Thread: Weather effects

Weather effects

So I was watching the first video that showed in game footage. While watching all the new videos showing off the game I noticed some effects were missing from what we have seen.

I am talking about the orange haze you can see in this video. The scene where the Rex is standing there sniffing the air and then the other scene with the raptors running around. Both shots feature what I believe is sunset lighting with some kind of haze effect going on. Whatever it is I think it looks pretty cool and it has a very JP feel to it. I hope it's still in the game as a weather effect.

I also hope there is fog as well. Cause nothing says a mysterious island full of cloned Dinosaurs like fog. The books used a lot of this imagery as well as night imagery. Of course you have to imagine it.

I wonder if they will show off some atmospheric weather effects in any new videos. There is more to weather than just rain, wind, lightning, thunder and twisters.

Love the fog idea!!! I hope there's gameplay consequences associated with it besides the visual effects.

I think you only have to look at Planet Coaster to see that the atmospherics are sure to be absolutely beautiful. FDev also pride themselves on bringing real science into their simulation games so, although it's not the orange haze that the OP talks about, at 2 minutes into this video we have a couple of predators not only in the rain but actively wet ... !

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    So I was watching the first video that showed in game footage. While watching all the new videos showing off the game I noticed some effects were missing from what we have seen.

I am talking about the orange haze you can see in this video. The scene where the Rex is standing there sniffing the air and then the other scene with the raptors running around. Both shots feature what I believe is sunset lighting with some kind of haze effect going on. Whatever it is I think it looks pretty cool and it has a very JP feel to it. I hope it's still in the game as a weather effect.

I also hope there is fog as well. Cause nothing says a mysterious island full of cloned Dinosaurs like fog. The books used a lot of this imagery as well as night imagery. Of course you have to imagine it.

I wonder if they will show off some atmospheric weather effects in any new videos. There is more to weather than just rain, wind, lightning, thunder and twisters.
    Yeah the haze effect looks very cool, hopefully it's still in the game.

I'm thinking this was probably a shot of the island that is set at dusk. Which is exactly why I'm not a fan of the idea in general. Because having the same lighting/mood all the time will probably get boring very quickly (normal noon daytime being the exception). But maybe the weather system will give us some variety in this regard. Either way I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be the same on every island.

Originally Posted by JohnMiller1132 View Post (Source)
    Love the fog idea!!! I hope there's gameplay consequences associated with it besides the visual effects.
    It would definitely make it harder to see. But not too hard cause it would just be an annoyance.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Yeah the haze effect looks very cool, hopefully it's still in the game.
    So do I. JPOG had the same kind of effect and it would be nice to see it again with a modern engine.

Originally Posted by Kevinosaurus View Post (Source)
    I'm thinking this was probably a shot of the island that is set at dusk. Which is exactly why I'm not a fan of the idea in general. Because having the same lighting/mood all the time will probably get boring very quickly (normal noon daytime being the exception). But maybe the weather system will give us some variety in this regard. Either way I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be the same on every island.
    Even if it's just on one island I would still be happy. Though I wish we can have all these nice effects on all the islands.

Do anyone of you know if there will be a weather report option in the game like in jPOG? Or will the twisters and storms come without any warning?

Maybe what they showed with the orange effect and the dinosaurs in total black, is because they did not want to show the designs of the dinosaurs in their time, maybe due to a lack of design or they wanted to wait longer to be graphically more attractive, I think I

Possibly we will not see that orange sunset giving a total black shadow, but we will see the weather "orange" with other effects in the shadows, that is not a total black.

I think the same, a foggy climate is perfect for this game, because as we know, Isla Nublar is called that because of the amount of fog that is often created because it is a volcanic island.

Originally Posted by inachos View Post (Source)
    Do anyone of you know if there will be a weather report option in the game like in jPOG? Or will the twisters and storms come without any warning?
    No we don't. Though that would be interesting to have.