Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7101112

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SRV instancing still broken.

Originally Posted by Latent Buzzard View Post (Source)
    Well you didn't expect them to actually know if an update fixes a problem shortly before they released the update did you ?
    Funny that, because in Overwatch we get a nice little message on the welcome screen that lets us know when Blizzard is aware of a game-breaking bug, along with a promise that they are working on it and will be releasing a patch soon. Frontier on the other hand....

Originally Posted by CMDR Uzyurdady View Post (Source)
    Yeah I feel ya on this...

It is very game breaking and frustrating

When the 3.2 dropped I went to the Guardian sites. There was like 9 ships landed and 2 SRVs roaming around the site. I was like...well...could have been an amazing gaming time with other CMDRs but had to log out and go solo to be able to do it without crashing the game...
    Still surprised that it worked for me back then (with 3 SRVs in close proximity, somewhere above I posted a screen. edit: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6965978). Didn't have the chance to test it again.

Later this evening (CEST) I'll be farming guardian mats probably in col 173 sector OD-J B25-2 Planet B1. Just drop me a note if anyone wants to join and test a few SRV scenarios.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Funny that, because in Overwatch we get a nice little message on the welcome screen that lets us know when Blizzard is aware of a game-breaking bug, along with a promise that they are working on it and will be releasing a patch soon. Frontier on the other hand....
    Well giving canned responses, closing your bug reports and telling you to check for yourself is roughly the same right ?

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hey everyone!

In regards to the SRV crash, this is something we're actively investigating and thank you for your patience.
    Not good news there..

I’m disappointed.
    Not for the lack of fix, but how Distant Worlds 2 will be impacted.
    I accepted their neglect over the crash itself, but foolishly allowed DW2 to be a light at the end of tunnel that offer some hope in regards to a ‘fun time had by all’.
    At least I’ll be entertained and distracted by Red Dead Redemption 5, and Fallout 350 by the time they fix this.

They have been "actively investigating" this bug for months now. Does "actively" mean something different in British English than it does in American English?

It means, We’ve been ignoring this issue for so long, that other issues, such as what a boost sound sounds like, is more important. Hopefully, those who cared about it will have moved on, and we won’t have to fix it

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    They have been "actively investigating" this bug for months now. Does "actively" mean something different in British English than it does in American English?
    Let me put it this way, its not a translation issue...

If you can't fix it, say it. Honesty goes a long way. Stringing us along, well, not a good idea.

Gary

Originally Posted by MAD_DOG_MacD View Post (Source)
    If you can't fix it, say it. Honesty goes a long way. Stringing us along, well, not a good idea.

Gary
    I’ll have to give you rep for that comment. So true.

Originally Posted by MAD_DOG_MacD View Post (Source)

Gary
    The only "can't" that's acceptable is Frontier can't just leave a crash to blue screen in the game. Even if they have to transfer everyone to their own instance when they launch their SRV, they need to do something (which may include a partial refund to Horizon owners).

C64Fan, thanks, I played this on my Commie 64 as well. This game owes me a few summers during my formative early teenage years.

Old Duck, well, something needs to be done, but being up front will go a long way in my books. I'd rather be told the truth than be strung along.

Gary

Its all very disappointing and pretty unsatisfactory to be honest.

They stated it's still under investiagtion, which means they still don't know the root cause. With 3.3. quite a lot under the hood of ED will change, so who knows, perhaps this bug will get sorted accidentally with all the other changes

Think we should wait for the patch and test it again before getting disappointed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7101112