Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Add your support for OPEN ONLY POWERPLAY!

I don't think there's any need, personally. The community are massively behind this one, for a change.

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    I don't think there's any need, personally. The community are massively behind this one, for a change.
    Still, every head counts.

No thanks. I popped into the community goal two days ago and was immediately interdicted and destroyed by another commander. For absolutely no reason. I had no bounty and no cargo... but I did my "part" and didn't log off.

Originally Posted by Turkish View Post (Source)
    No thanks. I popped into the community goal two days ago and was immediately interdicted and destroyed by another commander. For absolutely no reason. I had no bounty and no cargo... but I did my "part" and didn't log off.
    What were you flying? How was it outfitted?

Instead of pouting because you lost once, perhaps you could learn from the experience and better your skills in the game?

Thanks for proving my point.

CQC/Arena for big boys

Originally Posted by Turkish View Post (Source)
    Thanks for proving my point.
    Ah, so everyone should give you special treatment? Because that's exactly what you're asking for.

No, if you're undermining Mahon, you bet I want to blow up your ship.

Time to get good.

Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    CQC/Arena for big boys
    Which is awesome.

I'm not a fan of the precedent, not gonna lie. I hate slippery slope arguments, but this seems iffy to me, to say the least.

Does "I didn't give a toss before, and I don't give a toss now" count as support?

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Does "I didn't give a toss before, and I don't give a toss now" count as support?
    Neutral. Fair enough.

Honestly, I love the sound of all the changes proposed, and those who don't want to PP open are covered with the PowerPlay Missions!

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Missions give Powerplay successes

Missions for factions in a system that share a powers superpower award a number of Powerplay successes when completed
    The mission type determines how many successes are given
    Successes can be applied to expansion, opposition, fortification and undermining

Reasoning: one of the complaints of Powerplay is the limited actions available to support your power. We think that liking, in a very simple manner, missions for aligned factions and Powerplay successes allows Commanders increased variety in an efficient manner. The idea is not to replace the standard Powerplay activities, but to compliment them.

Open only

Powerplay contacts are only available to players in open
    Powerplay vouchers and commodities are destroyed if a player enters solo or private groups

Reasoning: Weve saved the biggest change for last, as making Powerplay Open only goes way beyond the remit of a tweak. Weve seen this topic discussed many times and we think its time we addressed it directly to get as much quality feedback as possible.

Powerplay is fundamentally about consensual player versus player conflict. We think that pretty much all of the systems and rules would benefit from being played out in Open only, as it would dramatically increase the chance of meeting other pledged players and being able to directly affect the outcomes of power struggles.
    Now, what exactly powerplay successes are is a little murky unless I missed something but they say nothing of being unable to contribute & help your power if you do not want to engage in PvP. Indeed, this means that (directly) attacking other powers or defending your own has the possibility for PvP, while, again solo players can still help their power of choice.

Best of both sides of the argument and it expands/improves/connects systems already in the game. Perhaps not perfect overall as some have pointed out flaws, but it's a huge improvement on what we have now.

Hm, maybe I need to mess around with Powerplay before I'm apparently forced to rub shoulders with PvP's obsessive lunatics and the degradation of the original notion that all modes are equal.

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Really?— not sure anyone cares!

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast