Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I flew to Jameson today...

I flew to Jameson today...

In Open. Didn't get ganked.

And I was asking for trouble... You know how the Kalashnikov was equipped on both trips?

Literally an FSD with engines. No armour, pathetic shields, bad PD...

And I survived. I was asking to be killed by a n00b killer.

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Because Open isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe.

Try it sometime.

Which Jameson?
    The Memorial for Jameson or Jameson Memorial?

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Which Jameson?
    The Memorial for Jameson or Jameson Memorial?
    A fair comment. Jameson Memorial station in SD.

Ah - I was wondering why you were expecting to be ganked visiting the Jameson crash, shinrarta makes more sense

Um, congrats I guess. ...but you cheated...the gankers hadn't finished their chores and homework yet.

I have 35 ships there, never had a problem in open (on PC), a tad different on xbox

Yeah, I'm with you. It's not like the game is teeming with 150,000 players bouncing around in 4 systems.

Originally Posted by C4R1TON View Post (Source)
    Um, congrats I guess.
    I'm making a point. I was surrounded by maxed out Corvettes, FDLs and Chieftains.

Any one of those players could have deleted me within three seconds, had they so chosen.

But they didn't.

You know why? Because Open players are not socia/psychopaths.

Only person there who was, was me! I have the prescription to prove it too!

Guys, Open is not auto-death. A bit of respect goes a long way.

Seriously. Instead of judging books by their cover...

Who cares.
    Regards,
    A solo player.

Originally Posted by Eloy View Post (Source)
    Who cares.
    Regards,
    A solo player.
    We don't, kind regards, an open player.

Originally Posted by Eloy View Post (Source)
    Who cares.
    Regards,
    A solo player.
    ALL Solo players when Powerplay goes Open only, that's who.

I'm actually trying to be positive here. Open is not a death sentence... Not unless you insist on using a flying cargo rack.

Yes, you don't get to "max out" cargo in Open. But that's the gameplay. Making informed decisions about ship choice.

But even if you do make the wrong outfitting choice, that doesn't mean you will be attacked.

I cannot stress enough that you DO NOT need a PvP build to survive in Open.

Note that there's a huge difference between survival and winning combat.

Originally Posted by True Phoenix View Post (Source)
    We don't, kind regards, an open player.

tell your mates in open, that have a problem then, in wanting to change the ground rules

I don't play in Open primarily because I don't care for frivolous shenanigans occasionally taking president over my immersion in the game. Has nothing to do really with Open posing a risk. If anything, it's that Open poses too little risk and throwing away ships for whatever reason PVP, PVE, or otherwise seems par for the course for some. That's not the game I'm interested in playing.

For my style of play (as a survivalist, adventurer, and explorer), I was even more against the Distant Stars Expedition which was exclusively a PVE event (as far as I know). Meta gaming at its finest.

I was just pulling your chain. But on a serious note, people are going to play this game however they want no matter how many threads drop on how good or safe one mode or another is. Tons of opinions on the same dead horse issue won't change that.

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    ALL Solo players when Powerplay goes Open only, that's who.
    Judging by sheer amount of anti-Open PP posts, it is highly unlikely FD will proceed further.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast