Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Falling With Style : An SRV base-jumping festival (19-27 May 3304)

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Uh oh ... well that's the top half of the leaderboard spoken for!
    <in the voice of Eor> Don't worry, I'll be covering the bottom half..."

Yay! To quote Ed Lewis "All the best one's are here!" (except for the best one's who aren't here yet).

Damn, I forgot to do the "Magnificent Seven" thing, oh well, I think we're at least ...

(ish)
    Shouldn't that be - "Damn - I forgot I had two hands!"

Dang! No shipyard at Smith Base!

How am I going to get my JC over here now!

Originally Posted by Susanna View Post (Source)
    Shouldn't that be - "Damn - I forgot I had two hands!"
    LOL - but then how would he hold his whisky glass?

Dang! No shipyard at Smith Base!

How am I going to get my JC over here now!
    Shipyard at Fan Horizons station in the same system.

OMG ALEC!

that decent was just <WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH> Awesome run!!!

My first attempt ended with death after 3min of decent... More later

A) Riding your SRV on someone elses ship will NOT be allowed, riding it on your own ship however ... well I wouldn't dismiss the idea
    Dang! My 2nd account is out in Colonia atm

Dang! My 2nd account is out in Colonia atm /
    Oh gawd ... now I'm gonna have to go and define "your own ship" in the FAQ!

There's always one isn't there!

What if I use a friends SRV as step ladder and we leapfrog the launch?

Originally Posted by PrimetimeCasual View Post (Source)
    What if I use a friends SRV as step ladder and we leapfrog the launch?

In all seriousness - do people think I should insist on docking with the station for the end screenshot so we have the date visible? Currently there's nothing stopping someone from making runs right now and submitting them next week. With just the times I won't be able to tell.
    I'd vote against it but I think my vote is compromised in this case. So whatevs.

I'll just wait until Saturday and see how many runs it takes for lightning to strike twice.

Should I post my (disqualified) run video anyway? Which should help reassure people that I won't secretly hold on to it and submit it later.

I just reread your rules (there's so many I couldn't remember them all ) to see where the final screenshot needs to be. I think it's fine just in the garage - most or all racers making practise runs this week are likely to go faster next week anyway.

I just like SRV races that end stationary on the ground, so inside the garage is fine by me.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    I just reread your rules (there's so many I couldn't remember them all ) to see where the final screenshot needs to be. I think it's fine just in the garage - most or all racers making practise runs this week are likely to go faster next week anyway.

I just like SRV races that end stationary on the ground, so inside the garage is fine by me.

It's why this race is brilliant and also a nice change of pace. It's not just about going really fast and blazing across the finish, but quickly and safely coming to a stop.

The difficulty of this is wonderfully compounded by the literal mountain of momentum behind you.

OK, thanks for the feedback ... rules remain unchanged then ... just stop in any garage, no need to dock.

Finding the garage and getting into it is harder than you'd think. I usually get caught up on the ramp for what feels like an eternity because I try to cut the corner....

Oh gawd ... now I'm gonna have to go and define "your own ship" in the FAQ!

There's always one isn't there!
    It's always a pleasure to help Alec

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast