Page 1 of 62 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerplay is probably going open only - finally an amazing change

Powerplay is probably going open only - finally an amazing change

If this goes through I'm definitely buying a few ship kits to support this decision. Powerplay should have been open only from the start. It never made any sense to allow it outside of open in the first place, since it doesnt offer any additional gameplay elements over BGS other than PVP (which people who played in PG/solo don't get anyway). This willl be an amazing move in the correct direction, Frontier.

Yea i agree with you, it's a step in the right direction, hopefully in the future they'll stop solo/pg players from manipulating the bgs completely.

This post is worthless without a source link

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    This post is worthless without a source link
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rplay-Proposal

Please cite your source for FD taking such a radical step away from their long-held position that the modes are all equal.

Originally Posted by DaveB View Post (Source)
    Please cite your source for FD taking such a radical step away from their long-held position that the modes are all equal.
    Link in a comment above. Also, if they make powerplay open only, the modes will actually become ore equal than ever before because BGS offers the same type of gameplay to soloists/PGists anyway, while actual powerplayers will get what they were promised when powerplay was announced.

Originally Posted by DaveB View Post (Source)
    IMHO, it sets a worrisome precedence. What other features will be locked to a certain game mode? Squadrons only in open? BGS only in open? CGs only in open? Anyone who does not like to be shot at by random people or get chain interdicted for teh lulz will be excluded from playing certain game features. The design philosophy behind this is dubious.

Christ on a bike!

Next they'll being integrating CQC into the core game to offer fighter gameplay mechanics in missions, CGs and PvP Powerplay tasks!

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    IMHO, it sets a worrisome precedence. What other features will be locked to a certain game mode? Squadrons only in open? BGS only in open? CGs only in open? Anyone who does not like to be shot at by random people or get chain interdicted for teh lulz will be excluded from playing certain game features. The design philosophy behind this is dubious.
    If you dont want to be shot at by people, you never had place in powerplay in the first place. It was always meant to be a activity for generating consensual PVP and for teamplay against other factions. You dont want to get shot by people, stay off Powerplay and do BGS instead.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Next they'll being integrating CQC into the core game to offer fighter gameplay mechanics in missions, CGs and PvP Powerplay tasks!
    don't tease me...

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    I dont use or care about powerplay, but I'm curious: what good is it in solo?

Originally Posted by Earth Ultimatum IV. View Post (Source)
    Link in a comment above. Also, if they make powerplay open only, the modes will actually become ore equal than ever before because BGS offers the same type of gameplay to soloists/PGists anyway, while actual powerplayers will get what they were promised when powerplay was announced.
    No it doesn't.
    Playing the BGS doesn't get you special modules. BGS effects don't get you discounts or premiums on vouchers or any of the other economic/legal changes that happen with power control of a system.

And what about the folks who play multiple modes? Do the packhounds suddenly get replaced with standard seekers etc? Or is your ship locked to open mode by fitting a power-specific module?

Everything else in the proposal is great, and might tempt me back into PP, in all three modes.
    Making PP open only would require so many kludges and disconnects from the "single shared galaxy" that those of us who play multiple modes would have to choose one.... and I suspect that for most of us it wouldn't be open, for the simple reason that you can play ED in a PG or solo even if you're in the mood to handle open mode but the inverse doesn't hold.

What about the PGs that permit PvP? Powerplay happens there too.

powerplay can only get interesting again when they return the PP bonus for Hudson and ALD.. then we get the clash between imps and feds again.

Originally Posted by Earth Ultimatum IV. View Post (Source)
    I couldn't care less about Powerplay, as it's fundamentally flawed (and the other suggestions in the linked thread don't change that), but I agree with Vardaugas: this sets a troubling precedence. There already are people clamouring for making the BGS open only as loud as they have been for making PP open only, and now FDev has set the first step on that slippery slope.

Page 1 of 62 1236 ... LastLast