Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: How Jurassic World Evolution made it's T-Rex

So dinosaurs do not change their appearance because they get older but because they have health problems? It seems equally good, aging was something that did not excite me. I prefer to know that they are like this because they are sick. That's more important to play than to just look old.

Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)
    The pallor change you’ve spotted is due to the dinosaurs' health, they will become paler if they are losing health; this gives you a visual indicator that your dinosaur needs attention and facilitates easy triage for assigned ranger teams. They’ll also become droopy with use of the ragdoll system to provide further indication, and if they are close to dying they will fall unconscious. Ranger teams can heal dinosaurs with low health. You can also change the way dinosaurs look via genetic modifications (different skins) which you will have to research during your main campaign.

<3 Bo
    What a shame, but nice with clarification. Thanks Bo Still nice to see that health is represented this way!

Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)
    The pallor change you’ve spotted is due to the dinosaurs' health, they will become paler if they are losing health; this gives you a visual indicator that your dinosaur needs attention and facilitates easy triage for assigned ranger teams. They’ll also become droopy with use of the ragdoll system to provide further indication, and if they are close to dying they will fall unconscious. Ranger teams can heal dinosaurs with low health. You can also change the way dinosaurs look via genetic modifications (different skins) which you will have to research during your main campaign.

<3 Bo
    Thanks Bo.

Hmm, not so happy about that. It's good that they look sick, no question. But I feel like aging would have been SOOOOOOO much cooler.

Originally Posted by Kevinosaurus View Post (Source)
    Hmm, not so happy about that. It's good that they look sick, no question. But I feel like aging would have been SOOOOOOO much cooler.
    Well, that they look like this is something that helps a lot in the gameplay because it makes it easier for you to identify a sick dinosaur just by looking at it without having to see icons. The old age is purely aesthetic. I prefer it that way.

Hence I said ''It's good that they look sick, no question''.

Originally Posted by inachos View Post (Source)
    Absolutly!! that shows us, that the T´rex wont attack or flee everytime they´re close to eachother like in JPOG. Sozial Tyrannosaurs, I like that!
    T-rex with pack hunting instincts? Now that's a terrifying thought.

Health at a glance, nice.

As cool as it would have been, I'm glad Bo clarified it for us.

I do wish for dino aging to be visual down the road though. I thought it was really cool and made individual dinosaurs very unique and had character.

That makes equally happy because that is a lot of effort just for a sick Dino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dWo7elhmk4
    Watch this video concerning the aging mech. Looks like there is no physical appearance for ageing or scaring just the appearance will reflect the geno and health. Seems like the other Rex was sick or lost too many fights with the other rex.

It would be nice to have some sort of simple animation featuring close contact of rangers healing unconsious dinosaurs as in JP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123