Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on Open-Only PP ... by your time pledged?

Your opinion on Open-Only PP ... by your time pledged?

Via the perfectly accurate (?) medium of a forum thread, I would like to ask Dangerous Discussion users (who may have huge, little or no time in PP) two questions:

1. Are you in favour of Frontier's Open-only Powerplay proposal?

2. What proportion of your in-game time do you estimate that you have been pledged?

The latter out of:

A. 76% - 100%

B. 50% - 75%

C. 25% - 49%

D. 0% - 24%

You might also want to describe your pledging or comment generally, ofc.

I'll get the ball rolling by answering my own questions:

1. Yes.

2. 'A'

Additional comments:

I first pledged towards the end of June 2015. I have every Powerplay module and have module-surfed at least 13 times (yes, there are only 11 modules, ikr...)

However my true allegiance to the Federation never changes. I am now and throughout almost all of the remaining time over almost three years have been pledged to Zachary Hudson.

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)

2. What proportion of your in-game time do you estimate that you have been pledged?

1) No
    2) D

additional comment:
    I'm against FDevs open-only PP proposal because it doesn't only affect PP. If FDev made the PP modules accessible outside PP, then I would say yes.
    (I don't think that making PP open-only will result in PP suddenly being fun and engaging for a lot of players that aren't interested in PP now. FDev is missing the opportunity to turn PP into a PvP gameplay mechanic that players want to engage.)

1. No

I'm not sure what FDev hope to achieve - because of multiple platforms, timezones and generally unreliable instancing I expect very little change in how many PP players actually see others in game. I also expect a number of unexpected and undesireble side effects, as with the new C&P.

2. A

I have been pledged for a long time but am not a very serious power player - it's more of a RP thing for me.

Yes.

D propably, don't know for sure, I'm just a module pp shopper.

1. No
    2. D

I'm against it in principle - I believe it's the thin end of the wedge to move Elite away from an indirect, Strategy-based multiplayer experience towards an online-only, combative PvP game.

Yes.

D.

I hope they move the modules to the tech brokers or something. A compromise would be best. PP always interested me mostly for RP reasons, but I sadly might not get to take part again anytime soon. I have too much solo work to do for now and that would remove me from PP. Which is fine overall.

1...Yes

2...zero time invested in them...

And zero interest in what mode its in...thats why I see all this salt, shake me head and just ignore most the forums lately. I was never bothered about PP before...not a great deal has changed in that respect. I do think solo players are getting a raw deal and thats unfortunate...perhaps frontier could add something unique to solo to balance the scales a bit?

Anyway...frontier will do what frontier wants...Im not gonna spend too much time arguing with a brick wall that doesnt answer back...actual feedback is something I think of as pointless so whats the point?

1: Yes

2: A

Took a 3 month break after being hard core PP though to recover from (ironically) BGS burnout flipping systems.

1. Yes.
    2. D

However, if it actually happens I will pledge, and probably remain loyal. Finally an actual reason to engage others within this game.

1. Yes
    2. C. However, this was due to the issues the PG/Solo migration in PP caused with regards to the mechanics, and would be 100% pledged if that wasnt the case

1/ No.
    2/ C maybe B.

All in solo mode too. *lights pipe and smokes it*

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    Via the perfectly accurate (?) medium of a forum thread, I would like to ask Dangerous Discussion users (who may have huge, little or no time in PP) two questions:

1. Yes

2: C

I joined PP on day one and was heavily involved for the first 30 weeks or so and was rank 5 for almost all of that time. I was involved in the planning from early on and effectively took the lead in the strategy for a huge number of Hudson Cmdrs working with the Winters leadership. I left PP for a number of reasons, some related to PP and some not. Solo/PG was certainly in the mix, along with no end game.

One of the biggest issues we had was not being able to play the game properly because of people playing on solo and PG. It was a frustration to me and to a huge number of players. My experience is that it is one of the things that pushed a lot of players away from PP.

1 Yes

2 D

Rep decay is - after engineers - one of the terriblest mechanics in the game. Couldn't stand this grind. Only pledged for BGS purposes after trying to do this like intended. Always quit after three weeks or just dint bother with it anymore.

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast