Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I flew to Jameson today...

Going anywhere "one day" isn't exactly the kind statistic I'd use for any kind of conclusion.

Otherwise I could say, with little context:
    I played in Open near the starter systems the other day - I didn't see any other players. The game is truly dead and nobody plays it.

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    Judging by sheer amount of anti-Open PP posts, it is highly unlikely FD will proceed further.
    We'll see. Of course I'll be upset if it doesn't happen.

Still, I'm just trying to point out that you really don't need to be a PvP god to survive in Open.

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    … Open is not a death sentence... Not unless you insist on using a flying cargo rack.
    Even in a shieldless D-rated T-7 it isn't a death sentence if you know what you are doing.

And I don't think that any player in Solo Mode cares about your experiences or little anecdotes from open mode.

Yeah I like to take my unarmed, shieldless Sidewinder Lotsa Luck to the reputedly dangerous systems and cruise around on occasion. I've been doing that off and on since I was merely a Novice or Competent noobish kinda pilot and ship names were just a pipe dream.

The Lave cluster used to be considered pretty dangerous. No one even tried to scratch my paint.

Shinrarta? Nah. It's a walk in the park.

Starter systems and those general areas? Nope, no boogy men tried to get me there either.

CG's? Yep! Now there is where the fun is! I lost my first Python in a foray at Hutton Orbital. Good times!

So the hell what if you get blown up anyway? If you expect to be a winner at everything you do throughout your life you will surely be in for a BIG fall one day when you really do lose something important.

We'll see. Of course I'll be upset if it doesn't happen.

Still, I'm just trying to point out that you really don't need to be a PvP god to survive in Open.
    Believe it or not, most solo and Mobius players know that. Many, including myself, tried to play in Open for a prolonged periods of time. Mine was several months in 2015. Got tired with random interdicts and that "something always lurks in the dark" feeling so coveted by Open players, sent a request to Mobius, never looked back.

Funny, but now I play more in solo than in Mobius - less bugs that way.

I have a fully engineered, built for blood, invincible battle wagon that took years of hard grind and dedication to craft. And I did it all in Open. If any noob from solo or mobius ever gets even within my radar range, Ill say o7 and hope they want to wing up.

I honesty dont even do combat much anymore lol. I kind of just enjoy flying around aimlessly in Elite.

Because Open isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe.
    It's really not that bad. I can count the number of times I've been blowed up in open by another Cmdr on one hand.

In Open. Didn't get ganked.

And I was asking for trouble... You know how the Kalashnikov was equipped on both trips?

Literally an FSD with engines. No armour, pathetic shields, bad PD...

And I survived. I was asking to be killed by a n00b killer.

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Try it sometime.
    I drove to work today without wearing my seatbelt. Here I am, unharmed. You know why? Because seatbelts aren't nearly as important as people make them out to be.

OK, in answer to the OP, here's some perspective that people have mentioned. I've been playing in Open since Premium Beta, in everything from a Sidewinder to a maxxed out, engineered Anaconda. I've probably had 6 maybe 7 interdictions from other players, some were just out to kill me, others were pirates who actually 'pirated' me (which is pretty damn cool by the way). So I agree with the OP, it's not a death zone in Open. I've seen hundreds of CMDRs as I fly around, most are a o7 between us, sometimes no response, sometimes a 'Hi how's it going?' But that's it.

There are always going to be pockets of ne'er do wells. Just walked through certain parts of your suburb at night, trust me, they're there. You just need to pick and choose where you go, and if you must go there, be on your toes and go prepared. Simple.

In Open. Didn't get ganked.

And I was asking for trouble... You know how the Kalashnikov was equipped on both trips?

Literally an FSD with engines. No armour, pathetic shields, bad PD...

And I survived. I was asking to be killed by a n00b killer.

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Try it sometime.
    I don't know why people get upset about it. I spent 5 years getting ganked in another game. During fleet battles, you might be getting KO'd once every 5 minutes, depending on the odds you were up against. Once your mindset changes, you realize it's just part of PvP. You get used to it. Once you get used to it, you don't get mad anymore. You just get even. You might eventually turn an old enemy into a new friend.

Rooks o7

No thank you. I am really enjoying my Mobius group, which does not countenance sociopathic gankers. Glad to hear you didn’t become a victim this time. Keep rolling those dice.

Originally Posted by C4R1TON View Post (Source)
    Um, congrats I guess. ...but you cheated...the gankers hadn't finished their chores and homework yet.
    LOLOLOL for the all time win.

Originally Posted by C4R1TON View Post (Source)
    Um, congrats I guess. ...but you cheated...the gankers hadn't finished their chores and homework yet.
    Actually I'm at work making the monies. I guess that still counts as him cheating though

Because Open players are not socia/psychopaths.
    Citation, please.

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post (Source)
    No thank you. I am really enjoying my Mobius group, which does not countenance sociopathic gankers. Glad to hear you didnít become a victim this time. Keep rolling those dice.
    I feel the point flew right over your head... It's exactly that kind of mentality and thought process that causes more attrition and hostility between groups.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast