Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the "League of Reparation"?

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    I thought that was a reference to his lewd romance novels.

But yeah, I think you're right. If he isn't connected with LoR, he at least was talking about them.
    I thought it just meant he didn't like to go on publicity tours.

Interesting that Kay Kilbride's replacement on the united taskforce is Mara Klatt - the INRA base in Alnath is named Klatt Enterprises. Mara Klatt has also been unavailable for comment in both Galnet stories she has been mentioned in so far, which is itself suspicious.

Wild theories:

- Mara Klatt is an INRA descendant somehow being used behind the scenes as bait for Nexus.

- Mara Klatt is Nexus.

- Mara Klatt is both an INRA descendant and Nexus.

- Kay Kilbride's death was faked and Mara Klatt is her alias while she works in secret to locate Nexus or something.

Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    Guardians vs. Thargoids 2.0, proxy cult version

https://community.elitedangerous.com...932974af7b1815

O7,
    More cults. I like that.

Originally Posted by Commdor View Post (Source)
    Interesting that Kay Kilbride's replacement on the united taskforce is Mara Klatt - the INRA base in Alnath is named Klatt Enterprises. Mara Klatt has also been unavailable for comment in both Galnet stories she has been mentioned in so far, which is itself suspicious.

Wild theories:

- Mara Klatt is an INRA descendant somehow being used behind the scenes as bait for Nexus.

- Mara Klatt is Nexus.

- Mara Klatt is both an INRA descendant and Nexus.

- Kay Kilbride's death was faked and Mara Klatt is her alias while she works in secret to locate Nexus or something.
    Klatt could well be in either camp.
    The base could have been owned by her family before INRA started working there or they could have been INRA all the time.

Alliance Admiral Detained

Well, well, well.
    People won't like that.

Not at all.

So, we learn that Alliance military security, at a meeting of their high command, at a base in the Alliance capital system is apparently so loose that officers from two rival superpowers can just walk in, arrest one, and walk out without any more than a bit of verbal objection.

At that point, I mean, why just take one? Why not take all of them and get that little rebellion under proper control?

Are we sure there's even such a person as Deputy Inspector Klatt? From the wording of the report and the subsequent outrage it appears that they weren't actually present at the arrest, which would normally be both a diplomatic and practical necessity. If I was an INRA officer trying to shut down the inconvenient Alliance, sticking a fake employee onto the payroll shouldn't be too difficult, and that's now two of their five(?) Admirals out of action.

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    So, we learn that Alliance military security, at a meeting of their high command, at a base in the Alliance capital system is apparently so loose that officers from two rival superpowers can just walk in, arrest one, and walk out without any more than a bit of verbal objection.

…Prime Minister Edmund Mahon made a public statement:

“This has come as a great shock, but the body of evidence against Admiral Varma is considerable. I am confident that the trial will be fair, and that our own representative within the tri-superpower taskforce will ensure that justice is done.”
    Maybe they had backing from the Alliance government?

Soon what's left of the council will be disbanded and Mahon will declare himself Supreme Leader.

Soon what's left of the council will be disbanded and Mahon will declare himself Supreme Leader.
    I had the same thought.

But it could be the other way round, that an Admiral tried to grab power and pushing the Alliance into a war against the other super-powers by using the Lot.

Whatever it is, it looks like the Alliance has a serious internal problem.

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    Maybe they had backing from the Alliance government?
    If so, Mahon needs to be replaced immediately *and* the military security still needs to ask some serious questions of itself.

The unity of the Alliance is surely dependent on the principle - perhaps unwritten - that the Prime Minister can't decide to just skip the extradition hearings and other formalities that would normally accompany the handover of one of the Alliance's most senior officials to representatives of a foreign power.

At the very least, until there was time for the evidence to be assessed by the Alliance judicial systems, the admiral should have been detained by Alliance officers and held within the Alliance jurisdiction.

The article doesn't explicitly state that the "secure facility" is outside Alliance jurisdiction, but the implication from the outraged Assembly members is that it is. Of course, Mahon could have them all arrested and extradited by the Federation, too, so perhaps they'd best not push their luck.

Just wait until Nexus strikes again. In no way it can be that Admiral Varma. My bet is that it's an AI that controls him, just like Armitage in Neuromancer. And that strange "winking cat" graffiti art theft incident is still unsolved. Picture tied to an AI, wasn't it? Cat Mother is the code name Molly Millions used in the Sense/Net raid. Coincidence?

O7,

Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    Just wait until Nexus strikes again. In no way it can be that Admiral Varma. My bet is that it's an AI that controls him, just like Armitage in Neuromancer. And that strange "winking cat" graffiti art theft incident is still unsolved. Picture tied to an AI, wasn't it? Cat Mother is the code name Molly Millions used in the Sense/Net raid. Coincidence?

O7,
    Varma is not Nexus. This goes deep in the Alliance.
    The Thargoid friends, the old GalCop worlds, the Turners and Argent. They are all in the Alliance and all hate INRA.

As of lately, much of the galnet lore doesn't seem to be thought all the way to the end. Foreign Agents jailing an Alliance Admiral on a military meeting? Yeah, sure.
    Duval engaging with a Federal ambassador? And that dude is still in office? Certainly the Federation has no successor.
    Independent pilots beating up the bugs, but the three superpowers have no forces to do so? Seems legit.
    A terrorist organisation that kills people for their ancestry. That totally fits this scheme. I guess there's no secret behind the League. Just people killing others for whatever reason.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast