Page 1 of 18 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Not just Powerplay actions should be restricted to Open!

Not just Powerplay actions should be restricted to Open!

I definitely agree that Powerplay actions should be restricted to Open only, but I think these restrictions should be taken further. For starters, UA bombing should only be allowed in Open, in that if at any point while carrying UAs the player enters Solo/PG, the UA can no longer affect stations, and the same for Meta-Alloys. BGS should still be able to be influenced by Solo/PG, but possibly in a reduced state (25-50% of normal influence changes). Just my opinion.

That didn't take long!

Yeah...Lets just kill the entire game for the majority of players and be done with it!

Good luck with next year when more than 50% have left the game in disgust.

I am not a fan of UA bombing... But this move to change PowerPlay is only going to open the flood gates for the "Open Only" rabble who won't rest until the entire game is Open Only.

It will be a dead game/community "when" that happens, but the handful of loud mouths pushing for this idiocy will have finally gotten their way.

Thargoid events, too, how else could there be a conflict between pro-thargs and anti-thargs?

In fact you could find a reason for every single gameplay element to be restricted to open only. You only need to look.

<Sarcasm> Yup Solo should only be set, so you can only fly ships in it.</Sarcasm>

oh boy... this should go well.

Originally Posted by Andro View Post (Source)
    I definitely agree that Powerplay actions should be restricted to Open only, but I think these restrictions should be taken further. For starters, UA bombing should only be allowed in Open, in that if at any point while carrying UAs the player enters Solo/PG, the UA can no longer affect stations, and the same for Meta-Alloys. BGS should still be able to be influenced by Solo/PG, but possibly in a reduced state (25-50% of normal influence changes). Just my opinion.
    I personally don't have an issue with this.

As long as the game then has an offline mode / private server, open to the modding community thereafter.

You get restricted to open, and you get restricted to open, and you get restricted to open!

Everyone gets restricted to open!

Agree, open should be the only mode to affect any BGS or other metric, if its fair for pp it's fair for all aspects of the sim, markets missions etc. Make open only & subscriptions to enable better pvp interactions.

Sandro has pretty much covered this already

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

For clarity: Open only is being considered for Powerplay. Not anything else. Also, Open only would still be limited to platform, so no instanced crossplay.

Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    Agree, open should be the only mode to affect any BGS or other metric, if its fair for pp it's fair for all aspects of the sim, markets missions etc. Make open only & subscriptions to enable better pvp interactions.
    Basically disenfranchising an entire segment of the community based on their lack of access to the top tier broadband speeds required to make Open Mode playable and viable. (under FDEV's current lackluster/broken P2P system) Either through geographic location or financial restrictions or both.

Why anyone would think this is a good idea is beyond me. It doesn't get more blatantly discriminatory than that!

This is the kind of stuff Class Action Lawsuits are founded on.

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Sandro has pretty much covered this already
    No I'm not gonna trust them to keep that promise after just breaking the 'all modes are equal' pledge? No, logically every action should be just open only.

Off line mode. Job done.

Better - Let's split Elite into two separate games - one that entirely Open Only that the Open Only players can play, and one without Open that everyone else can play.
    Elite: Open Only will only connect to Elite: Open Only, and Elite: Everyone Else will only connect to Everyone Else. Each can have its own BGS and neither is more "Official" than the other. Accounts do not transfer between the two, so once you pick one, that's where you stay.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Better - Let's split Elite into two separate games - one that entirely Open Only that the Open Only players can play, and one without Open that everyone else can play.
    Elite: Open Only will only connect to Elite: Open Only, and Elite: Everyone Else will only connect to Everyone Else. Each can have its own BGS and neither is more "Official" than the other. Accounts do not transfer between the two, so once you pick one, that's where you stay.
    hear hear

Page 1 of 18 1236 ... LastLast