Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: If Open is to get something exclusive then PG and Solo also need something

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    I'm not because I don't want solo/pg only content for the same reason I don't want open only content

I want player choice and persistency.
    Cannot rep while on my phone, so remind me Saturday I owe you rep

Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    And here we have the pandora's box... Sandro thinks about giving you and others an inch and you want the whole game...
    Given the pitiful maturity level displayed, you expected better?

I'm putting forward a proposal for the following:

Open Power Play Mode : PvP + Power Play
    Open Community Mode : PvE + Community Goals

After all, if Power Play is "designed to generate meaningful PvP" then Community Goals are "designed to generate collaborative PvE" - so if Power Play needs to be protected from offline players then Community Goals needs to be protected from PvP players.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-fair-proposal

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Woo hoo!

On the other hand they don't have the benefit of making things easier by winging up with other players. Touche?

Open is easy against NPCs in wings. You can absoloutely dominate a CZ with a wing in Open. Not possible in solo.

Also no reward of meeting people. Remember the mantra, open is great because of all the cool things that can only happen with other people! Open is its own reward!
    I can count the times I've winged with my buddies on one hand and still fingers left over since 3.0. I know you think that's an effective counter-point but it's really not.

Originally Posted by tolm View Post (Source)

After all, if Power Play is "designed to generate meaningful PvP" then Community Goals are "designed to generate collaborative PvE" - so if Power Play needs to be protected from offline players then Community Goals needs to be protected from PvP players.

Not bad.

I so wish I had a rep button.
    I love this idea

It's easily done as well. Frontier creates an official private community group with official no PvP rules. Because it's official it can be enforced.

I fully support the idea of NPC wingmen for Solo, not so sure on PG's (multiplayer) as they have the option to Wing up already.

Originally Posted by Sylveria View Post (Source)
    I fully support the idea of NPC wingmen for Solo, not so sure on PG's (multiplayer) as they have the option to Wing up already.
    Would LOVE npc wingmen for Solo. That would be so cool...

Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    Nothing, those from other groups need to have the good grace to see ED is changing and to accept a open only game.
    To quote from elite own advertising: " play YOUR way. 400 billion star systems, infinite freedom, blaze YOUR own trail "

NO. we should not have to accept an open only game........i have no intentions of * enhancing * the gameplay of pvp`ers, gankers, murderhobo`s, pirates or anyone else at the expense of my own gameplay.

Can't give you rep again at the moment, so +1000 units of Cubio Razorback Bacon

Hi-Rez Screenshots.

Next Question.

Let's just see what they do. If PowerPlay is the only thing Solo loses I can live with that. Myself, I've played Open 99.99% of the time anyway so no real loss for me personally, but but that's going to be a blow to players who can't reliably play Open. Once we get fleet carriers along with squadrons then maybe it can be acceptable. But the BGS (to distinguish that from PowerPlay) should always be affected from Solo, and that includes CGs.

I absolutely agree with the OP's premise.

Until PvP is integrated into solo, the modes will never truly be equal.

Originally Posted by CMDR M. Lehman View Post (Source)
    I absolutely agree with the OP's premise.

Until PvP is integrated into solo, the modes will never truly be equal.
    Great idea, you can fly around looking for a fight and never finding one. Won't have to worry about those nasty combat loggers then.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast