Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: Dear solo players...

  1. #181
    Originally Posted by Eidolon-One View Post (Source)
    I plan on using a nappy

    Plus if that Wall of Sound Reasoning gets any bigger you may well crash the forum!
    I have it on good authority that it could double in size and still be okay.

    Trying to organise it however, would take a team of folks I think, lol.

  2. #182
    Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    Not sure where you got 99%, but you are way out.

    Also, the forums only have 96,612 registered users - out of over 3 million copies sold.

    So even if you didn't make stuff up to suit your argument, 99% of nothing, is still nothing.
    And these forums count for nothing. Otherwise a lot of toher changes would have happened a long time ago, like Open PvE Mode.
    So suddenly it counts for nothing when its against your views, classic.

    If forums count for nothing than whats the point opening threads for focused feedback?

    What about reddit? Also doesnt count? Who counts, you Mouse and Robert?

    How does it feel being slapped in the face with the fact that outside of this modes section you are a miniscule minority? Should we go post by post in the focused feedback thread and see the number of pros and cons posts? Mind you this is coming from this forum which is heavily PVE tilted.

    Reddit has even more convincing result.

    Its all one sided against the 5 regulars that shut down any idea in this section with prescriped answers.

  3. #183
    Originally Posted by OOF Waffe PR View Post (Source)
    So suddenly it counts for nothing when its against your views, classic.

    If forums count for nothing than whats the point opening threads for focused feedback?

    What about reddit? Also doesnt count? Who counts, you Mouse and Robert?

    How does it feel being slapped in the face with the fact that outside of this modes section you are a miniscule minority? Should we go post by post in the focused feedback thread and see the number of pros and cons posts? Mind you this is coming from this forum which is heavily PVE tilted.

    Reddit has even more convincing result.

    Its all one sided against the 5 regulars that shut down any idea in this section with prescriped answers.
    Reddit is inconclusive simply because anyone can create a Reddit account, whether they've purchased ED or not.

    I've covered this with T90K already, too. (smart) Businesses don't make decisions based on "prospective" customers, they make them on ACTUAL customers who've invested money in their products.

  4. #184
    Originally Posted by OOF Waffe PR View Post (Source)
    So suddenly it counts for nothing when its against your views, classic.

    If forums count for nothing than whats the point opening threads for focused feedback?

    What about reddit? Also doesnt count? Who counts, you Mouse and Robert?

    How does it feel being slapped in the face with the fact that outside of this modes section you are a miniscule minority? Should we go post by post in the focused feedback thread and see the number of pros and cons posts? Mind you this is coming from this forum which is heavily PVE tilted.

    Reddit has even more convincing result.

    Its all one sided against the 5 regulars that shut down any idea in this section with prescriped answers.
    Against my views?

    Oh no, no, no. The forums count for nothing - despite my views.

    You think "The Wall of Information" was made overnight?
    I've spent 4 years putting that together, it's achieved nothing from the point of view of the game.
    I doubt any of the Devs have even looked at it.

    Frontier have information we don't have, information that will decide the direction and future of the game.
    Use forum users (and social media users) make up a very small portion of the player base. As I said, 97k out of over 3 million (Reddit is slightly higher).

    If everyone who used Reddit quit Elite, Frontier would hardly notice. Same goes for the forums.
    None of us are special, not me, not Robert, not Mouse and definitely not you.

    Frontier (Sandro) asked us a question about the future of the game out of respect for us as a community.
    Our actual view on Reddit and on the forums is split and counts for very little. Frontier has metrics that will decide the outcome.

  5. #185
    Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    ... the whole game has always been handicapped to keep everything equal between solo and open, don't you think it is fair that just one feature which is pvp focus can exist only in open and finally enhance the gameplay?


    The game really needs some core change to stop being so shallow and this could prove to be a major improvement to ED depth.


    Also, you can still join open and participate in PowerPlay if you want, so you are not blocked of nothing.


    PS: Its almost 2020, stop using slow internet as a reason.
    you already have that feature - to interdict human pilots, now get back to your shallow game feature and let others play the game in depth.

  6. #186
    Originally Posted by GargoyleBG View Post (Source)
    you already have that feature - to interdict human pilots, now get back to your shallow game feature and let others play the game in depth.
    looks at reckless and knee-jerk reaction to a 3 month old post
    looks at recent posting history
    clicks "ignore user"
    thinks maybe "modes" have something to them after all ...

  7. #187
    Well about unfair advantages. Remove engineers and their overpowered stuff. Even worst pilots with all g5 engineered gimmicks could bash best ace with only stock items. Even a-rated ones. Oh yeah, but that makes murderfests harder. And somehow could make more people playing in open.

  8. #188
    Why remove, CQC is soo equal and soo empty, shallow features do not need to be fair!

  9. #189
    ****Read this very carefully and take a screenshot just in case**** ---> if Frontier disables the Solo-mode the game will die within a few months.

    Got it?


    _________

    I do not want to talk to other people. I do not want to chat in a game. I do not want to be part fo any ingame group.
    I do not want to participate in mini-faction politics.
    I do not want to learn how to fight trolls and gankers.

    This was all never part of Elite. And it will never be.

    Protipp: there will be a pure Solo-Elite game coming out. You should also screenshot this and keep it safe for later.

  10. #190
    Open can have the card game system takeovers. Just give group and solo access to PP weapons via tech brokers.

    Thats all I did PP for. It sucks anyway. If we want to talk to depth in the game. PP is the King Supreme of a cool idea that was terribly implemented. I have more fun running a T9 full of rubber dog **** out of New Hong Kong then I ever did doing PP

  11. #191
    Originally Posted by Gun Star View Post (Source)
    Open can have the card game system takeovers. Just give group and solo access to PP weapons via tech brokers.

    That all I did PP for. It sucks anyway. If we want to talk to depth in the game. PP is the kind Supreme of a cool idea that was terribly implemented. I have more fun running a T9 full of rubber dog **** out of New Hong Kong then I ever did doing PP
    Well said. I love my big ships. I have plenty of them. I actually own pretty much all ships of the game by now fully engineered, I have enough money still to be ganked in PP 100 times in my Corvette.
    Yet the most fun I have is with my Cutter running 728 Personal Weapons for my 50,000,000 $ job. No PvP thrill could beat that.

    I rarely play PvP. I hate it. I will always hate it.

  12. #192
    Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    ... the whole game has always been handicapped to keep everything equal between solo and open, don't you think it is fair that just one feature which is pvp focus can exist only in open and finally enhance the gameplay?


    The game really needs some core change to stop being so shallow and this could prove to be a major improvement to ED depth.


    Also, you can still join open and participate in PowerPlay if you want, so you are not blocked of nothing.


    PS: Its almost 2020, stop using slow internet as a reason.
    Sadly, this is still a very valid reason. I spend a bit of time between several countries, and call three cities home. In all of them I have at least 50mbps fibre, however, in each of them, I regularly work for (I work in home automation, and internet speeds are a big deal), or meet people that have less than 1mbps - and not by choice. Sydney, Aus, Manila and Baguio in the Philippines are the cities. Heck, I even know people around the Bay Area with <5mpbs internet - we're talking SIlicon Valley!!!. These are large cities, mind, I'm not even talking about leaving the city limits. Because folks in rural areas play games, too...

    The only two countries, in my experience, where slow interwebs is not a factor, would be Japan and Korea, and even there, I've only been to the larger cities, so I have no idea what the rural landscape is like in terms of internet speeds.

    Z...

  13. #193
    Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Sadly, this is still a very valid reason. I spend a bit of time between several countries, and call three cities home. In all of them I have at least 50mbps fibre, however, in each of them, I regularly work for (I work in home automation, and internet speeds are a big deal), or meet people that have less than 1mbps - and not by choice. Sydney, Aus, Manila and Baguio in the Philippines are the cities. Heck, I even know people around the Bay Area with <5mpbs internet - we're talking SIlicon Valley!!!. These are large cities, mind, I'm not even talking about leaving the city limits. Because folks in rural areas play games, too...

    The only two countries, in my experience, where slow interwebs is not a factor, would be Japan and Korea, and even there, I've only been to the larger cities, so I have no idea what the rural landscape is like in terms of internet speeds.

    Z...

    Even here in California it is still a valid reason... I should know since my internet is slower than dirt. Can't heal a dungeon group in multiple mmos because of constant disconnects (not a good thing to happen during boss fights), friends have to wait on me in Warframe because of disconnects, hell can't even get onto Star Citizen (may not be my end but *shrug*). Game updates for friends take minutes to an hour for me have taken between 6 to 12 hours... so yea... the myth of it is almost 2020 so slow internet is not an excuse is just bologna.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213