Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Steam forums already becoming toxic

Steam forums already becoming toxic

Can some1 please check to see if the "report " button on the steam forums actually works ?

Replies with 4-7 personal insults and childish name calling has become the norm. Its a literal jungle over there.

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    We (at frontier) do not actively monitor the Steam Forums. We do have volunteer moderators that do check up on those forums from time to time.

Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere. Finding people who can be trusted and are stable minded as a moderator is becoming increasingly difficult.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    We (at frontier) do not actively monitor the Steam Forums. We do have volunteer moderators that do check up on those forums from time to time.

Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere. Finding people who can be trusted and are stable minded as a moderator is becoming increasingly difficult.
    I think you failed on more than one count -

You don't have to be to be a moderator but it helps.

@DiesFourth, the report system on Steam works fine but as Brett says we are few and can only check in every so often.

Hopefully, a smart AI will come soon to teach them manners.

It is Reddit, itis always toxic

My ears are burning!

I think trying to moderate is pretty much an impossible task. There will always be kids and immature adult gamers. They simply do not care. Or they care way too much. Either way, it's a tsunami and the more popular a game is the more likely it is of being unable to moderate faster than new offenses occur.
    I just avoid the forums (generally) and use a 'just scroll by' when I see trash. When I have time to toss in the dumpster I will down-vote (if available) the offenders (more to let others know a user's toxicity than as an attempt to educate the offender on social-interaction).

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    I like steam very much because it's a good and very stable platform for my games, I also like the trading cards and especially my steam friends but what I hate there are the discussion forums.
    It's so toxic and must be very difficult to moderate.

Ahem........

Uhhh....

I'm sure its difficult but they've gotten a little extreme. For example, Denuvo appears to be a banned topic. Every post relating to it is locked. We can't discuss the moderation or request a change or its locked as off-topic. A pretty prominent user was suddenly banned without a public explanation. I understand that it can be a difficult job but they volunteered...

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #14
    Originally Posted by ammsamdoij View Post (Source)
    I'm sure its difficult but they've gotten a little extreme. For example, Denuvo appears to be a banned topic. Every post relating to it is locked. We can't discuss the moderation or request a change or its locked as off-topic. A pretty prominent user was suddenly banned without a public explanation. I understand that it can be a difficult job but they volunteered...
    There are four banned users from the steam community hub right now. Each of them are banned for calling moderators 's (among other insults), or promoting piracy, or trolling/flaming. The moderators on Steam enforce the steam rules: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4045-USHJ-3810. If they're suspended from the community hub, they were suspended due to a violation of those rules.

The Denuvo discussions end up in promoting piracy or a constant back and forth mud-slinging contest [aka prone to huge arguments rule] - which generally caused some people to get a short-term vacation from the hub.

Further reading on steam moderation and moderators: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=143962136

So where can we discuss moderation of the steam forums ?

Had to refund the game and unsubscribe from the steam forums. The lack of oversight is alarming. Thread stalking, non stop personal attacks and constant harassment with no relief in sight. I contacted everyone i could and still no results or actions taken at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast