Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: WHY!!!!?

  1. #1

    WHY!!!!?

    Elite Dangerous should have been released as Elite Not Finished! So if you have Dangerous you now need to shell out more money so you can land on a planet. I remember the original Elite and Elite Frontier, what I don't remember is having to shell out more money just so I could land on a bloody planet, it was all included. But apparently landing on planets is now an 'expansion'!!! More money please, ch-ching!!!

  2. #2
    First post? You're a bit behind the curve on this one... regardless of what you remember about the original Elite, you couldn't land on planets. Ever. At all.

  3. #3
    ED is indeed unfinished. There will (hopefully) be lots more expansions and they will cost more money. It's a consumer's duty to check what they're getting before they pay for it.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by scottpaulnewman View Post (Source)
    Elite Dangerous should have been released as Elite Not Finished! So if you have Dangerous you now need to shell out more money so you can land on a planet. I remember the original Elite and Elite Frontier, what I don't remember is having to shell out more money just so I could land on a bloody planet, it was all included. But apparently landing on planets is now an 'expansion'!!! More money please, ch-ching!!!
    If it's that much of an issue get in a sale and it's really cheap and definitely worth it even at full price.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    If it's that much of an issue get in a sale and it's really cheap and definitely worth it even at full price.
    I will get it, got too, it's a great game. It just bugs me that having got really into Frontier: Elite 2 on the Amiga, which was all complete, we now have to pay extra to access features that were standard.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Rustnsawdust View Post (Source)
    First post? You're a bit behind the curve on this one... regardless of what you remember about the original Elite, you couldn't land on planets. Ever. At all.
    Yeah, overstepped the mark there a bit. Planets were probably a bit beyond the good old Spectrum! I should have just stated Frontier: Elite 2, which is where I first started my Elite gaming.

  7. #7
    Could be worse. Take a look at EA. Not only do I have to pay extra for planetary landings in FIFA, they still haven't said anything at all about an ETA.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by scottpaulnewman View Post (Source)
    Elite Dangerous should have been released as Elite Not Finished! So if you have Dangerous you now need to shell out more money so you can land on a planet. I remember the original Elite and Elite Frontier, what I don't remember is having to shell out more money just so I could land on a bloody planet, it was all included. But apparently landing on planets is now an 'expansion'!!! More money please, ch-ching!!!
    Welcome to the real world.

  9. #9
    1700 hours in game, worth every penny

  10. #10
    Hooray for everything. \o/

    Flimley

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by scottpaulnewman View Post (Source)
    Yeah, overstepped the mark there a bit. Planets were probably a bit beyond the good old Spectrum! I should have just stated Frontier: Elite 2, which is where I first started my Elite gaming.
    First release was BBC Model B used every bit (pun intended) of available 22K programme memory.

  12. #12
    Then ..


    Now ..


    Personally more than happy to bung them the cost of a night down the pub once a year for FD to keep improving this.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Then ..


    Now ..


    Personally more than happy to bung them the cost of a night down the pub once a year for FD to keep improving this.
    Absolutely! When i think of how much money I would have spent at the pub with my friends if I was there for the same number of hours...

  14. #14
    Some of us bought the Commanders edition, and got both at once...