Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Add your support for OPEN ONLY POWERPLAY!

Originally Posted by Dark Polo 65 View Post (Source)
    Open without rebuy, no thanks. what's the point of PvP if you risk nothing...
    Whats the point of PvP when you GAIN nothing ?

No matter what anyone says there is NO PvP in this game (apart from cqc)

Player vs Player insinuates consensual combat by 2 or more parties

the "PvP" in this game involves 1 player FORCING another into combat or evasion ie not consensual

All ED are doing by making PP open is forcing people to accept PvP if they want to partake

Doesnt bother me in slightest as I find PP extremely boring and worthless - and i'll never fly in open because of the complete and utter inbalance

I’ve been reading this thread for a few days now and have decided to give my input

I understand the concept as to why to make powerplay an open only feature, but at the same time I understand why the other side is wholely against it.

Making PP open only allows for more PvP, especially with opposing factions like ALD and Hudson.

However, it also doesn’t really solve the CLogging issue. This needs to be fixed first and foremost before any change is done to PP and making it open only.

Nor does it solve the problem that some people just want to do PP how they want to ( and yes I’m aware that this is also true for the other side)

Secondly, I’ve only ever done PP just for the modules, like most people. If the rewards for PP each week were higher and in line with the other average means, I’d may well be swayed to go open and jump on PP. but seriously, 50m credits p/w for max rank?
    Most people can get that bank in a few hours of trading or even bounty hunting.

Putting PP to open only would have to change a few other things as well. It’d mean that the PP modules would need to be available by an alternate means by those who do not wish to partake in PP, maybe via tech broker, or you could earn them by raising your ranks in the factions Home system, then they get unlocked via a special module permit for them, or do them like the guardian modules, go grab all this stuff on the shopping list and we can thwack it together.

I’m neither for or against since I really only play elite when I have some downtime and I don’t really get a lot of time to commit, so I spend most times in PG with my friends and just have fun and I’ve rarely done powerplay as well. Too much of a time sink ( Yes, I know, the irony)

When I was really heavy into PP, I loved it. Truly made you think where you were and what you were doing. Not just from NPCs who, let’s be real, are 99% of the threat you will face. Only time there were ever PP related PvP was when empire space (Torval for me) and an opposing faction got too close to each other. There were a few wars and the PvP was quite intense for a few days. Other than that, I saw very few opposing CMDRs. And when I did see them, the game changed for me as it became about either kill or escape and evade. I had more friendly interactions than hostile ones. So I’m not sure where all this unending and unfair ganking is taking place. I’ve played open also since day one of getting elite, after about 6 hours of just learning controls and getting my bearings. I also flew with a dedicated group of pilots also working for my chosen power. It is at heart a gameplay feature focused around multiplayer interaction OF ALL KINDS. Not just combat.

I cant help but wonder if the primary reason many find it boring is you’re doing it in solo. RP this stuff a little bit. Have fun with it. Make some friends. I’m all for making it open.

Especially since like many people who put time into PP as a feature instead of a module ticket, nothing sucked more than having the best laid plans be destroyed by players you had no way to counter. Sure, even if they were in open many factors may stop you including instance, location, or platform. That can’t be fixed. But putting everyone working it into open is an avenue for interaction. Good or bad.

It is a bit of a nut punch for everyone who wants all the features available in solo, and bought the game under that premise. Not much I can say on that one. Truthfully, I hate games that force MP onto me. Elite has never (and still doesn’t) feel like it forces it on me. Just my opinion on the matter.

Originally Posted by Garfs View Post (Source)
    Whats the point of PvP when you GAIN nothing ?

No matter what anyone says there is NO PvP in this game (apart from cqc)

Player vs Player insinuates consensual combat by 2 or more parties

the "PvP" in this game involves 1 player FORCING another into combat or evasion ie not consensual

All ED are doing by making PP open is forcing people to accept PvP if they want to partake

Doesnt bother me in slightest as I find PP extremely boring and worthless - and i'll never fly in open because of the complete and utter inbalance
    Why comment then on things you will never touch, FD is looking for the opinions of people who interact with it in some way.

Not solo only players like you.

Also you definition of PvP is factually, 100% wrong. By your logic Dark Souls doesn't have PvP

I cant make the stretch to believe that a game feature, specifically a multiplayer interaction aspect , would be allowed in a solo game?

The strategy part of PP needs to have an opponent, not much of a game when there's no opposition.

I've read a lot about how if it goes open only you will all be able to see your enemies....
    You won't, there are four different platforms this game plays out on.
    It's a poor excuse for shafting some xbox and ps4 players who like to play with friends without the potential toxic interruptions that some players bring to the game.

Originally Posted by Crusina Luachra View Post (Source)
    Why comment then on things you will never touch, FD is looking for the opinions of people who interact with it in some way.

Not solo only players like you.

Also you definition of PvP is factually, 100% wrong. By your logic Dark Souls doesn't have PvP
    because we are on an internet forum discussing a game

I used to be heavy into PP back in the day - and open

But PP is postman pat simulator - and open is full of bored children whos sole intent is to ruin other peoples enjoyment and hide behind the PvP moniker

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789