Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76 Announced - Are you in?

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    Also, multiplayer customers are all gathered in a small handful of games at a time, they always end up flocking massively to the latest flavour of the season battle royale. They go where other people are going too (which makes sense as multiplayer game require, well, multiple players, the more the merrier). A new battle royale game pops up, away they all go.

Single player customers are distributed across a hugely superior amount of individual games and genres. They don't need to go with the flow, because, well, it's single player, it doesn't matter one iota what everybody else is playing.
    Ye, MP games heavily compete about playerbase - or player time. However, it doesn't really take that many players to get a matchmaker making matches for a simple PvP. Yet, every mode or partition a game offers potentially dilutes the chances to find matches. Chunky playerbase is definitely a thing people like to see when sticking to a MP. You get matches faster.
    And on top of that if yu pug, you'll likely see that that annoyed you not again.

Originally Posted by Vistitor010100 View Post (Source)
    My understanding of private servers is: You host the game, and it appears in a list that others can see, you set the parameters open to public or invite.
    That's how many MP games I played in the past that didn't have dedicated servers supported by the game maker.
    BF1 introduced rented servers. They had to be paid for. Their first appearance was so you dint even get a reserved slot in the server you rented, lol.

EA made a right mess of the BF1 private servers, even now several iterations along they are still poor when it comes to admin rights etc. Shame as the game itself is utterly superb and in my opinion rates as one of my favourite MP games I've ever played in 20 years.

Hoping they sort it out for BFV. The prices could also do with a little downward adjustment.

Fallout has been lackluster since Bethsoft took over the franchise.

Also, I refuse to play open world games filled with annoying children when those children cannot be killed. In Fallout 2 I executed all of the children in the Den ASAP because they kept pickpocketing my character's grenades. Was a very cathartic experience.

Has this been done already in this thread? New Vegas mod to provide the "Fallout 76 Experience" while waiting for F76 to be released itself:

This mod sets out to bring the full experience of Fallout 76 to new vegas, complete with mic spamming, raging squeakers, zergs, and proper gamertags.

As for what exactly this mod does, it adds about a dozen new NPCs (other players) to the game world most of which have dialogue to make them feel like the average other player in any MMO.

I would prefer a remake of Interstate 76 instead

Big Fallout 76 info dump from Mr. Matty Plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5PKinWqRU

Some hard numbers on server sizes, campaign and story, and leveling. Fairly long video.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Big Fallout 76 info dump from Mr. Matty Plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5PKinWqRU

Some hard numbers on server sizes, campaign and story, and leveling. Fairly long video.
    Quite hyped. With a tendency to emphasize on the positives. Basically don't hear any negatives. I'd rather wait for some real gameplay experience. This was just mostly shilling.

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    Quite hyped. With a tendency to emphasize on the positives. Basically don't hear any negatives. I'd rather wait for some real gameplay experience. This was just mostly shilling.
    Well, he wasn't too happy about some stuff (power armour in backpacks, best xp from mp events), seemed pretty balanced to me. Much like with ED, I think I'll be waiting for the beta to come out before deciding - I'm not fussed about a MP Fallout, but the stuff about how playable it is in solo sounded good. Saddest part is I have a group of people who are always looking for new coop games, but there are 5 of us and sounds like '76 is 4 max

I haven't really been following this title and know next to nothing about it.

But from what I have just gleaned from their website, could someone explain how this is going to differ from PUBG and any of those other combat arena and/or survival games like WarZ/DayZ and so on?

Sounds like a team B project to me.

Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post (Source)
    I haven't really been following this title and know next to nothing about it.

But from what I have just gleaned from their website, could someone explain how this is going to differ from PUBG and any of those other combat arena and/or survival games like WarZ/DayZ and so on?

Sounds like a team B project to me.
    Well, for starters, it's not built around PvP

Yeah, think of it more like Fallout .... but with other people

(other people optional)

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Well, that's reassuring at least. I will be interested to see how they handle quests and the like.

And after a quick read of its Wikipedia page it indicates that player settlements will be possible and that other players will be able to attack them, so it may not be "built" around it but will feature it in some form or other.

Every quest giver a robot? Hmm. Certainly won't be pre-ordering this one.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Without proper design it's not going to matter and "Why you shoote me?" - "Because I can." will be heard in quantity.

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    Without proper design it's not going to matter and "Why you shoote me?" - "Because I can." will be heard in quantity.
    Have you watched their video on how to prevent griefing? I guess you didn't.
    They have, in my opinion, the most awesome mechanic anyone ever invented. I quite look forward to being griefed.

I suppose you're not gonna watch it, so here's the rundown:

1) The amount of damage you can innitially do to another player is minimal (so no surprise headshots, no OP shotgun in a face of AFK player,...)
    2) The attacked player can accept the duel and then it's fair and square 1v1
    3) The attacked player can REFUSE the duel and then they will keep being damaged only slightly by any consecutive attack.
    4) You can eventually kill them (by little bug bites that will cost you a lot of money for expensive ammunition) and if you do, the only loot you will get from them are crafting resources they've gathered in the last session. They can happily respawn wherever they want and keep all their gear, etc.
    5) You now have a big ol' bounty on your head. You no longer can see players on your minimap, so unless you accidentally run into somebody, you won't find anyone. And on the other hand you are now shown as a big target to EVERYBODY. So bounty hunters will be closing in and you WON'T see them coming. They are free to kill you and loot you and your bounty that they're gonna get will be deducted from YOUR account.

The bottom line is - non-con combat is discouraged and WILL ruin your day.

Since it sounds so pointless, why even allow it in the first place? Is it to keep the Fortnite and PUBG crowd happy?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast