Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Why make a Jurassic World game if your lacking killable workers?

Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)
    Interesting discussion!

Our vehicles remain indestructible, however, dinosaurs definitely react to vehicles around them! They can either flee or chase the vehicles when they enter their enclosures, and will also try and run away if they are darted. Watching some raptors chasing the ranger team is pretty cool Hope this helps!
    Thank you Bo! I really can't wait to see this in action. I hope those Jeeps come with a box of spare underpants for my Rangers? I'm sure I would need some after such an experience with Raptors

Originally Posted by JohnMiller1132 View Post (Source)
    Thank You! Iím thrilled to learn that thereís a raptors chasing now. Canít wait to see the iconic T-Rex chasing as well.

Thanks for your discussion again Astaran! They are well-structured and straight to the points.

I'm still holding my stand though Ė the jeep should be made destructible. Please allow me to add Option 4 and 5 to your list.

Option 4 Ė To counter the disastrous moment that Lora Craft69 mentioned, my new thought is to include an implant (as in the movies). This implant is the very last resort to go to. Itís capable of administrating some sort of sedative/relaxant/anti-psychotic just to slow down a Dino, making it much less aggressive, conscious to cause serious harms. Of course, there must be costs associated with it though Ė it can only be administered once (or more by having the Dinos to go through expensive, time-consuming surgery); also, the chemical admistration causes decrease in Dino Health, Happiness, and Ratings. In that way, the incident of attacks may be decreased to 1/20 or even a much lower 1/50 as I discussed with Lora earlier.

Option 5 Ė This is simply a cheat version of Option 2,3 combined, along with a couple points that Iím going to mention later. Instead of the unrealistic concept of indestructible jeep, if the problem lies on too much designing work on the Devs end, I would again advocates that a simple tweaking down of Dino attack frequency, and prolonged vehicle life (without having to go through any reasoning behind, just to save work).

- A chopper air-drop of jeep replacement can be made in such that it can be dropped at any selected location almost instantly to make things easier (of course it should costs a lot).
    - The limit (I donít know if there is one now) of total Ranger station can be made higher in such that there are like 2-4 in bigger islands. I believe that a total number of available jeeps of 4 x 3 = 12 do spare any possible lost.
    - Experienced rangers will have better AI in taking safer routes to stay far away from dangerous Dino. (PCRM4Life mentioned in the other post)
    - Frequency of attack is a function of Dino short and long term happiness, and their relationship with the rangers.

The point is - the above implementations shouldnít take much developer designing resources.

Winterwalker, I couldnít agree with you more! I do believe that destructible jeep does make the game to be a much more spectacularly amazing game!!!
    I really appreciate this discussion! It's nice to have a good, constructive debate over this game.

Those are also some really good ideas. I like the idea of the implants. Something like this could be used as an "endgame tech" for the most dangerous Dinosaurs. This could result in some sort of technological progression: the more dangerous ("more endgame") a Dino is, the more sophisticated the security tech needs to be to keep it in check. While you can lure a Ceratosaurus away with a pork chop, a Raptor might see through it and attack anyway. This would also mean some sort of planning ahead if you want to introduce extremely smart species like Velociraptor or even Hybrids into your park. Cool stuff.

I'm really curious to see how the current mechanic that Bo described plays out in the final game. I wonder if the Dinos can "chase away" our Ranger teams before they were able to finish the job?
    Don't get me wrong, I would really love to see vulnerable Ranger Jeeps in the game, but I can see why Fontier decided against it (for now? ) I hope it's okay for Bo and the rest if we just keep on discussing this topic anyway

Yeah, this is probably my major complaint for the game. Having the workers and jeeps being somehow invincibles seems to be a bad choice. I mean, if i have to go into the T-Rex's zone with my car, my rangers should be in danger. I'm sure there are several ways this can be implemented and i hope for a future patch. The Safari Tour in OG had destructible vehicles, and people were in danger if they tried to go near a big carnivore. Having an indestructible jeep seems like a very strange design choice that i hope will be fixed. The Dinos should be a threat to everyone. Because if i'm afraid of going into the zone where the bad boys are, the experiences is only enhanced

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Kiuraz View Post (Source)
    Yeah, this is probably my major complaint for the game. Having the workers and jeeps being somehow invincibles seems to be a bad choice. I mean, if i have to go into the T-Rex's zone with my car, my rangers should be in danger. I'm sure there are several ways this can be implemented and i hope for a future patch. The Safari Tour in OG had destructible vehicles, and people were in danger if they tried to go near a big carnivore. Having an indestructible jeep seems like a very strange design choice that i hope will be fixed. The Dinos should be a threat to everyone. Because if i'm afraid of going into the zone where the bad boys are, the experiences is only enhanced
    Destructible jeeps is all fine when there isn't a disaster happening.
    For example you are on Isla Sorna and have three jeeps.
    A storm starts and twisters form, the electricity from a number of paddocks with large carnivores fails.
    The carnivores break out and you have three holes to repair and send out your acu chopper to tranquilize the dinosaurs, one of your jeeps gets destroyed by a T-Rex, you now have two jeeps and three holes to repair.
    You go to your ranger station and add a new jeep and order it to repair the third hole, in the meantime the Velociraptors escape, you now have four holes and another one of your jeeps gets destroyed by a Spinosaurus.
    It now turned into a nightmare to manage...
    And that's chaos theory.

If they somehow found a way to make jeeps less vulnerable during disasters and multiple outbreaks that would be awesome, because that way we can handle destructible jeeps.

you think the Trailer is lying to us ? because we clearly see the workers and the jeep getting attacked by the T-rex, even if it's not gameplay, it's still a video presentation. we see it again at the end of the video.

as no answer is given, I can not give a conclusion unless I have missed the information.

Originally Posted by DARGAN View Post (Source)
    you think the Trailer is lying to us ? because we clearly see the workers and the jeep getting attacked by the T-rex, even if it's not gameplay, it's still a video presentation. we see it again at the end of the video.

as no answer is given, I can not give a conclusion unless I have missed the information.
    When you look at the announcement trailer it says pre-rendered footage, meaning non game play footage
    The announcement trailer from JWE was done by a third party.
    What we see was maybe what they wanted in the game at first but later on decided against it.
    Anyway the trailer was made at a time when they didn't have a entire park to manage and probably found out later that micromanaging the jeeps would be a nightmare.

Edit: This trailer is the pre-order trailer this one is made from game play footage:

Interesting discussion!

Our vehicles remain indestructible, however, dinosaurs definitely react to vehicles around them! They can either flee or chase the vehicles when they enter their enclosures, and will also try and run away if they are darted. Watching some raptors chasing the ranger team is pretty cool Hope this helps!
    ok.. I did not write anything previously.. I do not like his commercial stupidity lol.

despite this I think the game will be very good.

It IS interesting discussion .. and I think we can all see that micro-managing the (dying) staff could be a pain, though it does also beg the question, how many staff members are we expecting to lose each weekend!? (I know interns come cheap and all, but still) be nice if there's a middle ground possible.

Amusing to me because I worked with raptors of all sizes for several years, eventually teaching in Japanese zoos and training a couple of REALLY unfriendly Bald Eagles there. What I do know is I that when we let our Andean Condor out (and if she bites it, you lose it) our boss would have been very upset if we didn't throw ourselves between the animal and the customers, sacrificing ourselves, as staff being eminently expendable, whenever park reputation comes into it!

(Mind you, staff saying, "Let Rexy eat the customers, I'm staying in the ACU!" is probably just as amusing, though for quite different reasons).

Interesting discussion!

Hello

Our vehicles remain indestructible

T-rex vs vehicle and the vehicles is indestructible? seriously?

Can you better explain?

thank you

Originally Posted by jerius View Post (Source)
    Hello

Our vehicles remain indestructible

T-rex vs vehicle and the vehicles is indestructible? seriously?

Can you better explain?

thank you
    Why don't you read the posts in this thread?
    We have been discussing about it for quite a while and also talked about possibly why they made them indestructible.

From what i remember from OG the Jeep, once destroyed, could have been bought again. The same thing could happen here if we consider the rangers as part of the Jeep. Rexy destroys one of the jeeps and then you have to buy it again. It's nice to hear that the dinos do interact with it, but what happens when an angry dino comes near it? She chases it and then what, she let it pass? Even the normal workers should be able to die, and then you have to buy them again. Something similar happened with the cleaners (the only workers available) in OG. Maybe we need a specific building where you can hire them. But if a lot of deaths happen in your parks, especially with workers and rangers, few people will want to work in your park, so you need to keep an eye on that.

These are only suggestions and i don't want too sound to critical, i love the game and i only hope for the best.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Why don't you read the posts in this thread?
    We have been discussing about it for quite a while and also talked about possibly why they made them indestructible.
    For me it's a very bad idea... Why make vehicles indestructible? it breaks the immersion. Why this choice?

The T-rex will watch the car and after? It's nothing..

-Rangers can not kill dinosaurs....

-Personnel invincible....

What's next?

From what i remember from OG the Jeep, once destroyed, could have been bought again. The same thing could happen here if we consider the rangers as part of the Jeep. Rexy destroys one of the jeeps and then you have to buy it again. It's nice to hear that the dinos do interact with it, but what happens when an angry dino comes near it? She chases it and then what, she let it pass? Even the normal workers should be able to die, and then you have to buy them again. Something similar happened with the cleaners (the only workers available) in OG. Maybe we need a specific building where you can hire them. But if a lot of deaths happen in your parks, especially with workers and rangers, few people will want to work in your park, so you need to keep an eye on that.

These are only suggestions and i don't want too sound to critical, i love the game and i only hope for the best.
    It's good

For me the dinosaur must destroy and kill the employers.
    -Declining reputation of the park
    -Redeem the employers and the destroyed jeep for a high cost.

completed

No?

It's good

completed

No?

Originally Posted by jerius View Post (Source)
    It's good

completed

No?
    No because Universal ssid do and they have the final say what can and can not have happen in the game since they own the licensing.

On the other hand I can not wait to see what the chase animations look like.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Destructible jeeps is all fine when there isn't a disaster happening.
    For example you are on Isla Sorna and have three jeeps.
    A storm starts and twisters form, the electricity from a number of paddocks with large carnivores fails.
    The carnivores break out and you have three holes to repair and send out your acu chopper to tranquilize the dinosaurs, one of your jeeps gets destroyed by a T-Rex, you now have two jeeps and three holes to repair.
    You go to your ranger station and add a new jeep and order it to repair the third hole, in the meantime the Velociraptors escape, you now have four holes and another one of your jeeps gets destroyed by a Spinosaurus.
    It now turned into a nightmare to manage...
    And that's chaos theory.

If they somehow found a way to make jeeps less vulnerable during disasters and multiple outbreaks that would be awesome, because that way we can handle destructible jeeps.
    That just sounds like typical, fun Jurassic Park entertainment and is what I would actually expect from this game, though. I wouldn't be managing Jurassic Park if I didn't want to deal with the Dinosaur breakouts.

As long as it doesn't happen all the time, like the other guy said let's say 1 in 10, it wouldn't be a ''management nightmare'' like some claim it would. There shouldn't be anything that is immortal or indestructible in the game. Otherwise give us different levels of difficulties or allow it to be toggled on/off. And everybody is happy.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast