Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need 2.4 billion credits

Need 2.4 billion credits

As mention above I need a lot of credits. So now that passenger missions and wing missions were nerfed, how do you guys earn large sums of money now?

Originally Posted by dka13 View Post (Source)
    As mention above I need a lot of credits. So now that passenger missions and wing missions were nerfed, how do you guys earn large sums of money now?
    We can't tell you, it'll get nerfed.

Originally Posted by Dural View Post (Source)
    We can't tell you, it'll get nerfed.
    What he said.

Originally Posted by dka13 View Post (Source)
    We don't we are all newcomers or people offering advice to those starting out we just earn sane amounts regularly, I think you want Dangerous Discussions forum which is up one level.

Yes, I think 2.4 billion credits is beyond the scope of the newcomers forum

If the OP is a newcomer, then my advice is to slow down. Not what you're looking for I'm sure, but that's my advice.

In other words, don't grind past all the good stuff, to get to the big stuff.

I know the answer, but if I tell you, everybody will see it, so they all go there, which crashes the servers and FD have to nerf it. Therefore you won't get a chance to do it anyway, so no point in telling you. In the meantime, drool on this, sucker!

Have they leaked how much a fleet carrier is going to cost?

Originally Posted by d8veh View Post (Source)
    I know the answer, but if I tell you, everybody will see it, so they all go there, which crashes the servers and FD have to nerf it. Therefore you won't get a chance to do it anyway, so no point in telling you. In the meantime, drool on this, sucker!
    always teasing

Originally Posted by d8veh View Post (Source)
    And no pinned blueprints? Wow. I enjoy credits as much as the next guy but I also play the whole game. I am nearing 5 billion and thought it excessive! I don't really ever die so only money spent is when I buy a new ship. Guess you are set to a buy a fleet carrier at least! o7

Not as much as I need 2.4 billion pounds. Or a new boiler....and the toaster packed up this morning too

1st Galaxy problems eh?!

Honestly, the starter systems are actually a really good place to hang out these days...

Eravate sends a steady stream of goods and passengers over to LHS 3447 and Ekonir and the profits are all boosted by the travel time involved. The real cruncher is GD 215 which involves a good 300,000ls trek for high rewards.

I roamed this area on Sunday/Monday with a new CMDR and cobbled together a trade Python pretty fast...

Edit: Itís generally better to switch to solo/private in the starter systems to avoid clubbers.

As I doubt this thread is going to go too much further I don’t suppose I’m hijacking if I ask a question regarding looking for these kind of money earners.

I’m not too bothered about things like the skimmer mission exploit from a while back but is it usually making the most of a programming glitch or dev oversight that gives these high rewards or can it simply be finding a good system in a specific state, repping up and taking missions and or trading in commodities that are required by a system that is in that specific state?

I’m probably a bit too much mission-centric in terms of earnings as I haven’t really got to grips with effective trading just yet.

Edit: kind of ninja’d above...or just answered

Originally Posted by Rock Hunter View Post (Source)
    As I doubt this thread is going to go too much further I don’t suppose I’m hijacking if I ask a question regarding looking for these kind of money earners.

I’m not too bothered about things like the skimmer mission exploit from a while back but is it usually making the most of a programming glitch or dev oversight that gives these high rewards or can it simply be finding a good system in a specific state, repping up and taking missions and or trading in commodities that are required by a system that is in that specific state?

I’m probably a bit too much mission-centric in terms of earnings as I haven’t really got to grips with effective trading just yet.

Edit: kind of ninja’d above...or just answered
    (In regards to commodity trading) it doesn’t really begin to compete with missions until you have a large ship (Type7+) and even then you’ll usually do better just working in a system you’re allied with. Hopefully this will change in the future.

Some areas of space are now just innately good to work in due to longer runs->higher rewards. Sitting on your hands for ten minutes is fine when there’s 10mil waiting for you at the end of it. As I said above, Eravate is well positioned for some easy credits but the galaxy is big...there’s other choices :-)

Now that navy rep is so much easier to increase with mission rewards there seems to be less reason to find golden systems to work in, credits have been easy to make for a while now...

Trading is, has always been, and will likely ever be, a way to grind a persistent flow of money for as long as you wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast