Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213

Thread: Who is the "League of Reparation"?

Today I did a trip to Zibal to find out if I can find any traces of the LoR. The whole course of events so far does not satisfy me because of the sloppiness.
    A secretive acting organisation would never become involved in a combat zone, that is pure nonsense. Killing a few LoR-Pilots (were they really of the LoR?) would never desintegrate the whole organisation which simply does not need any base. Such an organisation is here and there and everywhere.
    Riri McAllister might have been one of the coordinators and surely she was tortured to tell something. But she was not the whole organisation. The rest of the Galnet news are pure propaganda for me.

So what did I find in Zibal? Of course, no LoR members. But the news at the bases were astonishing. I relogged on two different days to be sure that they are still the same - they were. I visited both of the ports where you can land, Hire Port and Veach Vision and on both ports I found the same news dated July 26th, 3304. There are three of them. Two are telling us that the conflict between the ruling faction, Zibal Power Co and the LoR ended up in a stand-off (no one could win) and so Zibal Power Co maintained control about the Zibal system and in there about Hire Port and Marley Vista.
    One of the three messages of the same day tells us that Zibal Power Co defeated the LoR. But defeated does not mean annihilated. This then would be in complete contrast to what the Superpowers were telling us on July 27th on Galnet and also one would expect that Mrs. Klatt would present other high members of the LoR who should be brought to trial.
    The only conclusion is: LoR still exists.

The League of Reparation seems to be the.. eh.. what was his name? ..ah.. Snoke of Elite Dangerous. Yeah.

A terrorist group who hunted descendents of INRA.

Seems like Riri was silenced or rescued: https://community.elitedangerous.com...08f1736469df74

Guess we haven't heard the last of LoR yet.

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    The League of Reparation seems to be the.. eh.. what was his name? ..ah.. Snoke of Elite Dangerous. Yeah.
    Golden-robed, pompous and cut in half?

Are they really finished or what? I bet they come back the next time it's convenient...

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Seems like Riri was silenced or rescued: https://community.elitedangerous.com...08f1736469df74

Guess we haven't heard the last of LoR yet.
    So do I

Taskforce disbanded? Sounds unlikely. She is out there and they will fear the truth.

Now, wouldn't it be great if, for example:
    - In the system the ship went missing, there was a debris field
    - You could fly to the debris field and find a bunch of ship logs, most of which report a fairly mundane incident, but one alludes to the fact that they may have escaped to system X.
    - This could lead to a chain of activities; or
    - Just go directly to a system where, if you run a bunch of missions to get the typical "Tip Off" happening, it leads you to coordinates where either: Nexus is stashed, and able to be interacted with like a secondary NPC a-la engineers, but not an engineer, or
    - For the purposes of plot suspension, find evidence that Nexus *is* still alive, but that's where the trail runs cold.

But I guess i just get a fidget spinner til the next galnet article...

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    Today I did a trip to Zibal to find out if I can find any traces of the LoR. The whole course of events so far does not satisfy me because of the sloppiness.
    A secretive acting organisation would never become involved in a combat zone, that is pure nonsense. Killing a few LoR-Pilots (were they really of the LoR?) would never desintegrate the whole organisation which simply does not need any base. Such an organisation is here and there and everywhere.
    Riri McAllister might have been one of the coordinators and surely she was tortured to tell something. But she was not the whole organisation. The rest of the Galnet news are pure propaganda for me.

So what did I find in Zibal? Of course, no LoR members. But the news at the bases were astonishing. I relogged on two different days to be sure that they are still the same - they were. I visited both of the ports where you can land, Hire Port and Veach Vision and on both ports I found the same news dated July 26th, 3304. There are three of them. Two are telling us that the conflict between the ruling faction, Zibal Power Co and the LoR ended up in a stand-off (no one could win) and so Zibal Power Co maintained control about the Zibal system and in there about Hire Port and Marley Vista.
    One of the three messages of the same day tells us that Zibal Power Co defeated the LoR. But defeated does not mean annihilated. This then would be in complete contrast to what the Superpowers were telling us on July 27th on Galnet and also one would expect that Mrs. Klatt would present other high members of the LoR who should be brought to trial.
    The only conclusion is: LoR still exists.
    Oh btw. Those articles are just procedurally generated by the BGS war state. I wouldn't read into them...

Apologies in advance as this is a bit of a long post.

In the Galnet article dated 10 Aug 3304, it is heavily implied that Riri McCallister was either killed (for revenge or silence) or rescued. However, there is some significant circumstantial evidence that something else may have happened. She may have been abducted by INRA/"The Club". Let me explain some of this evidence.

First point of evidence, it is known that some organization has been preventing public discovery of the Thargoids through rather "unethical" means. It is likely that this organization has very strong ties to the former INRA. In order for this organization to have remained so completely secret for nearly 300 years, it members would have to be completely committed and trustworthy. It was only recently that word of this organization was first publicly made known when one of their members, Rebecca, betrayed them through Salome. The only way that kind of loyalty and trust can be assured is through familial connection. The closest parallel to this organization in modern terms is the Mafia.

Second point of evidence, the new Alliance investigator is likely connected to INRA. From the logs discovered at Klatt Enterprises, we learn that whoever was in the position to make decisions there chose to test the Mycoid on live Thargoids. Given typical naming conventions, this was probably someone with the last name of Klatt. The new alliance inspector's name is Mara Klatt. Given point one, she is probably (if not certainly) a member of this organization.

Third, Mara Klatt's position as deputy inspector fits with the method of operation of the organization. They are never out in the open in positions of power, but rather they stay close to power to be able to gain access to information and influence decisions. Assassination is also not out of the question for them to achieve their goals. Just as her predecessor was getting close to identifying NEXUS, she was assassinated placing Ms. Klatt in a position to oversee the remainder of the investigation and any security and/or transport arrangements without supervision or question.

Fourth, it is given that Senator Cartesius was a descendant of a Senior INRA member. Given point one, if it is assumed that he was also a member of the "Club", then it is also likely that his daughter was as well. This is convenient for the simple reason that she could shoot Riri McCallister and it would pass off as a failed attempt at vengeance rather than a way to get McCallister out of the heavily secured facility she was likely being held in. I am certain that the "Club" would be very interested to find out how Riri McCallister discovered what INRA had done years before any evidence became public (the timeline is confirmed by a Galnet Article dated 28 July 3304). They would also be extremely worried about what else she might know that would come out during a public trial. It is also interesting to note that Senator Cartesius's daughter was immediately released to Imperial Security rather than remaining in the custody of the Alliance after attempting the assassination of an Alliance Admiral.

Fifth, the Tri-power taskforce seems to have been disbanded a little too quickly given the supposed possibility that McCallister escaped. Since when does an accused criminal potentially escape and the police walk away saying, “Case closed”?

Now, a little more on the tin-foil hat side, it may be that McCallister intended this all along. By targeting INRA descendants, she was sure to attract the attention of the “Club”. As long as they targeted the descendants of minor INRA members, they didn’t care. Most INRA members would not have been involved in the formation of the “Club”. Only the most senior and most trusted members would have been involved. It wasn’t until the public discovery of John Jameson’s wreck that the League began targeting the descendants of senior INRA members. They apparently hit pay dirt with the assassination of Senator Cartesius. That assassination worried their members enough for them to act. It was only then that a Tri-power taskforce was formed. Only then that Mara Klatt needed to become senior investigator on the case. Only then that McCallister would need to be captured for questioning. Only then that McCallister would gain access (though unintended) to individuals and facilities that would then be confirmed to be active members of the “Club”.

TLDR: Riri McCallister (NEXUS) has been abducted by the “Club”, which was exactly what she had intended from the start.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213