Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laurel or Yanny?

Laurel or Yanny?

What do you hear guys? Yanny or Laurel?

I have to admit I was intrigued by this on the Guardian this morning and with several runs of the clip I could not hear "Laurel" at all, in fact it seemed weird to me that anyone could think they heard "Laurel". I know I have quite good hearing frequency range for my age (67) so maybe that explains it.

Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)

Stanley?

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I have to admit I was intrigued by this on the Guardian this morning and with several runs of the clip I could not hear "Laurel" at all, in fact it seemed weird to me that anyone could think they heard "Laurel". I know I have quite good hearing frequency range for my age (67) so maybe that explains it.
    Aso I would like to point out that it probably says something about the levels of boredom we're living in if we're able to describe things like this "intriguing".
    It's just the blue and golden dress all over again.

throatwobbler mangrove.

Maybe its just me?

I thought these forums had settled on My Little Pony..........

Originally Posted by SMcA View Post (Source)
    Stanley?
    I thought rather, Oliver

Originally Posted by Vasco Sapien View Post (Source)
    throatwobbler mangrove.

Maybe its just me?
    It's not just you. I can hear it clearly.

At first it sounded like 'yarry', but after adjusting my headphones so they sat properly on my ears, and turning up the volume a bit, it sounds more like 'laurel'.

Psychoacoustics........ you know you love it.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Aso I would like to point out that it probably says something about the levels of boredom we're living in if we're able to describe things like this "intriguing".
    It's just the blue and golden dress all over again.
    The blue gold dress was interesting because that was an actual demonstration of brains interpreting things differently. This is just what you hear being different due to different aural acuity and could be manufactured by anyone so it's much more boring.

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    Psychoacoustics........ you know you love it.
    I have been trying to remember the name of this tune for ages. Cheers buddeh!

Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Yanny and my better half swears up and down she hears Laurel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast