot out trying to survive.

    end result?
    every settlement i enter tries to kill me.
    i have traveled up to 7k to visit a settlement
    i have 0 notoriety,
    almost have no Pres with major powers.
    i need to be able to scan settlements but cannot access any. even if its mission based.
    even at neutral settlements i am enemy #1.

    is there ANY way to fix this??
    i have no notoriety
    have no bounties
    IF contacts keep showing me nothing to fix.
    have landed as far as 7k away and tried to visit and still get attacked.
    i have gone to places streamers have gone which did not attack them and i still get attacked.

  2. #2
    Settlements with any number of + after their name don't really like you trespassing on their territory, this has always been the case.

    If you have received a bounty from any of these you can go to an interstellar factors to pay it off, once your notoriety drops to zero.

  3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    As Micky says, most settlements will have their no-go or trespass zones and varying levels of security responses!

    Have a read through the Wiki article below for more info on these sites and their associated missions:

    http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Settlement


  4. #4
    Unfortunately there is very little information in game to explain how the settlements work.

    Same for the rest of the game too.

  5. #5
    unfortunately for me somehow the nogo in my srv is the same as the nogo for ships.

  6. #6
    if you were driving along in the country for eg and came across a sign that said no trespassing beyond this point I don't think that means you can proceed if on a bike
    skateboards however should be fine

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by STRONTIUM DOG View Post (Source)
    if you were driving along in the country for eg and came across a sign that said no trespassing beyond this point I don't think that means you can proceed if on a bike
    skateboards however should be fine
    this is very close to breaking the posting rules. this is being sarcastic and not being helpful. i would advise you to refrain from such in the future.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by CMDR Luna View Post (Source)
    As Micky says, most settlements will have their no-go or trespass zones and varying levels of security responses!

    Have a read through the Wiki article below for more info on these sites and their associated missions:

    http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Settlement

    problem is i cannot access ANY settlement. PERIOD! i can even try to follow someone that is not being attacked and i get blown.

  9. #9
    sorry noted and lighten up will ya

  10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #10
    Originally Posted by Timnus View Post (Source)
    problem is i cannot access ANY settlement. PERIOD! i can even try to follow someone that is not being attacked and i get blown.
    Have you been picking these scan missions up for the same faction or factions every time? If so, the hits you've been taking are going to be hurting your rep with them and you may be at a point where you're considered hostile.

    I think the best idea will be for you to put in a support ticket so we can go over your account logs and see what's been going on

    Make sure to include some examples of times and locations where you've run into this.