Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Salvage and Rescue Operation (Salvage with decals)

  1. #1

    Salvage and Rescue Operation (Salvage with decals)

    Summary

    System: Carnoeck
    Station: Bacon City
    (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 127 Ls from main star, 36.36 Ly from Sol)
    Objective: Deliver Occupied Escape Pods, Black Boxes and Wreckage Components
    Time limit: 24th May 3304 @ 15:00 UTC


    Description

    A convoy travelling through the core systems has come under attack from a pirate group, and local authorities are requesting assistance in finding survivors.

    The operation is being coordinated by Security Chief Tal Woźniak of United Carnoeck for Equality, who made this announcement:
    The convoy came under intense fire from pirates, with many ships damaged or destroyed. We immediately despatched search-and-rescue teams, but the volume of debris is significant, and we are therefore requesting help from any independent pilots in the area.

    Our priority is to locate survivors, but we're also keen to acquire data that might help to bring those responsible to justice.
    Pilots are requested to recover Occupied Escape Pods, Black Boxes and Wreckage Components, and deliver them to Bacon City in the Carnoeck system.

    The campaign begins on the 17th of May 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

    To be eligible for rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Occupied Escape Pods, Black Boxes and Wreckage Components to Bacon City in the Carnoeck system.

    Be aware that faction-state changes, Thargoid Sensor-related interference and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

    Notes:
    - Station Services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Restock, Repair, Refuel
    - Items are contributed to this CG via the Search & Rescue Contact in Station Services
    - Decals will be awarded to participants based on the percentile group they are in when the CG ends


    Latest status
    Last updated: 21 May @ 22:45 UTC

    Current Progress:

    Global Progress: 881,780 tonnes collected
    Contributors: 3,575
    Reward Tier: 6/8
    Global Reward: None listed
    Current Participation Rewards:

    Top 10%: 14,883,840 CR
    Top 25%: 11,162,880 CR
    Top 50%: 7,441,920 CR
    Top 75%: 3,720,960 CR
    Top 100%: 600,000 CR
    CG Participation Threshold Calculator
    Courtesy of CMDR pprovart

    Data entry and current threshold estimates: https://goo.gl/EQ9mrW
    EDMC plug in for automated submissions: https://github.com/pprovart/CGThresholds


    New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ...click here

  2. #2
    Yay! And a decal \o/.

  3. #3
    And no burning stations atm

    O7,

  4. #4
    Bacon city currently has Cargo racks and collector limpet controllers... in stock... just in case you want to go direct to the system... how long they stay that way... is another matter...

    This is a charity rescue mission... not a for profit event... hence the Decal reward...

  5. #5
    The last time I did one of these salvage CGs (which I think was tied to the Thargoid incursion), I flew around looking for NHSS's and snatching them out from under the Thargoid Interceptors' noses (or whatever passes for the front of their vessels). But I got the sense that others were finding many more salvagable items scattered around planets. Any salvage experts want to chime in on the most productive way to conduct these missions? Is it trolling for USS's of Combat Aftermath, or flying at low altitude around planets looking for PoI's? Or some other way?

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Camisade View Post (Source)
    The last time I did one of these salvage CGs (which I think was tied to the Thargoid incursion), I flew around looking for NHSS's and snatching them out from under the Thargoid Interceptors' noses (or whatever passes for the front of their vessels). But I got the sense that others were finding many more salvagable items scattered around planets. Any salvage experts want to chime in on the most productive way to conduct these missions? Is it trolling for USS's of Combat Aftermath, or flying at low altitude around planets looking for PoI's? Or some other way?
    There normaly is a Mega ship in the convoy, it needs to be confirmed if the mega ship was part of the convoy yet... This is were you have to explore the system to confirm the mega ship was attacked in the system or not... If the mega ship is not present it takes a lot longer.. if the mega ship is in system damaged it will have the content you need..

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by GraphiteGB View Post (Source)
    There normaly is a Mega ship in the convoy, it needs to be confirmed if the mega ship was part of the convoy yet... This is were you have to explore the system to confirm the mega ship was attacked in the system or not... If the mega ship is not present it takes a lot longer..
    I've scouted Carnoeck in my DBX. If there's a mega ship, I'm not seeing it.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by GraphiteGB View Post (Source)
    Bacon city currently has Cargo racks and collector limpet controllers... in stock... just in case you want to go direct to the system... how long they stay that way... is another matter...

    This is a charity rescue mission... not a for profit event... hence the Decal reward...
    Are you sure there are no credits to be had? The CG description indicates there are, however it is the standard template so..... I'll be participating in any case, I like the SAR cg's (I do that in RL), so looking forward to getting a decal if nothing else!

    Edit: Do I need to bring a warship or will a trader work? TIA

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    I've scouted Carnoeck in my DBX. If there's a mega ship, I'm not seeing it.
    Ta this is going to be a slow event then...
    USS it is then... o well... going to take over ~100 USS to fill a cutters hold...

  10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #10
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments
    Frontier Employee
    Hi Folks,

    Here is a sneaky preview of both decals available this week.

    Colonia Decal



    Salvage Decal




    Thanks and fly safe.

    Steve K

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    And no burning stations atm

    O7,
    Anti-Xeno Initiative players have been working hard in the thargoid targeted systems recently.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Alderius View Post (Source)
    Are you sure there are no credits to be had? The CG description indicates there are, however it is the standard template so..... I'll be participating in any case, I like the SAR cg's (I do that in RL), so looking forward to getting a decal if nothing else!

    Edit: Do I need to bring a warship or will a trader work? TIA
    The money is peanuts it won't even cover the cost of transfering your cargo ship to the station most times till you have done over 4000 tons...

    Cargo ship will allow you to avoid having to return to station offen. your going to be sat in space for a very long time... waiting for USS then entering them, collecting then jumping out again and repeat... you'll need shields as pirates use pods as bait... just have a High wake set up so you can jump instantly if ambused...

  13. #13
    There are salvage wreakage points on scanner in systems, no mega ship needed and no USS needed... yipee..

  14. #14
    This sounds like fun. Definitely going to aim for a nice decal. I'm thinking there has to be a megaship somewhere...unless the frequency of related signal sources has increased, which would also work. Otherwise, progress is going to be very, very slow. I seem to locate wreckage in about 1/5 degraded emissions I drop into. Since 3.0, I've actually avoided those degraded emissions, because nearly every one ended up being a couple of grade 1 mats and a surprise wing of NPC jerks. "I can't believe he fell for that! Get 'em boys!"

    On another note, Bacon City is my second favorite city! Nothing ever beats Spatula City, though.

  15. #15
    Keep an eye on those naughty limpets picking up illegal stuff, trouble that you can do without.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast