Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: PP to open, an observation.

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Because there isn't really a gap. There's EVE for all your space PVP-meta-griefing-endless-grinding needs. It fulfills them for those who want them.
    For the other 196 people who want to play something like this, that isn't EVE... well... what studio is going to design a game for 196 people?
    There is no grind in EVE unless you want it. ED is the "game" which forces you to grind for everything.

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I think it's a masterful idea and could be a lot of fun, everyone's always whinging about PP being rubbish so it's the perfect candidate to be experimented on.
    I suspect that's exactly why. FDev may be experimenting with ways to get more people out of Solo (otherwise Squadrons is going to flop pretty hard), and Powerplay is almost the perfect guinea pig.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I think it's a masterful idea and could be a lot of fun, everyone's always whinging about PP being rubbish so it's the perfect candidate to be experimented on.
    Powerplay in Open would not be needed if Powerplay was redesigned so it did not need voting, and that all modes were equal in risk (as well as reward).

    The proposals given are to essentially 'fix' 5C. Extra voting stages alone won't do it, neither will Open only do it. By focussing players you limit 5C as well, as it will be clear in short order who is being silly.

    Networking and the blocking tools are issues, but thats also a gamewide problem- it will also effect Carriers and Squadrons so holding back one 'because' is a bit futile if future concrete content is built on them as well.

    I'd love to ask Sandro about going further, merit decay is the most contentious Powerplay issue that kills enjoyment the most. Maybe a second round of feedback, since the 'sideorder' thread turned into the dish of the day (or year).

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    Powerplay in Open would not be needed if Powerplay was redesigned so it did not need voting, and that all modes were equal in risk (as well as reward).

    The proposals given are to essentially 'fix' 5C. Extra voting stages alone won't do it, neither will Open only do it. By focussing players you limit 5C as well, as it will be clear in short order who is being silly.

    Networking and the blocking tools are issues, but thats also a gamewide problem- it will also effect Carriers and Squadrons so holding back one 'because' is a bit futile if future concrete content is built on them as well.

    I'd love to ask Sandro about going further, merit decay is the most contentious Powerplay issue that kills enjoyment the most. Maybe a second round of feedback, since the 'sideorder' thread turned into the dish of the day (or year).
    That's overanalyzing, it's much simpler. PVP'ers have no content (which contributes to ganking), everyone hates PP and moans all the time that it's a boring grind dominated by min-maxers.

    Combine those two problems into Sandro's solution and you have PVP specific content which is also more exciting for everyone else.

    Everyone is a winner.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    That's overanalyzing, it's much simpler. PVP'ers have no content (which contributes to ganking), everyone hates PP and moans all the time that it's a boring grind dominated by min-maxers.

    Combine those two problems into Sandro's solution and you have PVP specific content which is also more exciting for everyone else.

    Everyone is a winner.
    I read this in the voice of Paul Merton...

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    That's overanalyzing, it's much simpler. PVP'ers have no content (which contributes to ganking), everyone hates PP and moans all the time that it's a boring grind dominated by min-maxers.

    Combine those two problems into Sandro's solution and you have PVP specific content which is also more exciting for everyone else.

    Everyone is a winner.
    Maybe it solves both our views? If it does then game on!

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    I suspect that's exactly why. FDev may be experimenting with ways to get more people out of Solo (otherwise Squadrons is going to flop pretty hard), and Powerplay is almost the perfect guinea pig.
    So...instead of making content for the people that are playing the game, they're trying to force people into playing a different game? I'd say it's crazy but with the decisions FD comes up with I might just have to say you hit it right on the head!

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by Tuub t Tute View Post (Source)
    I read this in the voice of Paul Merton...
    I read it in the voice of the Leper from the Life of Brian.

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    So...instead of making content for the people that are playing the game, they're trying to force people into playing a different game? I'd say it's crazy but with the decisions FD comes up with I might just have to say you hit it right on the head!
    It's the next logical step to try after improving C&P, they want more people in open or they wouldn't be bothering with these fixes/tweaks.

    It'll be tested at beta stage anyway so wait till then and give it a bash.

    Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    I read it in the voice of the Leper from the Life of Brian.
    My mum said that's what you sound like on the phone.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Because there isn't really a gap. There's EVE for all your space PVP-meta-griefing-endless-grinding needs. It fulfills them for those who want them.
    For the other 196 people who want to play something like this, that isn't EVE... well... what studio is going to design a game for 196 people?
    http://jumpgate-tri.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12