Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 91213141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SRV instancing still broken. **Fixed as of 3.3 (1.27 PS)**

Originally Posted by MAD_DOG_MacD View Post (Source)
    I'm starting to consider to build a PC to play this game.

I feel we, the console community, are being left in the dark when it comes to this game. In fact, from what I've seen, it's a whole different game in the PC World, with all the features (and working SRVs) available for it....
    I've entertained that idea myself. What bothers me about this is that it actually rewards Frontier for not fixing the console version; you'd have to buy ED and your cosmetics all over again - more money in Frontier's pocket. I have a real problem with this...

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I honestly don't understand why this bug is taking so long to nail, the worry for me is FDev cannot fix it and it will just be left now as it is.
    I hear you. If these were the "good ol' days" of computing where we could role back to previous versions of software, I'd go back to 2.3 (after they fixed vsync) when everything worked great. It baffles me to this day that Frontier can't just go back in their repository and fix the SRV bug by looking at the working code they surely have on file. Lab's theory is the best I've heard, that the person(s) responsible for bringing the game to PS4 in the first place have since left, and their replacement(s) don't understand what they did to make it work back in 2.3.

Thankfully I have got other games to play (where multiplayer is working fine) so I guess that is what I will do.
    This is the other reason I'm not following Gary into PC gaming - I've got plenty of other very enjoyable games that work and look wonderful, even on a humble PS4 Slim. One man's SRV is another man's horse

LOL good point Duck, not something I'd relish but I am entertaining the idea. There are sadly, a few games that are PC only that I would love to burn away my non-existent social life with. Space games are making a comeback, Elite, you are not the only game in town anymore.

Oh, I will continue to plug away at Elite on my Pro, but my voice will not be silenced until a REAL effort or communication has been satisfactory put into this SRV problem. I have vested interest in this Console version as I've met a great group of people that I constantly wing up with, play with and call them "friends" outside of the console world. Not something I want to give up too easily.

Gary

Even if it doesn't look good, how about a test run on the release day of 3.3.?

Suggestion:
    11.12., UTC 19:30 at Davs Hope (Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 A5 at 44.818 / -31.389)
    My PSN ID: Nerix

Originally Posted by Nerix View Post (Source)

Suggestion:
    11.12., UTC 19:30 at Davs Hope (Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 A5 at 44.818 / -31.389)
    I should be around, think we are friends on PSN now. Happy to party chat / wing up with anyone.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #200
    Please see Ed's post here for an update on this issue!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    Great news, thanks Lloyd! We'll test that on release day, fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    Finally! The update would have been a real damp squib for console players without this being fixed.

AWESOME! Thanks for the update. I'll be testing this out myself with my group of friends. If it does indeed work as it should, I'm joining up with DW2.

Gary

I never realized how many SRV threads I was subscribed to until this morning, LOL.

Originally Posted by Nerix View Post (Source)

Suggestion:
    Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I should be around, think we are friends on PSN now. Happy to party chat / wing up with anyone.
    I'm always down for another test. Hit me up if I forget.

Thank you!

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.....

Thank you, and good job.

Awesome news, cheers lloyd!

Nice to hear - but it took you too long.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 91213141516 LastLast