Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Newsletter 226

  1. #1

    Newsletter 226




























    All the latest Elite Dangerous news

    View in browser
































    NEWSLETTER #226
    Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.



    Our Focused Feedback discussion for Squadrons has kicked off this week and we ran a special livestream with one of the Elite Dangerous designers to talk about the comments we've received from players so far. We've also got a creative competition from
     the Independent Defence Agency for a chance to win some impressive prizes.



    As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, as well as right here in the newsletter every week. We're always eager to hear your feedback.

















    Contents



    On the Horizon


    Livestream Lowdown


    Store Spotlight


    Community Central


    Galnet Focus


    Community Goals


    Comms Chatter

































































    ON THE HORIZON

    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

































    FOCUSED FEEDBACK: SQUADRONS



    Our newest Focused Feedback Forum went live last week, and we are amazed by the activity and discussions taking place.



    This feedback session takes a look at the new Squadrons feature. A Squadron is a group of Commanders who want to band together and organise themselves in-game. This might be to play together or to focus on certain types of gameplay such as bounty hunting, Community Goals, or perhaps rescuing Commanders who find themselves out of fuel. 



    Game Designer Adam Bourke-Waite joined the livestream to discuss the upcoming feature and look over some of the feedback so far. You can catch a replay here on YouTube.



    If you'd like to jump into the discussion, please check out the forum here and take a look at some of the stickied posts to get started.

     















    LIVESTREAM LOWDOWN

    Catch up with videos from the community team






















    Ed and Will took some time to play some Community Goals over on Twitch this week.



    Plus, don't forget to check out our Squadrons Focused Feedback discussion with Adam Bourke-Waite over on YouTube.

























    STORE SPOTLIGHT

    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store






















    NEW ANACONDA PAINT JOBS



    This week the Anaconda gets another dose of technological extravagance as the Fusion Paint Jobs hit shipyards across the galaxy. It's for Commanders that enjoy the ‘crackling with unimaginable power’ look.



    As always, these new styles can be found in the Livery, or by searching on your respective platform stores!

























    COMMUNITY CENTRAL

    The best from the community, all in one place

































    NEW IDA COMPETITION 



    The Independent Defence Agency have announced their very first competition, calling for all kinds of creative content. Check out the trailer for the competition here.



    Commanders can submit screenshots, fan art, video clips, montages and other creative visual pieces. Prizes include Frontier games, merchandise and Elite Dangerous in-game extras.



    If you’re interested in entering, head over to the IDA forums to check out all the details.





















    GALNET FOCUS

    All the news from across the Galaxy






















    AEGIS RESPONDS TO CONCERN OVER THARGOID INCURSIONS 



    There has been widespread disquiet over recent reports that Thargoid ships have been encountered in the core systems. Admiral Aden Tanner, chief military liaison for Aegis, addressed these concerns, saying, “Reports that the Thargoids are encroaching upon the core systems en masse are grossly overstated. The enemy is contained.”













































    INVESTIGATION INTO LEAGUE OF REPARATION CONTINUES



    A multi-agency taskforce investigating the League of Reparation, the organisation responsible for the murder of Senator Nestor Cartesius, has made significant progress. Captain Niamh Seutonia of the IISS confirmed that the League is better organised and more widely spread than first suspected, and that all evidence points to an extremely committed group.

























    UTOPIA CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES



    The Utopia campaign to construct a military installation in its home system has now concluded. Many traders delivered a huge quantity of construction material to Bobko City, which will be used to build defences for the Sim-Archive. Other independent pilots protected the operation by eliminating pirate vessels.




























    COMMUNITY GOALS

    The latest missions for you to take on






















    NEW PRISONER FACILITIES IN VEROKLIST

    Vaucouleurs Vision, Veroklist 



    The Empire has announced plans to construct a new Riker-Class Prison Ship in the Veroklist system.



    Once complete, the ship will house criminals who accepted a period of Imperial slavery in lieu of a jail sentence, but who have proved to be too dangerous or unstable for such corrective punishment.



    Earn rewards by delivering Imperial Slaves and Non-Lethal Weapons to Vaucouleurs Vision in the Veroklist system.




























    Community Goals
















    PROTECTING TRADERS IN VEROKLIST

    Vaucouleurs Vision, Veroklist



    Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Vaucouleurs Vision in the Veroklist system.


















    COMMS CHATTER

    A round up of this week's community content






















    ARCTIC ARTWORK



    Cmdragonfire on Reddit has painted a scene of an unfortunate Asp that has crashed-landed on an arctic world. You can find more of this commander's work on artstation.













































    “NEVER STOP EXPLORING!”



    CMDR Rita Mertens discovered this geyser site at PHROI PRUAE CI-Q D6-7385 1 B - LAT: -34.7641; LON: 34.9091. 



    Check out the twitter post for more screenshots.



     




















    See you in the black, Commanders


    The Frontier Developments Team












































    If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe


    Frontier



    Copyright 2018 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

    Frontier Developments plc, 26 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0FP, UK




  2. #2
    A big thank you to Jenner and everyone at Frontier. Best space game ever! Love to all. o7

  3. #3
    No news, please re-add news to the newsletter.

  4. #4
    Thanks Jenner. Enjoy the rest of your week. o7!

  5. #5
    Hooray for news letters. \o/

    Flimley

  6. #6
    Jeez bottom hoovers stop kissing this newsletter emptiness.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post (Source)
    No news, please re-add news to the newsletter.
    Nice try. But that wont do anything. I have proposed numerous times that newsletters would get more content and real news but so far no one from Fdev has reacted to those.
    This "newsletter" is aimed only for new and absent players. For active players, theres really nothing "new".

  8. #8
    What about some real news upcoming Q2?

    Nothing so far....

  9. #9
    Thanks Jenner

    Always a pleasure to receive the newsletter


  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    Nice try. But that wont do anything. I have proposed numerous times that newsletters would get more content and real news but so far no one from Fdev has reacted to those.
    This "newsletter" is aimed only for new and absent players. For active players, theres really nothing "new".
    I know it's unlikely, but I have to try, maybe I'll open other peoples eyes in the process.
    I don't think it's really aimed at new or absent players. It's sole purpose seems to shill their micro-transactions.

  11. #11
    There are a number of people complaining about the newsletter and its volume of content and also complaining about people thanking those who go to the trouble of providing access, the thing is if you discourage those who praise the effort away there will only be negative comments about the newsletter which is not going to be any incentive to keep it running never mind improve it.

    As for it advertising for the store of course it does that is what non internal company newsletters do, FDev aren't a company to provide us with games and content they are a company to make money providing us with games and content.

    For those that complain about the lack of news each week, how much news do you expect each week, it's only a week how much game related stuff has happened that can be talked about do you think there is?

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    There are a number of people complaining about the newsletter and its volume of content and also complaining about people thanking those who go to the trouble of providing access, the thing is if you discourage those who praise the effort away there will only be negative comments about the newsletter which is not going to be any incentive to keep it running never mind improve it.

    As for it advertising for the store of course it does that is what non internal company newsletters do, FDev aren't a company to provide us with games and content they are a company to make money providing us with games and content.

    For those that complain about the lack of news each week, how much news do you expect each week, it's only a week how much game related stuff has happened that can be talked about do you think there is?
    Yes of course.

    However we want the return of the weekly Sneak Peak


  13. #13
    So is this game dead ? newsletters just promoting the store and its many pointless baubles, no news about anything exiting gameplay wise, no new large ships, no planets with atmosphere etc, maybe a new species of dinosuar for Jurrasic park has been created called the Eliteosaurus, a plodding dinosuar that has no desire to do anything exept chew on pieces of food fans have bought from the store and lies down all day asleep for at least 10 hours at a time.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Aldric View Post (Source)
    So is this game dead ? newsletters just promoting the store and its many pointless baubles, no news about anything exiting gameplay wise, no new large ships, no planets with atmosphere etc, maybe a new species of dinosuar for Jurrasic park has been created called the Eliteosaurus, a plodding dinosuar that has no desire to do anything exept chew on pieces of food fans have bought from the store and lies down all day asleep for at least 10 hours at a time.
    Seriously ?

    There is a lot going on in Beyond Series: Focused Feedback and a lot of changes are announced / planned by ED this year.

    A lot more focused feedbacks forum coming in the next few weeks (Fleet carriers, mining & exploration)...also patch 3.1 should arrive pretty soon.

    The flash topic created 2 days ago about Power Play have already over 1000 replies...I don't call that dead.

    2018 won't be a year big new features (atmospherics planets, space legs, etc) but atleast FD are working on fleshing out parts of the game that needed some love and improving some aspects of it.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Lointain View Post (Source)
    Seriously ?

    There is a lot going on in Beyond Series: Focused Feedback and a lot of changes are announced / planned by ED this year.

    A lot more focused feedbacks forum coming in the next few weeks (Fleet carriers, mining & exploration)...also patch 3.1 should arrive pretty soon.

    The flash topic created 2 days ago about Power Play have already over 1000 replies...I don't call that dead.

    2018 won't be a year big new features (atmospherics planets, space legs, etc) but atleast FD are working on fleshing out parts of the game that needed some love and improving some aspects of it.
    Then if all this wonderful stuff is coming out the newsletter would be the place to put this information, if all they want to do is talk about baubles in the store for sale in the so called newsletter then they should call the newsletter the Store sales catalogue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast