Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not...

Originally Posted by RooksBailey View Post (Source)
    That's great news. Even more reason why no one should be forced to play open if they don't want to.
    Noone will be forced to play Open. Players will be forced Open if they want to do multiplayer stuff, like Powerplay.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Noone will be forced to play Open. Players will be forced Open if they want to do multiplayer stuff, like Powerplay.
    This made me spill my coffee from laughing bc its such an obvious thing and yet everyone is loosing their mind over it. Gawd dammit

Welcome to the Hotel California...

So are you willing to pay my PS+ subscription costs to Sony if a game I bought for the single player element suddenly becomes multiplayer only?

No?

Me neither, the game just isn't good enough to justify the extra outlay.

Originally Posted by Orion_Ancient View Post (Source)
    Cgs are 1% of the game

It is also easy money, so when a good one comes up a lot of players go there.

Originally Posted by NY09 View Post (Source)
    So are you willing to pay my PS+ subscription costs to Sony if a game I bought for the single player element suddenly becomes multiplayer only?

No?

Me neither, the game just isn't good enough to justify the extra outlay.
    Then dont play it? Or get a job?

This made me spill my coffee from laughing bc its such an obvious thing and yet everyone is loosing their mind over it. Gawd dammit
    The obvious fact is never obvious for many

Originally Posted by Gun Star View Post (Source)
    It is also easy money, so when a good one comes up a lot of players go there.
    Definite "a lot" . Then lets plug that into connection speeds for the crappiest internet providers in existence and i think youll be quite surprised to find that 99% of them would be able to handle it.

But again i revert back to "your internet connection speed is up to you to fix it" and expecting FDev to give a crap about it, is like me breaking a bone, then telling the hospital to mend it for free even though its my fault. Makes perfect sense

Then dont play it? Or get a job?
    well that was pretty low effort. why did you even bother?

Griefing does happen but it's very rare. 800+ hours in open and I've probably died 8 times or so at the hands of other Commanders. Some griefers, some role-playing.

I'm not particularly sociable, I'm not part of any group, nor have I ever winged up or multicrewed, and I did all my pvp'ing in Call of Duty many years ago. However I don't like the idea of avoiding everyone by vanishing into solo, it just seems a bit pointless.

PP being in open will hopefully have the effect of making pvp more meaningful and legitimate at all times. Feel sorry for those with poor net connections, but despite being an original 84 player I don't have any issues with them removing solo from it.

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    The obvious fact is never obvious for many
    The BGS is multiplayer, as well as system tags. Obviously everyone should be forced to play in Open to get the real experience of the game and what it has to offer. Well, hopefully not. I find the game way too pandering, frivolous, and inconsequential to be able to make for compelling and immersive gameplay with others in general. Too many players have gotten too used to inconsequential "deaths" for them to change now – it's just one big respawn arena. This is why for me Solo is the main mode of the game and in my opinion should have access to all the game content.

Losing a ship and caring about Commander agency means little to nothing in the game. At least in Solo I can pretend otherwise and play by my own rules for my own reasons to an extent.

Just out of curiosity you'll be doing Distant Worlds 2 in open only (I know the answer to this but it's fun poking the bear ). As this is a multiplayer event then surely it should be Open play only? And won't selling the exploration data directly affect the BGS, as it will alter certain station faction influences and standings?

Just a thought and I'll leave it there.

Originally Posted by orange_apecs View Post (Source)
    Just out of curiosity you'll be doing Distant Worlds 2 in open only (I know the answer to this but it's fun poking the bear ). As this is a multiplayer event then surely it should be Open play only? And won't selling the exploration data directly affect the BGS, as it will alter certain station faction influences and standings?

Just a thought and I'll leave it there.
    Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of some of the frivolous antics in PGs either, but I will be on DW2 as well, mostly minding my own business, but dropping in on the meetups.

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    The BGS is multiplayer, as well as system tags. Obviously everyone should be forced to play in Open to get the real experience of the game and what it has to offer. Well, hopefully not. I find the game way too pandering, frivolous, and inconsequential to be able to make for compelling and immersive gameplay with others in general. Too many players have gotten too used to inconsequential "deaths" for them to change now – it's just one big respawn arena. This is why for me Solo is the main mode of the game and in my opinion should have access to all the game content.
    I would love to see the survival elements exploited, with maybe just a touch of mission narrative.... go somewhere, pick up a ship for Aegis or someone, try and get it 20,000Ly without apms, heatsinks, shields etc etc and dodge some bad guys on the way. I mean, it wouldn't take much.... the potential to turn this game into an amazing 1 player narrative driven survival game is enormous. The training missions have more narrative feel that the rest of the entire game combined, and shows clearly that the potential to create these sort of things exists. I know I'm wasting my time even talking about it, but it's just so bloody frustrating. It's like FD ran 80 meters in first place at an Olympic 100m sprint, and then just gave up and went home before crossing the finish line.

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of some of the frivolous antics in PGs either, but I will be on DW2 as well, mostly minding my own business, but dropping in on the meetups.
    Things like DW2 should be Private Group. It prevents potential sabotage of an advertised event (like the Salome incident by he who shall not be named).
    Players then can enjoy the trip and have fun, which is what games are for.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast