Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will Carriers and Squadrons be available in Group, or limited to Open only?

Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    Well if you're changing my specs, that would be your style.

I have all the ships I want. I think it's 14 of of them, got rid of a few when the Chieftain was released. And if it's parked at Shinyrazta, who cares?
    I'm not. Just looking at the game, there are no moving megaships with a shipyard, so I very much doubt that Fleet Carriers will have a shipyard and if there are smaller Carriers for individuals then I doubt they will have a shipyard either.

So no, I don't think you will be able to transfer ships to the fleet carriers or your own personal one. I could be wrong though, so we shall soon see. I am just wondering what happens when you order your ship when in a Fleet Carrier, the carrier jumps to a different system while your ship is still in transit. I can see that causing all sorts of issues, hence the reason why I don't think Fleet Carriers will have a shipyard.

What I will be fine with is your own personal base somewhere on a planet surface or an asteroid which is cut off from the BGS and Commodities. Commodity and Material storage could be okay though, which has a shipyard so you can transfer all your ships there if you want to.

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    There is no official line, but considering it's not PVP centric content and the confirmation from Sandro that they are only considering PP for open only, I'm pretty sure squadrons and carriers will be available in all modes.
    How can you have a squadron in solo mode LOL (unless we have AI which would be good!)

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    How can you have a squadron in solo mode LOL (unless we have AI which would be good!)
    Squadron is not something you "have". It's a community management tool (aka guild). As such it will be available in all modes. Being a part of Squadron, you can chip in for a Fleet Carrier, which you can then dock at. I can't see it not being available for Solo players.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I'm not. Just looking at the game, there are no moving megaships with a shipyard, so I very much doubt that Fleet Carriers will have a shipyard
    Aaah, I did not know that.

But the Cannon ship that big thing they get Fdev to move about for them. That's essentially what these fleet carriers will be right? So are you saying you can not park more than your existing ship in that thing? You can respawn at it though right?

I think if it's the case that you can't park all your ships in hangers at your own Personal Carrier, it defeats the object of having one.

I'm not on about Shipyards, Max. I assume Personal Fleet carriers don't need them. Just hangers, maintenance, repairs and module storage units.

But the Cannon ship that big thing they get Fdev to move about for them. That's essentially what these fleet carriers will be right? So are you saying you can not park more than your existing ship in that thing? You can respawn at it though right?

I think if it's the case that you can't park all your ships in hangers at your own Personal Carrier, it defeats the object of having one.

I'm not on about Shipyards, Max. I assume Personal Fleet carriers don't need them. Just hangers, maintenance, repairs and module storage units.
    Guess we'll need to wait for FDEV to get the ball running on Carriers specific Focused Feedback.

"Fleet" in Fleet Carrier may mean "Personal Fleet" or "Fleet of Squadron Ships".

Guess we'll need to wait for FDEV to get the ball running on Carriers specific Focused Feedback.
    Waiting for FDEV to discuss carriers? WAITING!?

we need it naaaow

Originally Posted by Vorxian View Post (Source)
    Waiting for FDEV to discuss carriers? WAITING!?

we need it naaaow

Well, I'm not we

"Fleet" in Fleet Carrier may mean "Personal Fleet" or "Fleet of Squadron Ships".
    Often and early matey...often and early

Well, I'm not we
    You have far too much patience

Originally Posted by Vorxian View Post (Source)
    You have far too much patience
    Not really, I just know how they work (basics first, expand later) and I don't expect them to change their habits all of a sudden, so I manage my expectations

Believe me, I'd love to have all the info NOW, but I know that won't be the case no matter the uproar on the forums. And don't get me started on the exploration content update

Originally Posted by ToCoSo View Post (Source)
    Haha I love how everyone's already paranoid after Sandy put up an idea, not even a committed design direction. Why would carriers just be in open? Why even ask? I am sure they will be great for Powerplay as they will give players a real feeling of having strategic play, but they would be great in private groups to give players a home and more goals to work together. I don't see why this is even a question.

Let's all get paranoid.
    Everyone should be paranoid whenever FDev threaten to give us more content!!

Correct. I have been telling people this for months ever since the "me demands megaship!" threads started, but the hype train is so loud, nobody can hear me.
    Also, megaships cant effect the BGS, it just destroys all their code

Shipyard is the hanger where all your ships are held within the game and is required to transfer your ships to stations. I am assuming it's the same for Fleet Carriers. As far as I know the Cannon Ship has no Shipyard so you cannot park all your ships there. Yes you can respawn at it if it is the last place you docked at as normal, well I think that's the case.

Exactly the reason why I think a personal carrier will be useless to the lone wolf player. As to Fleet Carriers that move around for you squadron, there are plenty of reason to have one that doesn't need all your ships in one place depending on what you and your squadron does within the game.

So for your pesonal fleet carrier, you would need a shipyard to store your ships and transfer them.

In light of the flash announcement over PP, do we know of an official line on this at present?
    Pretty sure its yes to groups, no to solo. Cant see a reason for excluding groups.

Squadron is not something you "have". It's a community management tool (aka guild). As such it will be available in all modes. Being a part of Squadron, you can chip in for a Fleet Carrier, which you can then dock at. I can't see it not being available for Solo players.
    Aah I see now - thanks for clarifying

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast