Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wouw people have been busy over the years traveling the galaxy

wouw people have been busy over the years traveling the galaxy

wouw people have been busy over the years traveling the galaxy, look at all those traveled systems you see a pattern of lanes lol Frontier you guys better start making new things to discover lol i mean look at the dots all traveled trough.

of course lots of systems not discovered but man wouw still allot for us mere humans

this is the map from the app EDDiscoverey i see the count seems to be at 22,459,026 passed trough by people hahaha

I'd like to see that image from a side on view. Thanks for posting though, very interesting.

I'd like to see the side view too though I dare say the vast majority of that travel isn't that far away from the galactic plane.

If I squint, I can see my house from here!

If you weren't already aware of it you may be interested in this really cool thing by Cmdr Orvidus where you can upload the log files from your Elite Dangerous installation folder (no need to be signed up to EDDiscovery or anything like that) and it will generate a video of your travels for you.

Something like this ..

In my opinion, CMDR Orvidius' visited systems map visualizes things better. Sure, a map by EDDiscovery might seem to cover all the galaxy at first, but a larger image will show you that it's nowhere near filled out. Plus the auto-generated map does say how many systems were uploaded so far: 22,429,586 yesterday, estimated as 0.005607% of the galaxy. Judging by a figure that Frontier have released some time ago, Commanders in total have visited roughly five times as many systems as were uploaded to EDSM.

That image doesn't have a sideways view, but many of the other charts on the site do. You might want to take a look at the star class heatmap. Note: only a fifth of the uploaded systems are there, because folks have scanned the stars in only that many systems. (I, too, am guilty of not scanning every star I jump to.)

Originally Posted by OldManKnott View Post (Source)
    I'd like to see that image from a side on view.

Top is looking from the south, bottom is from the east.

Originally Posted by iain666 View Post (Source)
    Top is looking from the south, bottom is from the east.
    What's the significance of the yellow color on that map versus the white?

Although thats a lot, keep in mind theres 400 billion systems in the game and it took us 4 years to discover 22 million. At that rate it will take us another....72,720 years to discover the rest

Originally Posted by Orion_Ancient View Post (Source)
    Although thats a lot, keep in mind theres 400 billion systems in the game and it took us 4 years to discover 22 million. At that rate it will take us another....72,720 years to discover the rest

Pfft!!! i'll do it in half that time!!!

I think Frontier should open access to the Magellanic Clouds.

Rooks o7

Sign up? that thing is free lol what you mean with signing up for EDDiscovery lol btw its not mine or something its just a nice toy which i found hehe and saw all that traffic was WOW but video is nice also btw

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    If you weren't already aware of it you may be interested in this really cool thing by Cmdr Orvidus where you can upload the log files from your Elite Dangerous installation folder (no need to be signed up to EDDiscovery or anything like that) and it will generate a video of your travels for you.

Something like this ..

Oh you can look at the side also just did not bother taking a snapshot of it there are soo many nice tools out there made by people for free but well i choose this one guess its not really the point the point is that Elite space has been traveled far far away to by space pioneers and it shows for sure hah im starting to like it again all ws a bit bored but now its getting fun again traveling and so (played to much from day one hahahaha )

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    In my opinion, CMDR Orvidius' visited systems map visualizes things better. Sure, a map by EDDiscovery might seem to cover all the galaxy at first, but a larger image will show you that it's nowhere near filled out. Plus the auto-generated map does say how many systems were uploaded so far: 22,429,586 yesterday, estimated as 0.005607% of the galaxy. Judging by a figure that Frontier have released some time ago, Commanders in total have visited roughly five times as many systems as were uploaded to EDSM.

That image doesn't have a sideways view, but many of the other charts on the site do. You might want to take a look at the star class heatmap. Note: only a fifth of the uploaded systems are there, because folks have scanned the stars in only that many systems. (I, too, am guilty of not scanning every star I jump to.)

Originally Posted by Skooter View Post (Source)
    What's the significance of the yellow color on that map versus the white?
    That's just where I've been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast