Page 1 of 22 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: The reason some of you are terrified of a slippery slope...

The reason some of you are terrified of a slippery slope...

... is that FDev will slowly realize open only and a player shaped game world would have been infinitely better from the start.

Seriously is there any other reason? I very much doubt it.

Except it would only be infinitely better from a certain point of view.

And LOTS of the playerbase don't share that point of view. Sure, there are those that do, but it's certainly not universally accepted.

Chosing to pursue PvE experience is as valid as pursuing PvP one. I am saying this while being a PvP player. So Fdev would not abandon PG and Solo development.

And the reason why PvE people are so outraged by the chages to unbalanced yet "equal" status quo is that current state of things leaves maximum efficiency point inside casual PvE player's comfort zone. Because status quo is in fact "equality" by communist standarts, where modes with different risks and difficulty levels pay exactly the same (and in fact, harder way pays even less due to risks).

Not to mention that changes to status quo will be received by them as an official recognition of PvE being easier, which would not be... politically correct by their standards and would rustle their jimmies too much overall.

So of course casual PvE ayers are whining against such changes, and the fact that such balancing poisons the game for the others does not concern them in the slightest. All of this is understandable, and the only way to fight this... is to whine louder.

Yep totally agree. How folks can think its ok to powerplay or attack a player minor faction from Solo/PG is beyond me. Solo should be exactly that, solo from the rest of the game, including influence.

Originally Posted by CMDR Ivana Kolchak View Post (Source)
    ... is that FDev will slowly realize open only and a player shaped game world would have been infinitely better from the start.

The only thing "infinitely better" would have been ED to have shipped with an offline mode like was PROMISED in the 2012 kickstarter we all poured tons of money into.

Originally Posted by Marshall... View Post (Source)
    Yep totally agree. How folks can think its ok to powerplay or attack a player minor faction from Solo/PG is beyond me. Solo should be exactly that, solo from the rest of the game, including influence.
    And yet the PvP crowd still wonder why others look at the PP move with a jaundiced eye. Hmmm...

SOLO/PG vs OPEN is a Yanny/Laurel situation 50/50 split, best to just accept everyone likes the game and give a bit of attention to both. Powerplay would be much better in Open IMHO but the rest of the game is fine over all the modes. Laurel or Yanny?!

Bias much?

Your post and title is totally poisoning the well and I refuse to accept your premises.

For one, no one is terrified of anything - a lot of folks are wary of Frontier going back on their word - again.

For another, your opinion that open-only/player-shaped is the way to go, is that only - an opinion, which not everyone agrees with.

This will only happen alongside the realisation of how infinitely bad their multiplayer connectivity is.

I'm not terrified, I'll just play something better, but if Frontier sold me a single player game only to take that away, I've been given a raw deal and will never ever give them any of my money ever again.

Cyberpunk will be out soon enough, then you can keep your crappy space trucking snoozefest and CDPR can have my money, because they actually give a damn about their players.

Slippery slope or insurmountable obstacle ?.

They still need the following :

Block nerf.
    High wake nerf
    Low wake nerf
    Menu log nerf
    Clogging punishment
    Enhanced thruster nerf
    People going to other systems nerf
    Timezones nerf
    Platforms nerfed

Nobody can be forced into PVP.

You can attack them the same way?

Or maybe what your really trying to say is you want to interact with other players on YOUR terms ie PvP

Like everything else in this game,theirs multiple ways to skin a cat,double elite/billionaires out there that have never fired a shot or done very little combat,are they invalid players?

Also i dont like slippery slopes because im a bit ould these days,have tumble i may not be getting back up

i would counter with a player only game is easier to build, which is imo why the solo parts of COD have been whittled away over the years finally to be dropped.... if all your game is based around players it takes a lot of the pressure off having to improve npcs to behave more accurately, and means any story narrative can be massively cut down. just give the players an arena and leave them to it.

MP content is generally considered to be cheaper and easier to make, because there is less pressure to keep on creating after it has been consumed.

it does not make it better ..... just simpler

All i want if FD to stick to the game that they proposed to get funded. whether this is a good thing or not is kind of irrelevant, it is the hook they used to get my money.

as for why players are concerned....

it is because nearly all the features detailed for ED so far have been completely stripped down to MP only, so to see existing content stripped back as well stings even more. IF the other features had not already been released as MP only despite what was initially planned, i believe there would be a lot less push back at this 1 thing.

Originally Posted by ToCoSo View Post (Source)
    SOLO/PG vs OPEN is a Yanny/Laurel situation 50/50 split, best to just accept everyone likes the game and give a bit of attention to both. Powerplay would be much better in Open IMHO but the rest of the game is fine over all the modes. Laurel or Yanny?!
    Those who hear "yanny" do so because their phonemic model is confused by the distortion (from the compression algorithm) to the resonant frequencies that the brain typically relies on to decode sounds.

In other words, those who hear "yanny" are deluded.

Kind of fitting for this discussion, I think.

They both are mechanics using numbers from mostly non-combat actions. If you aren't up to the game to push back with your own actions (other than trying them physically push them out from system which frankly is ridiculous idea in first place), then you are bound to lose.

Page 1 of 22 1236 ... LastLast