Page 1 of 18 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Horizon Players can't PowerPlay!!

Non Horizon Players can't PowerPlay!!

As well as locking out Solo players, FDev also want to kick Mac users to the floor and also non Horizon players - can't Eng your ship? Don't even bother playing PP, right?

So Mac users get it worse because they literally cannot buy Horizons.

Maybe FD just want us all to leave and let them play the game by themselves. I expect more and more people are feeling inclined to oblige.

I made a proposal how to solve it over there:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Balancing-PvP

But nobody cares...

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    As well as locking out Solo players, FDev also want to kick Mac users to the floor and also non Horizon players - can't Eng your ship? Don't even bother playing PP, right?

I have a feeling that Horizons will be bundled into the main game at Q4. One of the reasons why Macs won't be supported anymore. Then that leaves it open for the new DLC to come out with everyone on the same client.

Could be the reason why they are thinking of doing this in Q4.

Uh, Mac users have bigger problems than not being able to buying Horizons. In fact, they won't have to worry about the changes to Power Play at all.

afaik, it has been explained why mac users won't be able to keep playing ED...

All about technical limitations as far as I remember.

Grab a second hand PC and keep enjoying the game. I got my rig second hand for about 500€, it has a GTX 1050ti 4GB, an i7 3770 3.8gHz and a 256Gb SSD, a secondary HDD 1Tb and 16GB RAM.

Not so hard to get a gaming dedicated windows PC...

Mac players technically can still do PP, unlike Xbox1 or PS4 users without subscriptions, which payed the same prize for the game but are unable to access open mode.

I've rarely read such nonsense. Do yourself a favor and just go away. Thanks!

Originally Posted by aguettinger View Post (Source)
    Mac players technically can still do PP, unlike Xbox1 or PS4 users without subscriptions, which payed the same prize for the game but are unable to access open mode.
    Mac players can play PP until Q4 update when they can't. In fact they won't be able to play ED at all at that point.

You mean like they can't play CQC, wings or multicrew either? Multi crew was content in a PAID DLC that they're locked from, where was your pitchfork then? How do they get 20% off their FDL without CQC?

Aren't consoles less powerful than Macs for processing graphics?

Originally Posted by DaSucker View Post (Source)
    I've rarely read such nonsense. Do yourself a favor and just go away. Thanks!
    How is the truth and facts "nonsense"?

How about you take your own advice?

Yeah, engineering will have to be made possible without Horizons if they're going to make PP open only Going open without engineering is like taking a feather duster to a knife fight. When the other side decides to bring napalm launchers and MBTs.

Originally Posted by Sh1nyTh1ngs View Post (Source)
    You mean like they can't play CQC, wings or multicrew either? Multi crew was content in a PAID DLC that they're locked from, where was your pitchfork then?
    On the boards, complaining about how all of the season was combat focussed and ignored anyone not into PvP. Were you not there at the time? If so, you are making an argument from ignorance and this is a logical fallacy.

Which is unrelated to FD

Originally Posted by Sterling MH View Post (Source)
    Yeah, engineering will have to be made possible without Horizons if they're going to make PP open only Going open without engineering is like taking a feather duster to a knife fight. When the other side decides to bring napalm launchers and MBTs.

On the boards, complaining about how all of the season was combat focussed and ignored anyone not into PvP. Were you not there at the time? If so, you are making an argument from ignorance and this is a logical fallacy.
    Engineering is not a requirement for Open at all, that is entirely false. Sure it makes it safer but nothing stops you participating, and escaping if you want to.

Complaining about content being PvP focused is not the same as the current complaint about console player being gated behind their relevant multiplayer subscription.

Aren't consoles less powerful than Macs for processing graphics?
    Lol, you really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

Originally Posted by Sh1nyTh1ngs View Post (Source)
    Engineering is not a requirement for Open at all, that is entirely false. Sure it makes it safer but nothing stops you participating, and escaping if you want to.

Complaining about content being PvP focused is not the same as the current complaint about console player being gated behind their relevant multiplayer subscription.
    True. Anyone who is perceptive and learns the basics of the game can do open in a unengineered hauler. Just lame excuses from people who always blame everything and everyone but themselves.

Page 1 of 18 1236 ... LastLast