Thread: Sirius Permit

Sirius Permit

I've been doing stuff in the Sothis area and as will tend to happen, built my rep up with Sirius Corp to ally.

But no sign of a permit to visit the Dog Star. Not a big deal, not why I'm here, but I expected I would get it as an aside.

Do I need to go somewhere else to trigger that?

Should just be a case of picking up the permit mission from a Sirius controlled station...

You should get the permit mission there. Eventually. Got mine in Procyon from memory, took a while for the mission to spawn.

Permit-granting missions tend to be courier missions, so you may have better chances of finding it at a system within 15 LY of Sirius. (Sirius doesn't need to be the controlling faction, just present in the system)

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    Permit-granting missions tend to be courier missions, so you may have better chances of finding it at a system within 15 LY of Sirius. (Sirius doesn't need to be the controlling faction, just present in the system)
    ^^^This.

But not just "better chances". Permits are only ever offered at systems withing 15ly of the permit system. The permit faction has to be present. So Procyon or Avik.

Thanks all. As soon as I rocked up to Procyon I got the mission straight away.

Sirius permit

Hi Commanders,

The Mission Board at the station in Procyon says "granting permit"(I've achieved allied status with Sirius Corporation.)

Is it just a question now of waiting for the permit to appear? The decline/accept boxes at the foot of the dialogue box doesn't allow me to click on "accept".

Comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Richard H

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    ^^^This.

But not just "better chances". Permits are only ever offered at systems withing 15ly of the permit system. The permit faction has to be present. So Procyon or Avik.
    Ah, this is very useful information for me, too.

Lately, I was in the mood to get a permit for the 'jotun' system. (My first non-engineer related permit since all my four years of playing!)
    I found the controlling faction two jumps away and got allied with them - but I didn't recieve a permit mission in any of their 3 stations (two outposts, one military surface station).
    I thought, it would be a matter of time/re-log but didn't want to test it, as my play-time was nearing its end for this day.

As it seems, I was simply too far away from the permit-restricted system!
    I will have a look and try to find another one with this faction present.
    It doesn't need to be the controling faction in the system in order issue permit missions, right?

As I usually don't do BGS gameplay, I have a question though:
    Is it possible that a faction is not present in a suitable close-by system and only present in systems too far away? (Possibibly due to a retreat from the close-by systems.)

Go to Procyon and sell exploration data

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    It doesn't need to be the controling faction in the system in order issue permit missions, right?
    No, I think as long as they control the station/port you should be OK, but it does seem to increase the odds of getting the mission.

Originally Posted by Richard H View Post (Source)
    Is it just a question now of waiting for the permit to appear? The decline/accept boxes at the foot of the dialogue box doesn't allow me to click on "accept".
    Stupid question, but it's not a cargo mission (or something) you don't have cargo space for?

-- It's odd I've done several system permits (Jotun, Sirius, Van Maanens + some I forgot ...), and never really had any problems getting them... maybe I'm just lucky!?

Sometimes, there's a lag between getting the "permit obtained" message in the inbox, and the actual permit appearing in your permits list (and the resultant permit-lock restriction on the system being lifted for you).

Think of it as it taking time for the bureaucrats to process the paperwork. You can usually give the bureaucrats a nudge by logging out of the game, and back in again.

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    As I usually don't do BGS gameplay, I have a question though:
    Is it possible that a faction is not present in a suitable close-by system and only present in systems too far away? (Possibibly due to a retreat from the close-by systems.)
    This should be possible.

There is one permit system, Mingfu, where none of its native factions exist anywhere else. So this permit can't be earned.