Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 148 of 148

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Falling With Style : An SRV base-jumping festival (19-27 May 3304)

  1. #136
    Lots of new times to get on the scoreboard - update around 1ish. In the meantime, I had an unintentional/unofficial crack at the altitude challenge ...



    5.85km ... yay, I win ... directly over the base too!

    Then met up with Cmdr Alice Cooper (aka Nick Sticks) ..



    .. and attempted to follow him down. This did not go well ... for either of us ultimately. I'll probably upload some video of some silliness later.

  2. #137
    Oh, and for anyone who's struggling to find a garage to stop in at the end, while I was up there I took this handy photo ... garages circled in red.


  3. #138
    I havenae seen anyone else do it. Is there going to be an official meet-up time for a multiplayer tumble down the mountain?

    Hopefully a time that's work friendly

  4. #139
    Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I havenae seen anyone else do it. Is there going to be an official meet-up time for a multiplayer tumble down the mountain?

    Hopefully a time that's work friendly
    Well actually, my better half is out on Wednesday evening which leaves me with a rare opportunity to play this game during far more sociable hours than my usual 5:30am slot. Anyone want to meet up around 7:30ish for a mass cheese run?





  5. #140
    At last my first complete run!

    18 minutes and 36 seconds.

    Now if I can just shave those 36 seconds off..........


    Oh, and got a 500cr fine for shooting at a rock in the exclusion zone when stocking up on repair mats!

  6. #141
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Well actually, my better half is out on Wednesday evening which leaves me with a rare opportunity to play this game during far more sociable hours than my usual 5:30am slot. Anyone want to meet up around 7:30ish for a mass cheese run?


    What's the moon's local time for 7:30-sh BST? I'd prefer to do it with some light.

    And I can't see any cheese we can punt down the hill to start the race. Maybe Bucky Beermats or Hutton Mugs would be an acceptable alternative.

  7. #142
    Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    At last my first complete run!

    18 minutes and 36 seconds.

    Now if I can just shave those 36 seconds off..........


    Oh, and got a 500cr fine for shooting at a rock in the exclusion zone when stocking up on repair mats!
    Nick ... I'm preparing today's scoreboard now - are you gonna submit that officially?

    Also - I have a minor issue concerning one commanders recent submission - check your inbox. I'll hold off on today's update for an hour so.

    P.S. if anyone feels their video submission is officially worthy of a freestyle "Falling With Style" stunt video competion entry then do say so otherwise I may just skip to the start/finish/speed/height bits and miss the stunt sequence.

  8. #143
    Oh, and another quick note - a couple of people have mentioned their appreciation for the discovery of this fabulous location but I can't take credit for that at all.

    This location was first pointed out to me by lightspeed back in February in the "Guide to good base jumping locations" thread ..

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6440322

    So I'd like to pass on my gratitude to lightspeed for pointing me at this superb location, without which this race would not have happened (I hope you'll come and have a go!). If you'd like to send lightspeed some appreciation for this then go and rep his post in that thread.

    o7

    P.S. I've added this to the FAQ.

  9. #144
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Nick ... I'm preparing today's scoreboard now - are you gonna submit that officially?

    Also - I have a minor issue concerning one commanders recent submission - check your inbox. I'll hold off on today's update for an hour so.

    P.S. if anyone feels their video submission is officially worthy of a freestyle "Falling With Style" stunt video competion entry then do say so otherwise I may just skip to the start/finish/speed/height bits and miss the stunt sequence.
    Not for the moment as it was a first run - I must be able to do better than that

    Although my second run was much worse, thinking about it.

  10. #145
    Nick, submit it anyway that way you're on the board. You won't be last!

  11. #146
    Originally Posted by MostlyEvilKiwi View Post (Source)
    Nick, submit it anyway that way you're on the board. You won't be last!
    Ok will do when I get home but won't make Alec's list today.

  12. #147
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Oh, and another quick note - a couple of people have mentioned their appreciation for the discovery of this fabulous location but I can't take credit for that at all.

    This location was first pointed out to me by lightspeed back in February in the "Guide to good base jumping locations" thread ..

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6440322

    So I'd like to pass on my gratitude to lightspeed for pointing me at this superb location, without which this race would not have happened (I hope you'll come and have a go!). If you'd like to send lightspeed some appreciation for this then go and rep his post in that thread.

    o7

    P.S. I've added this to the FAQ.
    Thankyou kindly for the shout It's great that participants are finding it a good site !
    I am presently somewhere 'north' of Colonia ..... 25,000+ light years away lol.

  13. #148
    OK, here we go everyone - it's scoreboard update time and a lot has been happening.



    So working up from the bottom of the new entries (which are highlighted each day), first off we have MostlyEvilKiwi in the appropriately named "Spin Cycle" who managed to tumble dry a full load of laundry in just 18m 57s ... don't know about anyone else but that's certainly faster than my washing machine so well done sir! It would have been a much faster run if it hadn't have been for an unfortunate bounce which went up instead of forwards, ripped his joystick loose and left Mr Kiwi with zero momentum for the final 15km drive to Smith Base. On the plus side he did manage to take 3rd place in the "Falling Upwards" challenge.

    Next it's Cmdr notben who just managed to sneak a run into today's update with an unnamed SRV (his named one having been destroyed earlier!). Beating Cmdr Elastul Ma'fer by just over 1 minute his final time was a cool 17m 20s and, as with his Falling Upwards and Falling Fast challenges, he has therefore successfully competed not to be last. Bravo!

    Mid-table, in 6th and 5th places respectively, we have Cmdrs Frank and Bruski. Frank's unnamed SRV got a respectable time of 10m 58s while Bruski's "Self Preservation Society" (I hope you're carrying gold for the RP) managed to break the 10 barrier with an excellent 9m 43s. Note: the latter time is somewhat provisional while the judges confer over when is the appropriate time to start the clock for commanders crazy enough to begin their run by riding their own recently dismissed ship into space (hint: it's when the SRV's speed changes from zero). More excitingly tho', Bruski has successfully taken the lead in both "Falling Upwards" and "Falling Fast" challenges with a maximum altititude of 10.8km (WOW!) and a maximum speed of 360m/s.

    And lastly, up at the top, we have our second pro run of the tournament with a fantastic 6m 45s from Cmdr Timmy Brabston including a truly terrifying, ground skimming mid-air repair near the end of the run. The battle for first place is well and truly on ... and we haven't even seen entries from yet! Timmy also grabs 2nd place in the "Falling Fast" challenge with a max speed of 351m/s.

    That's it for today folks. I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from Tigger ...

    The wonderful thing about tiggers
    Is tiggers are wonderful things!
    Their tops are made out of rubber
    Their bottoms are made out of springs!
    They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910