Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick and tired that Solo players get treated like second class citizen

Sick and tired that Solo players get treated like second class citizen

First we lose offline mode, the we get ignored and now features like Power play are being denied to us. Solo players make up 1/3 of the player base if not more if you count consoles. It's obvious that Fdev no longer considers us even though we put in the same amount of money if not more in to the game. Fdev needs to either compensate us in some other way or allow us to ask for full refunds since they sold us a crippled game.

Remember "all modes are equal" Fdev you are facing serious legal repercussions if you don't acknowledge this issue.

Well, it hasn't happened yet. Even if it does, I'm not sure if there's any legal concerns. It'd set a pretty crazy precedent if it were ruled FDev can't change their game.

Originally Posted by yminale View Post (Source)
    First we lose offline mode, the we get ignored and now features like Power play are being denied to us. Solo players make up 1/3 of the player base if not more if you count consoles. It's obvious that Fdev no longer considers us even though we put in the same amount of money if not more in to the game. Fdev needs to either compensate us in some other way or allow us to ask for full refunds since they sold us a crippled game.

Remember "all modes are equal" Fdev you are facing serious legal repercussions if you don't acknowledge this issue.
    just play in open. its literally the same thing

In other words, "if a solo ED player falls out of his gaming chair, does FDEV hear it?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Basically I agree with the three modes thing. However, PP should have never been available to solo/PG players. Right out of the box the whole concept of PP got tossed out the window the first time a solo/PG player signed up for a power.

Note that I've never signed up for a power and PP never has interested me at all, but, PP should only be available to players that can be opposed by ANY player in any opposing power.. or it's just a joke.

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    Well, it hasn't happened yet. Even if it does, I'm not sure if there's any legal concerns. It'd set a pretty crazy precedent if it were ruled FDev can't change their game.
    1. if Fdev annnounced it they probably will do it.
    2. Fdev can't break the law. They can't promise equality and then renege. That's called fraud.

Their decision affects 2/3 of their player base. Even if 10% of us act that's enough to organize a class action and UK law is more strict about commercial speech than the US. Fdev needs to acknowledge this issue either by giving us a Solo/Private only features to compensate or allow us to refund.

First we lose offline mode,
    Doesn't matter.

the we get ignored and now features like Power play are being denied to us.
    Nothing has been decided yet, it's being mooted.

Solo players make up 1/3 of the player base if not more if you count consoles.
    Source please

It's obvious that Fdev no longer considers us
    Not to me it isn't

even though we put in the same amount of money if not more in to the game.
    Source please

Fdev needs to either compensate us in some other way or allow us to ask for full refunds since they sold us a crippled game.
    Won't happen

Remember "all modes are equal"
    Some modes are more equal than others

Fdev you are facing serious legal repercussions if you don't acknowledge this issue.
    From who?

Originally Posted by Brian of Earth View Post (Source)
    Note that I've never signed up for a power and PP never has interested me at all, but, PP should only be available to players that can be opposed by ANY player in any opposing power.. or it's just a joke.
    Then let it be a joke. The point is all three modes are equal. If they break this principle 2/3 of the players are getting a product with less feature. What's next CG's. Guardian modules, QoL improvements.

Originally Posted by zarrazee View Post (Source)
    Some modes are more equal than others
    That's exactly the point. Fdev is committing fraud and we deserve compensation.

What if they aren't, though. I think that's what they've just acknowledged. If you were being ignored, Sandy would have made the change already. If you have legal concerns? retain a lawyer; it'd be more sensible and constructive than a massive spray about being silenced (aren't) and losing something (you haven't); when neither have happened. Or will.

And how can the developer take that ultimatum in any other light? Lastly, invoking the legal aspect, ironically, almost certainly ensures they cannot now talk to you about it. For legal reasons. Well done.

So; to rewind, maybe try constructive dialog. I know screaming at the developer is popular, invoking the 'refund' angle; but what if they are just normal people, and you just talk normally to them? Maybe they will talk normally, back. As apposed to making an ultimatum, with a veiled legal threat that they will quite probably have to take seriously (because of course they do).

That's exactly the point. Fdev is committing [an action] and we deserve compensation.
    This is a very very serious claim. Are you sure this is constructive?

Lol take notes FD! Your Thargoid storyline should match the same level of drama thatís in your forums.

Originally Posted by GroundxZERO View Post (Source)
    Lol take notes FD! Your Thargoid storyline should match the same level of drama that’s in your forums.
    Hahahah hilarious. Thargoids have officially been cemented by Sandros errant post to 'postcard' status.

Yeah if thargoids started hyperdicting solo players into open pvp instances they would be eradicated in a day and a half tops.

The changes that would cause Frontier to lose people like you are the same changes that would bring in ten more to take your place.

Yeah, when you take a game that has been since conception designed for singleplayer experience and start cramming it with multiplayer features that aren't supported by game mechanics on deeper level, you are going to start running into problems. It could be worse, but development isn't finished, yet.

Like Bob Dylan said - "It's not dark yet, but it's getting there".

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Yeah, when you take a game that has been since conception designed for singleplayer experience..
    It's been five years. Offline mode isn't coming. Drowning everything in histrionics doesn't change that. Frontier has two choices; let the game atrophy, or grow. Neither of them are easy. Neither of them will be smooth. But only one of them ensures there's anything at all, in another 5 years time.

I understand the concern. I also think the game has to grow and embrace mechanics properly, and not maintain a broken status quo because that's more convenient.

Edit: Nvm. This isn't worth the time to argue.

"even though we put in the same amount of money if not more in to the game."
    "Source please"

What a stupid rebuttal. It seems fairly obviously to be an easily-verifiable statement, unless of course you would insinuate he pirated the game or some such nonsense. Now you're just being a jerk.

How many times have I bought the game? Well, let's see... once on Xbox One Early Access, once on Steam for myself, full-price, with a full-price Horizons, then once again full-price for my wife, and a sale-price version of Horizons.

And I'll uninstall and wash my hands of the whole mess the day I get forced to play in Open.

I love Elite: Dangerous, but I don't love it enough to overlook the devs bending to popular demand and letting whiny manbaby bullies get their way, and force other players to serve as "content" for otherwise-bored combat-logging griefers. This game's multiplayer is barebones and fundamentally crippled due to the combat logging issue. Forcing people to play it that way is galling - even that it's being discussed given the state of it is infuriating.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast