Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Horizon Players can't PowerPlay!!

If someone is on PC and doesn't own horizons, than that is on them. It's their choice not to buy the expansion

Mac users are really lucky. They get a true Elite Dangerous solo game-mode. WHEN ARE PC PLAYERS GETTING THAT FDEV!!!?!?!?!

Totally irrelevant argument trying to pull Mac users into the PowerPlay debate.
    The technical issues are well documented about the Mac. There is an issue with the graphics shaders (Open GL issue) that don't allow for planets to be rendered correctly. DirectX has advanced compute shaders and Open GL doesn't. Macs cannot run DirectX!
    You might as well have said PowerPlay isn't available in 1984 BBC version of Elite.

Reason to not support MAC's is very low amount of users. It's almost the same as supporting ARM.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Lol, you really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

True. Anyone who is perceptive and learns the basics of the game can do open in a unengineered hauler. Just lame excuses from people who always blame everything and everyone but themselves.
    When it come to macs, you only need to know they're overpriced POS's. Which is why I asked the question and you had to give an idiots reply.

Originally Posted by Himoura View Post (Source)
    Mac users are really lucky. They get a true Elite Dangerous solo game-mode. WHEN ARE PC PLAYERS GETTING THAT FDEV!!!?!?!?!
    Is that the version when they close their eyes and imagine they are playing the game?

Originally Posted by Sh1nyTh1ngs View Post (Source)
    Engineering is not a requirement for Open at all, that is entirely false. Sure it makes it safer but nothing stops you participating, and escaping if you want to.

Complaining about content being PvP focused is not the same as the current complaint about console player being gated behind their relevant multiplayer subscription.
    No, Engineering IS a requirement for PP - which is what this thread is about and not Open Play. The poitn being that if you force everyone into open, then the G5 ships rule making a need for everyone to grind to G5 if they want to PP.

Originally Posted by Sh1nyTh1ngs View Post (Source)
    Engineering is not a requirement for Open at all, that is entirely false. Sure it makes it safer but nothing stops you participating, and escaping if you want to.

Complaining about content being PvP focused is not the same as the current complaint about console player being gated behind their relevant multiplayer subscription.
    Engineering IS a requirement for Open, otherwise you're gankfood.

And you didn't demand evidence f their complaint to this current change, you demanded where their pitchfork was. NOT THEIR COMPLAINT. Soeither you meant the literal farming implement or you meant colloquially where her posts complaining about the other stuff in Horizons was. And that is what I gave you.

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post (Source)
    If someone is on PC and doesn't own horizons, than that is on them. It's their choice not to buy the expansion
    So they have to buy the expansion to play something they already paid for? I might be wrong here as it was ages ago, but I think PP was part of the original release. So now to play it you're saying they have to buy the expansion?

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post (Source)
    Nope. They're base game owners, and if PP which is part of the base game is moved to open, then they deserve to be allowed engineering. That you want to keep your engineering and them off it out of spite is irrelevant to anything in reality. Your feels ain't the reals.

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    No, Engineering IS a requirement for PP - which is what this thread is about and not Open Play. The poitn being that if you force everyone into open, then the G5 ships rule making a need for everyone to grind to G5 if they want to PP.
    Originally Posted by Sterling MH View Post (Source)
    Engineering IS a requirement for Open, otherwise you're gankfood.

And you didn't demand evidence f their complaint to this current change, you demanded where their pitchfork was. NOT THEIR COMPLAINT. Soeither you meant the literal farming implement or you meant colloquially where her posts complaining about the other stuff in Horizons was. And that is what I gave you.
    If you are gankfood without super engineered ships that just means you are a pretty bad pilot. Not saying that to offend you, but to put your claims in perspective. When you're cautious you can do trade cgs in stock sideys in open. Try it.

So they have to buy the expansion to play something they already paid for? I might be wrong here as it was ages ago, but I think PP was part of the original release. So now to play it you're saying they have to buy the expansion?
    No, you are saying that, because you cant imagine people not needing engineers in open. Which is simply your problem. Buy horizons, dont buy it, just dont use it as an excuse for your own failings.

No, you are saying that, because you cant imagine people not needing engineers in open. Which is simply your problem. Buy horizons, dont buy it, just dont use it as an excuse for your own failings.
    I have done trade CG's in an un-engineered T6. Was great fun.

If you are gankfood without super engineered ships that just means you are a pretty bad pilot. Not saying that to offend you, but to put your claims in perspective. When you're cautious you can do trade cgs in stock sideys in open. Try it.

Ok if you want to be wrong, again, that's fine. let's see you do POWERPLAY - the TOPIC of this THREAD in a A rated ship and we'll see how you fair against a G5 Ship. Pretty sure most if not all of the PVP'ers here will tell you how wrong you are (they already havbe btw as I've read what they've said about it in other posts).

I had to capitalise since you don't seem to be able to read so can you at least acknowledge you understand the topic being discussed here?

Originally Posted by Sterling MH View Post (Source)
    Nope. They're base game owners, and if PP which is part of the base game is moved to open, then they deserve to be allowed engineering. That you want to keep your engineering and them off it out of spite is irrelevant to anything in reality. Your feels ain't the reals.
    So the solution therefore is to make Engineers available to all if you want to remain fair, balanced and keep your integrity.

To not do this would mean you couldn't care less about the cows that chew your field. Some players even support being a cow.

Horizons was 5 in the last sale. I'm sure there will be a couple more before Q4.
    Get Horizons when it's cheap.

As well as locking out Solo players, FDev also want to kick Mac users to the floor and also non Horizon players - can't Eng your ship? Don't even bother playing PP, right?

So Mac users get it worse because they literally cannot buy Horizons.
    Horizons will be included when these changes will go live, nobody will be excluded from PP, then another paid expansion will be released IMO.

Aren't consoles less powerful than Macs for processing graphics?
    "Powerful" is pretty generic but no macs are not better than consoles for gaming, for multiple reasons (also OS and software).

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast