Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newsletter 226

It's funny - ever since they asked us to sign up for it again, I stopped receiving it .

Wonder if that means I won't get my freebie later in the year also...

Not that I'm bothered about that. I don't even currently own an anaconda.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    There are a number of people complaining about the newsletter and its volume of content and also complaining about people thanking those who go to the trouble of providing access, the thing is if you discourage those who praise the effort away there will only be negative comments about the newsletter which is not going to be any incentive to keep it running never mind improve it.

As for it advertising for the store of course it does that is what non internal company newsletters do, FDev aren't a company to provide us with games and content they are a company to make money providing us with games and content.

For those that complain about the lack of news each week, how much news do you expect each week, it's only a week how much game related stuff has happened that can be talked about do you think there is?
    I see some errors in your post, let's fix them.

"There are a number of people complaining about the newsletter salesletter and its volume quality of content" The volume hasn't changed, the quality has. It went from newsletter with news, to salesletter with 'buy our warez'.

"complaining about people thanking sucking up to those who go to the trouble of providing access" There's nothing wrong with being appreciative, but seeing the EXACT SAME POST week after week gets old.

"if you discourage those who praise criticize the effort away there will only be negative positive comments about the newsletter which is not going to be any incentive to keep it running never mind improve it." If everyone tells you you're perfect, you can not make improvements.

"As for it advertising for the store of course it does that is what non internal company newsletters salesletters do" Salesletters advertise things to buy, newsletters keep you informed on what's happening. I subscribe to several salesletters, I get good deals that way, but the newsletter was not supposed to be for sales.

As for how much news should be in a newsletter each week, go read the first 20 or so newsletters, overall those had a good representation of what should be in a newsletter.

Originally Posted by Aldric View Post (Source)
    So is this game dead ? newsletters just promoting the store and its many pointless baubles, no news about anything exiting gameplay wise, no new large ships, no planets with atmosphere etc, maybe a new species of dinosuar for Jurrasic park has been created called the Eliteosaurus, a plodding dinosuar that has no desire to do anything exept chew on pieces of food fans have bought from the store and lies down all day asleep for at least 10 hours at a time.
    The game isn't dead, the newsletter is though.

Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post (Source)
    The game isn't dead, the newsletter is though.
    Glad to see you come back with better feelings

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Glad to see you come back with better feelings

This is not about "better feelings" this is about lack of news in a newsletter, i feel happy when the sun shines, i feel happy when i drive my sports car, i would feel happy if i saw some proper news about what is coming out to greatly enhance the gameplay but what we get week after week is a sales catalogue.

Originally Posted by Aldric View Post (Source)
    This is not about "better feelings" this is about lack of news in a newsletter, i feel happy when the sun shines, i feel happy when i drive my sports car, i would feel happy if i saw some proper news about what is coming out to greatly enhance the gameplay but what we get week after week is a sales catalogue.
    I understand, but I joked of course

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    I understand, but I joked of course
    I know. i think we all want to see some news.

Jenner ! Newsletter #227 is released !

Interesting seeing someone standing in the doorway and then two people with those darned old space legs walking around.

Me, I'm still bolted to the chair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12