Thread: Ship destroyed whilst in SRV...HELP!!!

Ship destroyed whilst in SRV...HELP!!!

OK I used my ship to take out the defense turrets at an outpost so I could approach data terminal in my SRV, But I did not know the turrets would get repaired so I made the mistake of landing too close. The result was my ship destroyed leaving me wanted and stranded in my SRV! What can I do

CMDR weepop

Log into the none horizons version of the game, in theory it should stick you in space or the rebuy screen if you ship is dead, but either way none horizons means no SRV.

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    Log into the none horizons version of the game, in theory it should stick you in space or the rebuy screen if you ship is dead, but either way none horizons means no SRV.
    Not a good idea, it causes problems further down the line where ED thinks your ship is alive, Horizons thinks it's dead - so you'll never be able to recall that ship when you next land.

Best bet, self destruct & see the rebuy screen.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Not a good idea, it causes problems further down the line where ED thinks your ship is alive, Horizons thinks it's dead - so you'll never be able to recall that ship when you next land.

Best bet, self destruct & see the rebuy screen.
    Ahh I was unaware of that, in that case OP ignore me and follow MickyG's post.

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    Ahh I was unaware of that, in that case OP ignore me and follow MickyG's post.
    It's not that it isn't a doable option, but the next place the OP would be heading would be support because every time he gets in his SRV the ship disappears - then it's touch and go as to whether support will give it back to them given that it, essentially, was cheated back into existence.

Yeah, there is no way around it. Whether you self-destruct in SRV or log into a non-Horizons version, you're gonna end up in the rebuy screen and consequently at the last port you've docked.
    Destroyed ship is a destroyed ship. No matter where you were at the time of its destruction.

Many thanks CMDR lokvette that worked a treat, I would never of thought of that..
    friend request sent

CMDR weepop

WOOPS just read other replies and I think I am now in trouble...
    suggestions wanted

Originally Posted by weepop View Post (Source)
    Many thanks CMDR lokvette that worked a treat, I would never of thought of that..
    friend request sent

CMDR weepop
    Just wait until you next dismiss your ship - best bet to avoid the support option now is to go to a station, store all it's modules & buy another one, fit all your stuff to that.

Your current ship will be marked as dead in Horizons so every time you dismiss it from now on you will be forced to switch back to vanilla to get it back again.

It's not a method that should be used for getting back a destroyed ship.

Just wait until you next dismiss your ship - best bet to avoid the support option now is to go to a station, store all it's modules & buy another one, fit all your stuff to that.

Your current ship will be marked as dead in Horizons so every time you dismiss it from now on you will be forced to switch back to vanilla to get it back again.

It's not a method that should be used for getting back a destroyed ship.
    Micky I have just tried landing on nearby planet and entering my SRV , ship remained so I dismissed it and it left, then recalled it and it came back and I entered OK. Does this mean I do not have a problem ??

weepop

Micky I have just tried landing on nearby planet and entering my SRV , ship remained so I dismissed it and it left, then recalled it and it came back and I entered OK. Does this mean I do not have a problem ??

weepop
    You might be lucky, or it might rear it's head later.

OK Micky to be safe I have followed your advise and got a new ship, Luvly new cockpit glass without all those scratches and shiny new paintwork, even got that new car smell !!

Thanks CMDR weepop

OK Micky to be safe I have followed your advise and got a new ship, Luvly new cockpit glass without all those scratches and shiny new paintwork, even got that new car smell !!

Thanks CMDR weepop
    I've never noticed, but can you / do you get new glass when you buy a new ship? Or even "repair" the existing one? If there is a fuel-rat equivalent of Autoglass out there, I'd definitely use their services

Originally Posted by Spaceman Si View Post (Source)
    I've never noticed, but can you / do you get new glass when you buy a new ship? Or even "repair" the existing one? If there is a fuel-rat equivalent of Autoglass out there, I'd definitely use their services
    I think that weepop (sounds disgusting ) was teasing - the canopy blemishes are one of Frontier's attempts at "ambiance".

It certainly works - I sometimes feel like I am on a certain well-known budget airline looking out of their not-very-well maintained windows sometimes It does certainly add a good dose of realism to the view, especially when stars hove into view, and I do like it actually. You can always get a crystal-clear view by using the camera, anyway.