Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show us your interesting discoveries!

Originally Posted by Guywano View Post (Source)
    I nearly died on this tiny tiny moon (active volcanism!) around this ELW, which also was a moon to a Y dwarf itself.
    https://imgur.com/hrWPQBI.jpg
    I almost died of frustration while I searched for volcanism on the moon this week

Found only 1 site, I searched many many hours...
    Imgur Album

@ Guywano: Hey, you're right, I made a mistake there, and the count's broken as well. (Turns out there are 32 Earth-likes which co-orbit a T dwarf and another star.) In that case, congratulations again to xtnsgo on being the first to discover such!

@ Stulli: Oh, you finally found one? Congrats! I've also spent plenty of hours on Speccy's ELM's moon trying to find a site, but came up empty.

This planet looked interesting as I approached:

It's a planetary pair, almost touching !

Not quite. Leave the one planet and immediately you are in orbital cruise of the other :)

I am wondering if that mountain scarring on the bigger planet has anything to do with the close proximity of the smaller one, according to Planetary Forge? Or just coincidence?

Anyone interested, it is here:

I haven't claimed the system yet, but am not likely to be able to for quite some time, so I leave it for posterity :)

The planetary details are:

I bet there's some awesome views from each of those planet surfaces!

26000 ly from the bubble. Might be worth a trip!

Originally Posted by Speccy View Post (Source)
    I bet there's some awesome views from each of those planet surfaces!

26000 ly from the bubble. Might be worth a trip!
    Yes, I shall have to fly between them and see how that looks.

Here's a photo from the smaller planet. The lens is zoomed back so the larger planet looks relatively small, but it's a nice view:

I have just revisited, and the planets are further apart, so there must be an elliptical orbit involved. I will check again in a few hours.

The small one does a full orbit every 4 hours. It doesn't look so close when I fly between them, but closer than most moon pairs, I think.

A couple more nice ones. Still had the bookmarks for these which makes a change.

Neutron and 3 White Dwarfs

Neutron with 3 Water Worlds and twin Earth likes.

Can I just say how d*mn awesome this thread is.

BYOOMIAE QO-R E4-2283 4 is an interesting planet.

It's big (4.6 G), has rings and .... on approaching it when the sun is up, has green outgassing in the craters.

and actually forms a thin atmosphere on the sunny side of the planet

Nothing too special here, I think but I found this interesting neverthless. Here you see a gas giant, orbitted by a smaller ring, then orbitted by two moons (those two glowing orbs there south of the gas giant) then orbitted by more rings on top.

In this, I noticed whatever body that is present here, targetted on my screen didn't had a line showing it's orbit around it's star. Upon closer inspection I found out that there are two planets here that are in orbit around each other very very closely, but then again, they didn't display a line of orbit around the star, being stationary there

These two are from one of the darkest piece of dustball I've set my landing gear upon.

Bonus pic. LOL. Just... just. eh.

I have too much data to show and the link to my travelogue is in my sig..... have a look if you like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123