Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Open only Powerplay proposed.

  1. #1

    Open only Powerplay proposed.


  2. #2
    I dont have a problem with that, but its reducing access for people who bought Horizons on console and don't pay Sony or MS a subscription fee for online play.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6698769

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I dont have a problem with that, but its reducing access for people who bought Horizons on console and don't pay Sony or MS a subscription fee for online play.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6698769
    I suspect they're a minority. And really this subscription argument is a strawman.

  4. #4
    Sorry I'm a PC user but I want to have my two penneth here

    Six of my mates play ED on their PS4 and only one of them pays for PS+. They others have said time and time again that PS+ isn't worth it for them as they don't play other multiplayer games and are happy to play ED in solo mode. So yeah, this is really going to cheese them off to know they'll have to drop powerplay or pay a monthly fee just to use it.

    short sighted move by FD here.

  5. #5
    Perhaps but pp is more fitting should i say to open. Do u imagine cmdr frustration not seeing the enemy? Am no more in pp because of other issues like what they are addressing, but solo players without a sub to ps+ or ms will never meet any cmdr nevertheless no point in it to engage in player driven galaxy lore stuff then.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Furyboy View Post (Source)
    Perhaps but pp is more fitting should i say to open. Do u imagine cmdr frustration not seeing the enemy? Am no more in pp because of other issues like what they are addressing, but solo players without a sub to ps+ or ms will never meet any cmdr nevertheless no point in it to engage in player driven galaxy lore stuff then.
    Then it should have been open only from the start! Taking something away from customers years later is just despicable no matter how Braben's fanboys spin it.

  7. #7
    IMHO, they should make the PP special equipment buyable and then goodbye to PP altogether. For this is what it really means.

    O7,

  8. #8
    Honestly if you can afford a multi-100 dollar console and a $40 plus game then you can shell out the $60 a year for PS+ and stop your baby crying. Just my 2 cent.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Honestly if you can afford a multi-100 dollar console and a $40 plus game then you can shell out the $60 a year for PS+ and stop your baby crying. Just my 2 cent.
    Oh wow such an ignorant post. Game is like 20 now. Console is about 100 used. If you are kid that got all this on Christmas 60 a year is a no no mister rich pants ok

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by shustas View Post (Source)
    Oh wow such an ignorant post. Game is like 20 now. Console is about 100 used. If you are kid that got all this on Christmas 60 a year is a no no mister rich pants ok
    "Won't someone think of the children?!"

    Glad to see it only took eleven hours to reach this point.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by shustas View Post (Source)
    Oh wow such an ignorant post. Game is like 20 now. Console is about 100 used. If you are kid that got all this on Christmas 60 a year is a no no mister rich pants ok
    Lol I work part time 28 hours a week and can still afford PS+ and any smart kid or parent knows to throw in a year sub card for the Christmas list. The PS+ excuse is old and not a valid point to trash on FDev. Good day sir.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Lol I work part time 28 hours a week and can still afford PS+ and any smart kid or parent knows to throw in a year sub card for the Christmas list. The PS+ excuse is old and not a valid point to trash on FDev. Good day sir.
    UK, Germany or France? Better of, USA? Thats not all World ok? Some places In The Europe offer 300 a month for full time jobs. Get real ok. Not all are born in rich countries. Saying 60 this or 60 that is nothing... you saw no real life away from your rich daddy

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    IMHO, they should make the PP special equipment buyable and then goodbye to PP altogether. For this is what it really means.

    O7,
    In reality the amount of power players is going to go up with their proposed changes. It’s laughable to see someone that thinks it will disappear entirely. Maybe for you. If the posts and the comments I’ve seen on different discord’s/forums are an indication PowerPlay will see an influx of players.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by shustas View Post (Source)
    UK, Germany or France? Better of, USA? Thats not all World ok? Some places In The Europe offer 300 a month for full time jobs. Get real ok. Not all are born in rich countries. Saying 60 this or 60 that is nothing... you saw no real life away from your rich daddy
    We are on 3rd gen and since the 1st gen we have had pay for online services. If at this point that is a surprise or walled off content is new then you haven’t been on console. This is nothing new or original. Games have been that way since gen 1. Again it’s a straw man argument

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    We are on 3rd gen and since the 1st gen we have had pay for online services. If at this point that is a surprise or walled off content is new then you haven’t been on console. This is nothing new or original. Games have been that way since gen 1. Again it’s a straw man argument
    Nonsense argument, as PP was available on this gen console, on this current game and advertised as any game content is accessible regardless of gold or + subscription. So any change to that is by UK law, a claimable and refundable breach of consumer right. Amen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast