Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Salvage and Rescue Operation (Salvage with decals)

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Have there been CGs where that wasn't the case?
    Oh, for sure you’re right. I just find it a hair frustrating and also, to be clear, not blaming players here. I think it’s on FD to make things more engaging and also to close loopholes that create these extreme inequities.

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Planets, relevant to CG:
    1,3,4,4A,5E.
    Every relevant POI has 5 objects, best paying is occupied escape pods (1,4A).
    Originally Posted by Clavis View Post (Source)
    At Planet 5E I got a mixture of goods. At 1 and 4 I only got escape pods - and I stayed there since those paid best.
    Don't mind me...turns out I didn't check them all. Escape pods do pay the best, but I'm still after achievements for black boxes & personal effects. Seems like a good opportunity to get those out of the way.

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    Oh, for sure you’re right. I just find it a hair frustrating and also, to be clear, not blaming players here. I think it’s on FD to make things more engaging and also to close loopholes that create these extreme inequities.
    Yeh. I do a lot of rescue stuff, got two ships kitted out and engineered specifically for rescue.
    But this CG, no.
    I scouted every planet, did a few circular routes round the POIs, but I'm done with it.

There is at least one salvage site in space close enough to a planet that the cryopods that spawn all start falling towards the planet. I was hoping to find mention in this thread of ship debris or salvage on the planet that can be found by following the trajectory of the falling cryopods but that doesn't seem to be the case. It would take a while for it to fall that far so maybe that's an unrealistic assumption.

Originally Posted by usafirebird View Post (Source)
    I thought this CG would be done by now...hit tier 6 though
    I thought the same thing on day 1 but someone noted that the first 4 tiers are very close together. Tier 6 - 8 gap is very large. So the FD wanted to make sure that the goal would make at least tier 5 but we as a community would have to work hard to make it to 6, 7, and 8.

o7

Originally Posted by Sanyo Shovah View Post (Source)
    Can someone please recommend me a ship and rough load out to participate in these two events? Got about 200m credits (and could sell or refit my passenger anaconda). I'm still in the bubble, no engineering yet and never done these kind of missions before.
    Don't worry about the Colonia CG unless you are willing to use Neutron stars and have about 8 hours to burn. This is what they are telling me on the other forum which is why I am not participating in that one.

For this CG all you need is a ship that can house a 3A collector limpet and as may cargo bay as possible. I currently using a Python with about 128T cargo bay. If I wanted to I can increase my cargo bay by removing the hull reinforcement and module reinforcement but 128T seems good enough. With some good luck, you should be able to get 500T in 3 days (about 2 hrs a day). BTW luck means a never ending spawn of pods. It happen twice for me and was able to max out my cargo in 30 mins each time. The other times, it was the jump in jump out routine.

Lastly, in the past couple of days, pirates/wanted ships have been popping in. FAS, FDL, ASP. No Anada yet. So you might want to have something that can run fast or fight.

Good luck. 07

Originally Posted by CMDR UBEN HADD View Post (Source)
    Lastly, in the past couple of days, pirates/wanted ships have been popping in. FAS, FDL, ASP. No Anada yet. So you might want to have something that can run fast or fight.
    You might correct that to advise: You might want to play in Solo or PG mode unless you want (and can survive, which is unlikely in a ship kitted out for any reasonable amount of cargo) PvP play. After taking some time off over the weekend because I'd decided a silver decal representing my threshold for mind-numbingly repetitive gameplay would be sufficient for this "rescue" effort, I had just popped into the CG system and was on my way back to Bacon City when I was interdicted by a Clipper, of all things. I was in an AspE, w/5C bi-weave shields. It's my general purpose shuttle-around-the-bubble-mat-collecting ship and is really only defensively kitted out to handle the odd NPC pirate interdiction.

I really wasn't paying attention, as I had no cargo and didn't expect an interdiction (I really had no business flying in Open, but just wanted to see if there were sufficient density of wanted predators about to justify bringing my FGS into the system for the badly needed PvP practice. An earlier scan of the system hadn't show any human ships (that I noticed), so I was surprised to see I was being interdicted by a "clean" Clipper. At first I thought perhaps it was one of those security stops or something. Then I realized it wasn't an NPC.

Still, I thought, hey, a highly maneuverable AspE against a slow-pitching Clipper, I should be able to beat this interdiction. That false impression lasted about 10 seconds, which is all it took for him to beat me at that little mini-game (I'd love to hear how THAT was done -- I can't even beat competent NPCs in that short a time!). Then I made the dumb decision to try to outrun him (I should have known better, but NPC Clippers are such easy bounty-hunter prey that I wasn't respecting the other pilot's PvP choice). Of course, 4 pips to engines and 500mps in my Asp would outrun some ships, but not an Imperial one.

I think he was running doubler-shot frags -- he stripped my shields so fast I didn't even have time to pop an SCB. About six seconds later I was at the rebuy screen (just engineered light alloy on my AspE configged for distance jumping, and no HRPs).

Long story short (too late, I know): Don't go there in Open unless you want to fight PvP.

I'm about to in my FGS, where I fully expect to be repeatedly schooled. Hopefully i'll learn something along the way!

Originally Posted by rxay579 View Post (Source)
    There is at least one salvage site in space close enough to a planet that the cryopods that spawn all start falling towards the planet. I was hoping to find mention in this thread of ship debris or salvage on the planet that can be found by following the trajectory of the falling cryopods but that doesn't seem to be the case. It would take a while for it to fall that far so maybe that's an unrealistic assumption.
    Planet 1.

The trouble is that if the planet is landable there is no atmosphere to brake the pods so they will bury themselves assuming they didn't vaporise, remember just how few knocks it takes when scooping to destroy one. If there is an atmosphere to slow them down then we can't land there.

If the pods had working thrusters for the landing why would they be falling in the first place.

Originally Posted by CMDR UBEN HADD View Post (Source)
    So I doing my normal Jump in, Jump out routine to scoop up escape pods. Normally there is about 5 pods but on a jump in, there was only 3 pods. No worries, had the limpets launch to grab the 3 pods. As the last pod was retrieved, 3 more pods appeared. Cool.... Limpet grab those pods and another 3 showed up. This went on for about an 30 mins. Another CMDR jump in and joined the easy picks. We just sat there with our limpets scooping up the pods as they spawned every 30 sec or so. I only had 1 limpet, the other CMDR had 2, but I was still able to get 100 pods. 3+ pods a min.

Not sure if this was glitch but it sure worked out for me and the other CMDR, who stayed after I left. I am now at top 25%. Should have stayed longer but it was 10 pm my time and I was getting sleepy. Hope to have the same glitch happen again tonight.
    I think I was that other CMDR. Nice chat; better than jumping in and out.
    Cryopod respawning happened to me again one more time after that (next day, I think); still no idea if there is a specific circumstance that trigger it or if there are other ways (besides random USSes) to collect bits for the CG.

Originally Posted by CmdrWill View Post (Source)
    How on earth did you stay awake??? That’s 400 loggings on and off!! Mind numbing! Can it really get any worse??
    It certainly wasn't all at once, and i was playing games on my phone at the same time lol. Definitely not what FD envisioned for this CG I'm sure but I couldn't justify doing anything other than logging to fill up my cutter.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789