Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 235

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SRV instancing still broken. **Fixed as of 3.3 (1.27 PS)**

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Hahaha my bad. Dunno why I thought you were xbox
    It has to be the pink pony... hmmm

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    It has to be the pink pony... hmmm
    has to be

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Just to confirm since the question was being asked. I was on a world with 2 others that are on the original ps4 and as soon as that 3rd SRV deployed: Blue Screen.

    All 3 of us are on original.
    Thanks for confirming this.

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Thanks for confirming this.
    Still no word on a fix for this?

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    Still no word on a fix for this?
    Nope, radio silence as always. Old Duck said he believed there's only three minor patches for each point version release which we've had now so I doubt we will see anything until the next release.

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Nope, radio silence as always. Old Duck said he believed there's only three minor patches for each point version release which we've had now so I doubt we will see anything until the next release.
    Which is absolutely bull. Hello Games already released 5 updates since the Next update came out for No Man'd Sky and it hasn't even been a month's time. FDev has ZERO excuses for not fixing blatantly bad glitches that been around a long time when Hello Games, a team of only 15 people, can patch out a truck load of horrid glitches in under a month. If FDev expects people to buy ship kits and paintjobs for ships that will be obsoleted by a better ship in the next update then they better put those claimed 100 people that work on Elite on glitch duty full time instead of a Jurassic World game that kept people interested for 2 weeks.

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Which is absolutely bull. Hello Games already released 5 updates since the Next update came out for No Man'd Sky and it hasn't even been a month's time. FDev has ZERO excuses for not fixing blatantly bad glitches that been around a long time when Hello Games, a team of only 15 people, can patch out a truck load of horrid glitches in under a month. If FDev expects people to buy ship kits and paintjobs for ships that will be obsoleted by a better ship in the next update then they better put those claimed 100 people that work on Elite on glitch duty full time instead of a Jurassic World game that kept people interested for 2 weeks.
    At least we have got as far as getting it formally recorded on the known issues list.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-(06-07-2018)

    It is slightly mis-attributed.
    - It doesn't just affect PS4 players - I thought it affected both PS4 and Xbox players
    - I would expect it to be in the Gameplay section of the Known issues list as it affects gameplay (we cannot instance together and drive multiple SRVs around in the same instance on a planet)
    - Reporting it in Multi-crew is, in my opinion, wrong. It is not a multi-crew problem, Multi-crew is tele-presence into another Commanders ship. It is a multiple Commander in a single instance problem, specifically when the commanders are driving in their SRVs.

    Hopefully Frontier will prioritize fixing this issue as part of the Q3 drop. Leaving it to be fixed in Q4 (and risking failing) will cause a lot of problems for the DW2 expedition. I would want Frontier to target fixing it in the Q3 drop. This will give them the chance to fix any undocumented knock-on issues that arise between Q3 and Q4.

    ...here's hoping...

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Which is absolutely bull. Hello Games already released 5 updates since the Next update came out for No Man'd Sky and it hasn't even been a month's time. FDev has ZERO excuses for not fixing blatantly bad glitches that been around a long time when Hello Games, a team of only 15 people, can patch out a truck load of horrid glitches in under a month. If FDev expects people to buy ship kits and paintjobs for ships that will be obsoleted by a better ship in the next update then they better put those claimed 100 people that work on Elite on glitch duty full time instead of a Jurassic World game that kept people interested for 2 weeks.
    Wait, Hello Games just updated NMS for a 6th time in under a month**

  9. #54
    Tested it last night and it's still broken! 2 of use on planet in our srv's and within a minute of the 3rd person arriving and getting in his srv the game crashed for all 3 of us.
    This has been going on since 3.0 (I remember going to the guardian sites and all the crashing till we split up into twos)
    Is that we platform users are not important for them?
    Or that we just don't shout about it enough?
    ITS STILL BROKEN!!!

  10. #55
    Unfortunately for us the shareholders are far more important than cosmetics sales on the Frontier store.

  11. #56
    Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately for us the shareholders are far more important than cosmetics sales on the Frontier store.
    A bit harsh.

    We are all spitballing in the absence of any information from Frontier.
    All we know for certain is that they have acknowledged it as a known issue.

    It would be good for Frontier to give an update on progress on fixing this issue but I doubt we will get anything until it appears in patch notes.
    The forum community is too toxic to allow Frontier to give a simple 'we are working on it' update.
    The problem could be
    - Something to do with how Sony handle netcode for instancing
    - Something to do with how the console handles multiple SRVs on the planet
    - Something to do with how Elite handles multiple SRVs on a planet
    - Something to do with how Elite handles wing player updates
    - etc
    - etc

    if it is any one or more of the above problems, or something completely different, as soon as Frontier start talking about it, they risk losing the narrative and lots of people using the previously intended positive engagement as a chance to bash the game. Which in turn, risks turning more people away (either from buying the game or from continuing to support the game).

    It is a shame, but until we get formal confirmation of the fix, I would expect radio silence from them.

  12. #57
    Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    A bit harsh.

    We are all spitballing in the absence of any information from Frontier.
    All we know for certain is that they have acknowledged it as a known issue.
    Well, maybe. But only in the sense that the realities of life are harsh ;-)

    I doubt cosmetics on the Frontier store amount to much. If I was a shareholder, I'd want to be hearing about the next revenue stream, not how many bugs they'd fixed. Part of my weariness comes from the skepticism about the 'known issue'. It took _so_ long for it to appear on that list, despite the fact that I and many others had reported this numerous times a long time before 3.0 dropped. It was only after a barrage of complaints that it appeared on the list. I sincerely hope I am wrong but they could just have added it to the list to shut us up. I know I would.

    Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    It would be good for Frontier to give an update on progress on fixing this issue but I doubt we will get anything until it appears in patch notes.
    The forum community is too toxic to allow Frontier to give a simple 'we are working on it' update.
    We're into a chicken and egg situation here. Many people said that the early days of Elite were a paragon of communication between Frontier and their customers. Clearly this is not the case now. How and why this came to be we will never know, but I know objectively that the PC version is the priority platform; this is clearly stated.

    Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    if it is any one or more of the above problems, or something completely different, as soon as Frontier start talking about it, they risk losing the narrative and lots of people using the previously intended positive engagement as a chance to bash the game. Which in turn, risks turning more people away (either from buying the game or from continuing to support the game).

    It is a shame, but until we get formal confirmation of the fix, I would expect radio silence from them.
    Oh I totally agree, there is little to no value in discussing the nature of this problem. In fact it's only to the detriment of Elite as it just wastes time. My issue is the time it took to acknowledge what is a serious bug affecting many (I've only heard one person say they are not affected by it). I've watched the latest stream with Ed and Will and Ed talked a lot about listening to the community and working with us. Distant Worlds 2 is a huge community event and this bug will massively impact on it if it is not resolved. So if this talk about listening to the community and engaging with us is true, then some comment on this would be in order IMHO. Not for every bug, most of the bugs I see reported are trivial at best. However the people are Frontier are very smart and I am sure they can see the concerns we have about this one issue.

    I love Elite, I must have clocked over 3000 hours on PS4 now and bought Frontier points for the 2.0 update to support it, which is purely a token gesture but this has stopped me doing so for the 3.0 update as I feel strongly they have let us down on this one.

  13. #58
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Wait, Hello Games just updated NMS for a 6th time in under a month**
    FD used to update every other day it seemed, and then people complained that it was always during their playtime so they dialled it back and now we only get occasional releases. Can't win no matter what you do.

  14. #59
    Simple answer is they don’t care. I disagree with Morgan here because they act quickly to pull out a mission type that’s bugged and put it back once they fix it. If this were a gold rush glitch of some sort it would be patched with a couple days. So why isn’t SRV instancing? Because imo 2 reasons FDev listens to a certain subset of people on here and there is an uproar anytime credits are too easy to earn. The second reason being we are raising this issue on the ps4 side and no one reads this area really.

    This year was suppose to be QOL improvements and so far they are failing at that. Typical improvements in that regard would fix persistent bugs that’s ruin gameplay features you advertise.

  15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #60
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Simple answer is they don’t care. I disagree with Morgan here because they act quickly to pull out a mission type that’s bugged and put it back once they fix it. If this were a gold rush glitch of some sort it would be patched with a couple days. So why isn’t SRV instancing? Because imo 2 reasons FDev listens to a certain subset of people on here and there is an uproar anytime credits are too easy to earn. The second reason being we are raising this issue on the ps4 side and no one reads this area really.

    This year was suppose to be QOL improvements and so far they are failing at that. Typical improvements in that regard would fix persistent bugs that’s ruin gameplay features you advertise.
    I try and read the forums daily but I don't always have the time to respond to posts individually unfortunately. I can definitely understand that not having feedback on issues like this would be frustrating though, and thanks to everyone for being so patient and continuing to send their crash reports through.

    We are aware of how much of an issue this crash is across multiple platforms and we are working on it (by "we" I mean the members of the team who are much smarter than I am ). It is, however, quite a complicated issue so it is taking longer to resolve than other bugs.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast