Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Species Profile: Tyrannosaurus Rex

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

Species Profile: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Bow to the king. Coming to Jurassic World Evolution this summer, the fearsome Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Just beautiful! ♥

so the game don't respect all the movies, too bad ...

Looks absolutely awesome, great job on the model and the video.

No!!! You guys forgot to bow to the king.... (Brett's request)

That was so unexpected today.

OMGOSH! There it is...the iconic roar! I missed that roar so much from the 1st movie! The fighting animation look so smooth and better now too! Great job devs! The QUEEN is back!

All Hail ...

All Hail .. to the Tyrant Queen (remember all JP/JW dinosaurs are female).

Cannot wait to get this beast in my park!

Originally Posted by Dinoken View Post (Source)
    All Hail .. to the Tyrant Queen (remember all JP/JW dinosaurs are female).
    Tyrannosaurus Regina (queen) doesn't sound as good as Tyrannosaurus Rex (king)

Tyrannosaurus Regina (queen) doesn't sound as good as Tyrannosaurus Rex (king)
    That's not exactly what I meant - by calling her a Tyrant queen. After all - She is still a Tyrannosaurus Rex (Tyrant lizard King). It is just that she is a female T. rex. Also it is also believed by some paleontologists that the females may have been the largest forms in Tyrannosaurs.

Originally Posted by Dinoken View Post (Source)
    That's not exactly what I meant - by calling her a Tyrant queen. After all - She is still a Tyrannosaurus Rex (Tyrant lizard King). It is just that she is a female T. rex. Also it is also believed by some paleontologists that the females may have been the largest forms in Tyrannosaurs.
    I know what you meant, sorry if it came over in a bad way.
    Males and females do have the same size though, because it's impossible to make out which fossils are female and which are male.
    David Hone a paleontologist who specializes in T-Rex said this in a lecture in The Royal Institution.
    It's a 54 minute watch but it's well worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jD7kQvyPs

female Rex

[QUOTE]Males and females do have the same size though, because it's impossible to make out which fossils are female and which are male. [/QUOTES]

I understand that there is some debate among some paleontologists - if the robust and gracile morphs of certain dinosaurs (like T. rex) is actually age related or individual variations. Still idea of sexual dimorphism does makes sense - especially when you look at avian dinosaurs and crocodilians. While many modern birds and crocodilians the males are the larger/more robust species. In many predatory birds, and flightless birds seem to have a sexual dimorphism where the females are more stocky and robust. And the theory was at least during the 1990's and 2000's that the female T.rex was generally thought to be the more robust morph. This did not mean that the females were longer than the males - just a bit stockier in build and a bit heavier in mass.

Still at least one specimen of T. rex has been pretty much confirmed as a female. MOR 1125 (known as B-rex) has been pretty much confirmed as a reproductively adult female. This is based on the medullary bone tissue found in her femur. Which is very similar to the same type of bone tissue which is also found in modern female ratites ready to lay eggs. These finding were reported In 2016, Mary Higby Schweitzer and Lindsay Zanno.

https://news.ncsu.edu/2016/03/schweitzer-preggo-trex/

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic....regnant-t-rex/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast