Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

Originally Posted by CMDRArkam View Post (Source)
    Alliance Challenger and Aliance Chieftain (Challenger image from Pc Gamer article)
    Plus the Krait it seems

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    I hope that Frontier take serious note of the percentage of people who are getting fed up with combat related content being pushed over non combat interactions.
    Hope so.

I started to get fed up a year ago already. haha. Combat, PvP, etc, should all be in the game, I'm not against it. It's an essential part, but when 90% of the things that comes out in the updates are that only, it's being a bit of a bother.

The biggest issue I have is... why the heck did FDev work so hard to make a galaxy with 400 billion stars when 99% of the game is supposed to be combat in 0.000001% of the galaxy (the bubble)? It's like they're missing the point of their own game. It's like having a restaurant with an adjacent garden and yet serving frozen food only. There is a galaxy there. Use it. Do something more interesting with it. After all, there's about 1 million stars per player to go around. Essentially, if we all spread out evenly, and played in Open, we wouldn't be able to find each other. I've visited only 20,000 systems so far, so trying to visit 1 million... it's a task for the rest of my life. And each one of us could visit a unique star every day for the rest of our lives. So... therefore we combat in PvP in Open in the bubble... stay away from those scary stars where you can't don anything but honk at them...

And mining, gosh, loved doing it, but pays like crap. You make more bounty hunting in a hi rez than actually doing the job you're supposed to.

Originally Posted by Leut View Post (Source)
    Going American?Make it bigger and faster
    and unable to turn corners?

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    I hope that Frontier take serious note of the percentage of people who are getting fed up with combat related content being pushed over non combat interactions.
    Agreed. I am not really interested in combat stuff. From time to time I will do. Hopefully the krait will be in this update too and it will give me something else to do.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Agreed. I am not really interested in combat stuff. From time to time I will do. Hopefully the krait will be in this update too and it will give me something else to do.
    As we saw that quad engines it seems yes the krait is on that one

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Hope so.

I started to get fed up a year ago already. haha. Combat, PvP, etc, should all be in the game, I'm not against it. It's an essential part, but when 90% of the things that comes out in the updates are that only, it's being a bit of a bother.

The biggest issue I have is... why the heck did FDev work so hard to make a galaxy with 400 billion stars when 99% of the game is supposed to be combat in 0.000001% of the galaxy (the bubble)? It's like they're missing the point of their own game. It's like having a restaurant with an adjacent garden and yet serving frozen food only. There is a galaxy there. Use it. Do something more interesting with it. After all, there's about 1 million stars per player to go around. Essentially, if we all spread out evenly, and played in Open, we wouldn't be able to find each other. I've visited only 20,000 systems so far, so trying to visit 1 million... it's a task for the rest of my life. And each one of us could visit a unique star every day for the rest of our lives. So... therefore we combat in PvP in Open in the bubble... stay away from those scary stars where you can't don anything but honk at them...

And mining, gosh, loved doing it, but pays like crap. You make more bounty hunting in a hi rez than actually doing the job you're supposed to.
    I am hoping that the new exploration/scanning mechanics coming in Q4 are super duper.

this is not sooner than I thought.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    As exciting as all of this is, I really care about one thing right now - BUG FIXES.

I look forward to the patch notes
    Ditto. I started playing on xbox about a year and a half ago and most major nebulas are completely broken. If FD looked at the crab nebula in the galaxy map, facing towards the core of the galaxy, they would see the problem. It makes it completely not worth exploring for me and many others.

I'd be stunned if FD ever actually plays on a console and realizes what it's like.

I am hoping that the new exploration/scanning mechanics coming in Q4 are super duper.
    Me too. If not, I probably will run out of steam and interest in 2019. I still play, but my probably much less.

I hope that FDev is just in the phase of taking care of all combat/PvP that they can right now, so they can take a new approach for all the PvE that's missing. And I truly hope they eventually figure out some better mechanics for the fee structure of missions, or they'll end up having a full time staff to balance and nerf for the rest of the game's life.

Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)
    this is not sooner than I thought.
    True. It's 2 days before the end of Q2, isn't it? It's almost as late as possible. Oh, well, it's a minor update anyway.

The expectations of the exploration community are through the roof it seems. I personally killed them inside I don't want to get disappointed again

Beyond was always make it or break it for me. 3.0 was more on the "break it" side.

I don't want to judge 3.1 until I see the full change log and actually play the game once it's released.

Current status: still waiting. Mood: still disappointed.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    True. It's 2 days before the end of Q2, isn't it? It's almost as late as possible. Oh, well, it's a minor update anyway.

To be fair, they've never said Chapters 2 and 3 will be in Q2 and 3 respectively. This is community's making. All they've said is Ch.1 in Q1, Ch.4 in Q4 and 2 small content updates in between.

Looking forward to the bug fixes

#SilverLining

Is that planet Earth behind the scouts?? (butt puckers)

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    The expectations of the exploration community are through the roof it seems. I personally killed them inside I don't want to get disappointed again

Beyond was always make it or break it for me. 3.0 was more on the "break it" side.

I don't want to judge 3.1 until I see the full change log and actually play the game once it's released.

Current status: still waiting. Mood: still disappointed.

To be fair, they've never said Chapters 2 and 3 will be in Q2 and 3 respectively. This is community's making. All they've said is Ch.1 in Q1, Ch.4 in Q4 and 2 small content updates in between.
    What I expect and what I hope for are two very different things. But for me 3.0 was a big step in the right direction. Sorted the easy stuff out first (trading and engineers), and give themselves plenty of time to sort out the really tough stuff which will be exploration and scanning mechanics.

No news on the Krait? And who knows. The Challenger might make a above average explorer.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast