Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I flew to Jameson today...

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    You know why? Because Open players are not socia/psychopaths.

Guys, Open is not auto-death. A bit of respect goes a long way.

Seriously. Instead of judging books by their cover...
    And solo / PG players aren't frightened or cowards.

They just don't want to play with you...

(In the case of solo players, or anyone else.)

That respect goes both ways. Don't presume to judge why people you don't know choose to play a game differently to how you (seem to) think it should be played.

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    Believe it or not, most solo and Mobius players know that. Many, including myself, tried to play in Open for a prolonged periods of time. Mine was several months in 2015. Got tired with random interdicts and that "something always lurks in the dark" feeling so coveted by Open players, sent a request to Mobius, never looked back.

Funny, but now I play more in solo than in Mobius - less bugs that way.
    Funny, that's how open players feel about PP in solo mode. They work hard for their immersion and then some solo mode person(s) snipes the results from the safety of solo mode. Same holds for a open PVPer interdicting you with a ship full of goods. Doesn't feel so good to have your hard work erased?

Originally Posted by PhanttoM View Post (Source)
    I played in Open near the starter systems the other day - I didn't see any other players. The game is truly dead and nobody plays it.
    There is a belief open has billions of players hiding behind every asteroid ready to nuke every unsuspecting player, 24/7. Given the size of the active player base, versus the size of the bubble? Place is super quiet. Mostly because there are less people playing.

Frontier have to grow the game, attract people back but also attract fresh faces with fresh ideas; they cannot do this with stale 5 year old mechanics and have a player base holding them hostage. Sandy is giving it a shot, with SC and lord knows what else breathing down his neck.

Innovate or die, really. Will it work? I think so. But they need to sort the modules out so that tourism isn't required (we have brokers now, seems reasonable to use them as a major power contact for such purposes) and ensure all changes are articulated very well. Some folks will leave anyway, because that change is the last straw (but then, how many more changes, really, would it be before they did anyway?).

Sandy and the team have to find solutions to genuine issues within core mechanics. They can't build jack on it, until they do. When even the developer realises this, it's time to take notice. Because they almost never do.

In Open. Didn't get ganked.

And I was asking for trouble... You know how the Kalashnikov was equipped on both trips?

Literally an FSD with engines. No armour, pathetic shields, bad PD...

And I survived. I was asking to be killed by a n00b killer.

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Because Open isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe.

Try it sometime.
    If you're flying small ships like the Sidewinder or Cobra they usually leave you alone as it seems to be not worth the effort. Fly a Conda or Cutter kitted out for pure trading, come back and report

ALL Solo players when Powerplay goes Open only, that's who.
    So you're tooting your horn about Open. How is that different than someone tooting their horn about one of the other modes?

And PP could die entirely tomorrow and I wouldn't even know it, nor care. Maybe we can add open to that list as well.

I was three hours in shinrarta yesterday again, had two friendly duels (which I both lost, one with rebuy, the other with 14% hull)... Yeah, I'm more the PvE type

I was pleasantly surprised there were always CMDRs around patrolling for bad guys.

Only thing I again noticed was the lack of friendly chatter on the comms.
    There's way more on Mobius, propably cause people are more relaxed.

In

Just a bunch of happy hollow squares...

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    There is a belief open has billions of players hiding behind every asteroid ready to nuke every unsuspecting player, 24/7. Given the size of the active player base, versus the size of the bubble? Place is super quiet. Mostly because there are less people playing.

Frontier have to grow the game, attract people back but also attract fresh faces with fresh ideas; they cannot do this with stale 5 year old mechanics and have a player base holding them hostage. Sandy is giving it a shot, with SC and lord knows what else breathing down his neck.

Innovate or die, really. Will it work? I think so. But they need to sort the modules out so that tourism isn't required (we have brokers now, seems reasonable to use them as a major power contact for such purposes) and ensure all changes are articulated very well. Some folks will leave anyway, because that change is the last straw (but then, how many more changes, really, would it be before they did anyway?).

Sandy and the team have to find solutions to genuine issues within core mechanics. They can't build jack on it, until they do. When even the developer realises this, it's time to take notice. Because they almost never do.
    I think the belief is that Open is just like Solo only with the chance of unwarranted interaction that doesn't follow any gameplay direction. It's like saying "people think this road has a police officer every 10 feet so they are afraid to speed, but I drove 25 kph over the limit every day this week" when the fact is you can choose that same road with an absolute certainly of no police officers, in Solo. Solo players most often have an immersion that doesn't include being ganked for any reason by git gud and his friends. It's not because they are afraid to lose a ship, but because there's zero value added for sharing a galaxy with griefers. If there was any value, the developers could just add NPC griefers and station rammers. Problem solved.

And I was asking for trouble... You know how the Kalashnikov was equipped on both trips?

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Try it sometime.
    I was yesterday since a long time in Sothis/Ceos through coincidence. I've decided to stay a while to see all those hollow squares. 7000+ ships in traffic report for last 24h. ALWAYS hollow squares on scanner, in supercruise, stations, outposts.

Nobody attacked me!!!!!! No troubles the whole day
    I was than asking a Corvette cmdr for a friendly PvP fight against my Cobra MK.IV until 50% hull. He accepted and we did, it was fun. Than we said "o7" to each other and continued on our business.

I like open.

Originally Posted by PhanttoM View Post (Source)
    Going anywhere "one day" isn't exactly the kind statistic I'd use for any kind of conclusion.

Otherwise I could say, with little context:
    I played in Open near the starter systems the other day - I didn't see any other players. The game is truly dead and nobody plays it.
    Since first wuarter 2016 i'm playing the game and always in open. I just can say, that the times i have been attacked are not very high. The times i've died to that is even much lower so that i can count it still on my fingers.
    My experience is, that you only meet players at real hotspot systems and even than the chances meeting someone aggressive is very low.

A week ago i was in Argestes fighting Thargoids. Guess who was there? Cmdr Harry Potter alias 'Besieger'. Everybody knows him.....
    I flew directly behind him out of the station. I thought "hey at least i KNOW that he will attack me.
    Ermh....NOPE! He wasn't intrested in doing so at that moment and just flew away. Even if he would have attacked me, there would have been dozen of ways to survive even with 0 chance of winning against him in that situation

Don't be afraid! Don't believe these horrible posts about "i get killed nonstop blaaaa"
    Try one day open. Try it a week. Make your own experience. Even if you got once killed at a bad time at a hotspot (CG) this doesn't mean that in all 600 billion starsystem a psycho-killer is waiting for you

Another one of these; we get it those who don't fly open are carebears and cowards, message recieved and understood.

If you see me in Shinrarta I'm up for a fight, too, so just ping me, user name the same as here.

edit

Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    Another one of these; we get it those who don't fly open are carebears and cowards, message recieved and understood.
    Far from it, I was a very big opponent of open for 1600+ hours. But it really is not that bad, just try it if you like. If you don't don't. Blaze your own trail. I will still play a lot in mobius, but open is not the meatgrinder it is made by some. And no one is a coward or carebear in my view for flying solo/pg.

It is adressed to those people who fear open because of "ganker, griefers, killers, etc".
    Those who are not afraid of open for that reason can just skip. No reason to fell offended.

I get that you are all super happy at getting some things moved to open but no need to keep rubbing folks faces in it with multiple ' don't be scared the waters fine..' threads, its patronising and spiteful and you know it.

Didn't happen.

You know why?

Try it sometime.
    Wow. How heroic. Guess Open is cool and fun now. No more chat spamming, pad blocking, and Station rammers eh?
    And just when I was looking forward to being the content, and changing how I play, for the PvP crowd too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast