Thread: Any news on if there will be a Frontier Expo this year?

Any news on if there will be a Frontier Expo this year?

If I remember correctly, it was around this time last year that a super secret/special event was TBA.

It just crossed my mind and I was wondering if there have been any announcements or even hints about an event this year?

I imagine Jurassic World Evolution will sell like gangbusters and FD will be wanting to give themselves a well deserved pat on the back and have a chance to engage with a whole new set of fans and community.

But most importantly to me and probably many others here would be announcements on ED, what do you think they might realistically be? (I know this just another speculation thread in disguise).

I must admit thinking that there needs to be a significant announcement of some major new features for 2019 as for me at least I'm running out of patience. This wont be a dramatic rage quit or flouncing off like ballet dancer with a hole in his tights, more a "screw it" and finding something more engaging to do with my leisure time. Because as welcome as core improvements are, overall ED is starting to feel rather stale and stagnant IMO.

I was rather disappointed with the Beyond unveiling but was able to temper it with the fact that it was free and that it shows that FD are still committed to trying to make the game the best it can be, indeed the improvements to Engineers were great, but tinkering with or overhauling whats already there only goes so far. I feel like post-Beyond is a threshold moment for me and I'm interested to know how many others feel similarly.

IMO to keep ED fresh and engaging Frontier have to announce something big this year either for the mooted "premium content" we still know nothing about or for their 2019 updates. This really falls down to one of two things either atmospheric landings (my preferred direction) or some kind of spacelegs (at this point I'll take either).

So What do you reckon?

Originally Posted by killminster View Post (Source)
    Any news on if there will be a Frontier Expo this year?
    Only in Solo.

If they do it they should change location to a one that provides more than 2 male toilets and have some better catering available. My suggestion would be the ExCel-Hall. The plus is that you have very good hotels AND London City Airport around.

Isn't it too early to be wondering about this? We're still waiting to see everything they announced at the last one!

They said it was supposed to be an annual thing IIRC.

Originally Posted by playfuldreamer View Post (Source)
    Isn't it too early to be wondering about this? We're still waiting to see everything they announced at the last one!
    Still? We're still waiting for what they promised in the future?

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    If they do it they should change location to a one that provides more than 2 male toilets and have some better catering available. My suggestion would be the ExCel-Hall. The plus is that you have very good hotels AND London City Airport around.
    Trees. Behind buildings. People's side yards.

You're a guy. The world is your toilet.

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)

What if I'm an attack helicopter?

Could have used West Ham's ground. It was round the corner
    Plenty of crap there every other week.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Sorry. You'll need to use the little attack helicopter's room.

Just do what one of the Mercury astronauts did and do it it your flight suit.

Originally Posted by Scryder View Post (Source)
    Just do what one of the Mercury astronauts did and do it it your flight suit.
    Little tip I got from a real astronaut: there is nothing wrong with taking a leak in a flight suit. Just make sure it aint your own.

Breitbart is that way. ----->

2019 will have to be announced in one way or another

EXPO was on the second floor if i remember correctly. Out of the window you mean?

I laughed far harder and more manically than I should at this. REPPED!