Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: How Jurassic World Evolution made it's T-Rex

How Jurassic World Evolution made it's T-Rex

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/...trex-ign-first

I haven't watched it yet myself, but figured i'd share it straight away

Thanks for sharing!

I like that they mention ambush behavior of T-Rex and they seem to walk side-by-side on one scene. Those AI level is what I've been expecting.

I'm glad that they apparently ''fixed'' the camera that is fixed on the dinosaurs. I remember from the first preview in March that everyone was complaining that the camera was too low to the ground, me included.

Thanks for share! Everything related to the creative process of the game is to be appreciated.

I've now watched it myself. I like these video's where the team from Frontier talks about the game! It's really cool to see what they did with the T-Rex in the game and i'm looking forward to seeing more about it. Also very cool to have them walking side by side!

Originally Posted by dLimith View Post (Source)
    very cool to have them walking side by side!
    Absolutly!! that shows us, that the Trex wont attack or flee everytime theyre close to eachother like in JPOG. Sozial Tyrannosaurs, I like that!

Thanks for sharing the link.
    It looks and sounds just right imo.

Have you noticed the wrinkles and the pallor of the T-Rex on the right when walking with the other? Is it confirmed that dinosaurs age and wrinkle? Please have someone from Frontier confirm or deny it.

Originally Posted by Parritron View Post (Source)
    Have you noticed the wrinkles and the pallor of the T-Rex on the right when walking with the other? Is it confirmed that dinosaurs age and wrinkle? Please have someone from Frontier confirm or deny it.
    I believe aging and scarring are confirmed. What we don't know is exactly how aging affects the appearance of the dinosaur, if at all.

I wonder...

I am wondering .. if there will be other tyrannosaurs in the game.

Yes - it wonderful to see the T. rex confirmed -- like there was ever any doubt. But there should be some other tyrannosaurs as well. Since we are getting multiple species of Spinosaurs, raptors, ornithomimids, neoceratosaurs, stegosaurs, ceratopsids, pachycephalosaurs, & such. Why not multiple tyrannosaurs?

I would like see some smaller more gracile tyrannosaurs - like the Albertosaurine & Alioramini tyrannosaurs.

Originally Posted by blubbit View Post (Source)
    I believe aging and scarring are confirmed. What we don't know is exactly how aging affects the appearance of the dinosaur, if at all.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/Y91WqfBYMv...URa5haqGg.png?

According to this image, aging affects appearance.

Sweet! I think we have our confirmation and first look at dino aging! The older one also appears to be a different skin from the looks of it. Darker, more gray than brown.

EDIT: Btw, the link didn't work. I just saw that it directed me to reddit, so I went to the JWE reddit to see it.

Seeing the aging for the first time, I'm impressed.
    I thought it would be something barely visible but I never expected this.

It looks like you can have more than one Tyrannosaurus in an exhibit without having them kill each other. Sweet!

I actually hadn't noticed the difference when I first watched the video. But now that I've seen it it's so obvious. Love it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast