Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 41444546

Thread: Sick and tired that Solo players get treated like second class citizen

Originally Posted by Captain Willard View Post (Source)
    To funny. PP in open only means nothing. Block the knuckle draggers that are known. Go into open block any others and your back in solo. Whats all the hubbub bub? FD gave you the means, use them, not that hard to figure out.
    So basically just go to a system that you want to undermine, then block every combat ship that's pledged to the defending power.
    Get your shieldless T9 out and go to a system that you want to fortify. Block every enemy-pledged player that has the potential to stop you.

10/10 gameplay!

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Do I need to be twelve to understand that ?.
    No, but google helps, In English the closet would be Chav.

It is in fact person from the south eastern US, epecially Georgia or Arkansas. in the context it was used its derogatory, refering to a unsophisticated person.

I had to look it up as it was new one for me.

I really don't think solo only players take up 1/3 of the player base you're only assuming this without stats and figures.
    Most people I know are in PG or open.
    The fact PP is supposed to encourage PvP means that you lose out.
    You chose solitude don't complain about it.
    FDeV should not nerf features for you guys that would improve the gane for everyone else.
    Sorry mate you're going to have to suck it up.

Originally Posted by Captain Willard View Post (Source)
    To funny. PP in open only means nothing. Block the knuckle draggers that are known. Go into open block any others and your back in solo. Whats all the hubbub bub? FD gave you the means, use them, not that hard to figure out.
    Blocking doesn't really work so you'll get a fairly nasty surprise.

Originally Posted by NoFans View Post (Source)
    Blocking doesn't really work so you'll get a fairly nasty surprise.
    It works pretty well for me. I’ve learned a few fun tricks with it, too (not that I’ll be telling any of you what they are, of course).

Originally Posted by NoFans View Post (Source)
    I really don't think solo only players take up 1/3 of the player base you're only assuming this without stats and figures.
    Most people I know are in PG or open.
    The fact PP is supposed to encourage PvP means that you lose out.
    You chose solitude don't complain about it.
    FDeV should not nerf features for you guys that would improve the gane for everyone else.
    Sorry mate you're going to have to suck it up.
    According to a poll, solo/PG players make up about 51% of the playerbase. Also, according to another poll on Reddit which had over 12,000 participants, only 12% of players participate in PvP.

I don’t think 12% qualifies as “everyone else” exactly.

Originally Posted by Marshall... View Post (Source)
    How about for the last 4 years, Open players have been treated like second class citizens?

There has been no "bonus" for running the risk of flying in Open vs playing it safe in Solo/PG. Hell the EGU folks have run rampant in PG with their Grom power and without being able to face them directly using piloting skill (blockades etc), its a numbers game, which they win.
    Dude, I’ve got bad news for you ... Elite is a numbers game. It’s always been a numbers game! Trading (profit/loss), Exploration (collect data), missions (deliver X, kill X, find X), Engineers (collect X, Y and Z, “roll” upgrades) ... I could go on ... the fact that you can shoot other ships (NPCs or players) is almost a “happy accident” ...

Originally Posted by tolm View Post (Source)
    Dude, I’ve got bad news for you ... Elite is a numbers game. It’s always been a numbers game! Trading (profit/loss), Exploration (collect data), missions (deliver X, kill X, find X), Engineers (collect X, Y and Z, “roll” upgrades) ... I could go on ... the fact that you can shoot other ships (NPCs or players) is almost a “happy accident” ...
    This is where ED falls down- its the gap between moving those numbers that needs filling. Solo and PG simply entrench the numbers game within Powerplay, while action, teamwork and excitement enrich it.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    This is where ED falls down- its the gap between moving those numbers that needs filling. Solo and PG simply entrench the numbers game within Powerplay, while action, teamwork and excitement enrich it.
    In your opinion ... whilst others prefer / are happy with the “Risk style” strategy / numbers game.

I can see both side ... I think there need to be PP PvP CZs in Open to satisfy the player-on-player action.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 41444546