Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: How Jurassic World Evolution made it's T-Rex

Originally Posted by JohnMiller1132 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for sharing!

I like that they mention ambush behavior of T-Rex and they seem to walk side-by-side on one scene. Those AI level is what I've been expecting.
    T-Rex pack mechanics confirmed. Not to mention that they were talking to eachother while doing it too.

I like the fact of the wrinkles in the water when the T-Rex walks through it

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Seeing the aging for the first time, I'm impressed.
    I thought it would be something barely visible but I never expected this.
    Definetly aging. Wrinkles, and the tail is drooping towards the ground. Vs the younger one. This is so exciting!

I saw BestInSlot's video on it. It's amazing and the Rex looks wonderful. Seeing the two Tyrannosaurs walking next to each other is so cool and two things went through my mind, all we need is a trailer with a little baby rex in it with a Harding and Malcom figure in it. Also you know what would have made the Rex break out scene from the movie even better? Two of them. In the novel two did escape, just one was a Juvenile.

Also I noticed the aging and that is also amazing. Frontier is doing great things with this game. I can't wait to sit down and watch the IGN video. Also BIS talked about the sound design for the Rex. It also confirmed what I and many others knew about the Spinosaurus sound design, that there was more than one roar. So what people heard in the species profile was not the main roar of the Spino. But they didn't hear what they wanted to hear so they flew into a rage and started throwing tantrums over it. I like the idea of some new fresh sounds or enhanced sounds.

I was against having two Rexes in the same enclosure cause that's not what they did in JP. But seeing those two together I may just have to do it.

Impressive. I'm curious to see the ambush predator behavior of the Rex and I hope for a gameplay video about it. Otherwise, I sadly have to wait until I can send herdes of herbivores into my T-Rex enclosure....for...science...of course

Originally Posted by blubbit View Post (Source)
    I believe aging and scarring are confirmed. What we don't know is exactly how aging affects the appearance of the dinosaur, if at all.
    BestInSlot showed two Rexs and one obviously looks young and the other looks older.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    BestInSlot showed two Rexs and one obviously looks young and the other looks older.
    This actually reminds me of the original JP novel by Crichton. In the novel, there were two Rexes in the original park on Isla Nublar: an older female (Rexy) and a younger, juvenile one. The juvenile Rex tried it's best to avoid Rexy and to stay the hell away from her established territory within the paddock. Only later in the plot, both end up in a confrontation over a kill that Rexy had made.
    I don't know if such a behavior would be too complex for a game, but damn, it would be awsome and exciting to watch.

Here is the Youtube link to the video in the OP.

I don't like IGN's vide player either.

The one complaint I have with this is when you see the Rex walking through that bit of jungle there in the sunset scene it walks into a tree and it clips through it. I would like to see the trees pushed around by it. I am sure they are working on it cause again like the other issues it's obvious. But it still bugged the hell out of me.

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    Here is the Youtube link to the video in the OP.

I don't like IGN's vide player either.

The one complaint I have with this is when you see the Rex walking through that bit of jungle there in the sunset scene it walks into a tree and it clips through it. I would like to see the trees pushed around by it. I am sure they are working on it cause again like the other issues it's obvious. But it still bugged the hell out of me.
    It might not be possible to take out all the clipping in the game, so far there are only a few instances we've seen this happen and I'm thinking more and more that this might also be the reason why there aren't any rocks in the game, maybe even why there aren't any decorations.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    It might not be possible to take out all the clipping in the game, so far there are only a few instances we've seen this happen and I'm thinking more and more that this might also be the reason why there aren't any rocks in the game, maybe even why there aren't any decorations.
    Yeah, I think we will still see some clipping. I would like at least for the trees to rustle and move a bit as the dinosaurs go through them. Doesn't have to be very minute movement like each leaf moving. I can settle with that stuff clipping a bit.

Ugh I hated the original camera from March. I am glad they changed it.

Originally Posted by blubbit View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I think we will still see some clipping. I would like at least for the trees to rustle and move a bit as the dinosaurs go through them. Doesn't have to be very minute movement like each leaf moving. I can settle with that stuff clipping a bit.
    That's basically what I would like as well. For the trees to like bend out of the way. I don't expect a lot of tiny details. But I can live with it.

The aging is great. Even the movements are different.

If this is something that happens to all dinosaurs then that's pretty cool. Never even considered dinosaurs physically aging.

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #29
    The pallor change you’ve spotted is due to the dinosaurs' health, they will become paler if they are losing health; this gives you a visual indicator that your dinosaur needs attention and facilitates easy triage for assigned ranger teams. They’ll also become droopy with use of the ragdoll system to provide further indication, and if they are close to dying they will fall unconscious. Ranger teams can heal dinosaurs with low health. You can also change the way dinosaurs look via genetic modifications (different skins) which you will have to research during your main campaign.

<3 Bo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast